Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-21-2012   #101
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

No.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #102
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
87 receptions last year 6 tds
354 rushing yards
caught 73% of passes thrown his way (outstanding rate)
Legit return man
threat to score from anywhere on the field
cheap
young

He did it with a rookie qb. You should think of him as a #1 because he IS.
Yeah, those are pretty good numbers considering the offense that he was in, but are you honestly telling me that you think that Percy Harvin is a true #1 WR that can be that guy for years? He is more of a gadget WR that can make get yards after the catch, but he isn't a deep threat WR and never will be. Most of the time you want your #1 WR to be a versatile WR that can do it all. Harvin will never be a guy that can do it all in my opinion. I don't think you'll find many others that would agree with you there either. Hell, just in this thread alone there are only a few people (Which includes me) that would even want him as a #2 WR. I think that's crazy considering the fact that Walter is our #2 WR and he is a pretty bad one at that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #103
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, those are pretty good numbers considering the offense that he was in, but are you honestly telling me that you think that Percy Harvin is a true #1 WR that can be that guy for years? He is more of a gadget WR that can make get yards after the catch, but he isn't a deep threat WR and never will be. Most of the time you want your #1 WR to be a versatile WR that can do it all. Harvin will never be a guy that can do it all in my opinion. I don't think you'll find many others that would agree with you there either. Hell, just in this thread alone there are only a few people (Which includes me) that would even want him as a #2 WR. I think that's crazy considering the fact that Walter is our #2 WR and he is a pretty bad one at that.
Its funny that you refer to the opinions in this thread...this morning on the sports radio stations(3) the consensus was just the opposite. If he can be had, get him. He has speed to burn so he is a deep threat (although his average yards wasnt great this year). Think of him like desean jackson. My only onfield concern with the guy in our offense would be his ability to block - and i'm assuming hes a poor blocker due to his size- dont honestly know.
Old 06-21-2012   #104
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its funny that you refer to the opinions in this thread...this morning on the sports radio stations(3) the consensus was just the opposite. If he can be had, get him. He has speed to burn so he is a deep threat (although his average yards wasnt great this year). Think of him like desean jackson. My only onfield concern with the guy in our offense would be his ability to block - and i'm assuming hes a poor blocker due to his size- dont honestly know.
He isn't and never will be the type of impact player as a deep threat that Desean Jackson is. Desean was a huge deep threat going all the way back to his college days. Harvin was never a big deep threat in college. He played a WR/RB type of WR that made a living off of short pass routes where he made yards after the catch. He was like a RB that could catch a lot of passes. He isn't that much different in the NFL. He has gotten better as far as being a down field threat, but that will never be his strength as a WR. My entire characterization of his skill set though is exactly what I think would work great on the Texans team, because we already have AJ as a great deep threat and we wouldn't need that out of Harvin. I think he'd be a great fit here skill wise, but I do agree that there are character concerns. With him being so young though, I'd take that risk since we're in "win now" mode or at least we need to be.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #105
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He isn't and never will be the type of impact player as a deep threat that Desean Jackson is. Desean was a huge deep threat going all the way back to his college days. Harvin was never a big deep threat in college. He played a WR/RB type of WR that made a living off of short pass routes where he made yards after the catch. He was like a RB that could catch a lot of passes. He isn't that much different in the NFL. He has gotten better as far as being a down field threat, but that will never be his strength as a WR. My entire characterization of his skill set though is exactly what I think would work great on the Texans team, because we already have AJ as a great deep threat and we wouldn't need that out of Harvin. I think he'd be a great fit here skill wise, but I do agree that there are character concerns. With him being so young though, I'd take that risk since we're in "win now" mode or at least we need to be.
Harvin isnt the return man jackson is but their body types and styles are very similar. Harvin is young and getting better...to this point in their careers (3yrs) Harvin is a better reciever then jackson was(production). If your looking for a #1 wideout in the mold of fitzgerald, Harvin's not your guy. But a cursory look through team rosters leads me to believe he'd be a #1 wr for 15 teams and in the mix for 3-4 more. Fantasy football mags routinely have him ranked in the top 12-20 range. I realize those are just mags so I take it with a grain of salt but he is legit. We agree the Texans should be in a win now mindset and this guy would be a fantastic addition no matter how you slice it.
Old 06-22-2012   #106
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, Harvin isn't going anywhere. His complaint seems to be about playing time, which has some merit...

Quote:
Vikings Misuse

A far bigger problem has been the Vikings refusal to get the most out of their dynamic superstar. Last season Harvin played just 58.8% of the Vikings offensive snaps, and never played in a game where he saw more than 80%. In his career to date, Harvin has never played in a game in which he didnít come off the field, and the closest he came to an ever-present game was Week 7 of 2009 where he missed just a hand full of snaps against the Packers. In that game he accounted for 65 yards receiving, another 41 and a touchdown rushing the ball, and returned three kicks for an average of 27 yards per attempt.
Last season Harvin led the NFL with a catch rate of 79.1% when working in the slot. That was well clear of the pack and more than 5% better than Marques Colston, who is as sure handed as they come across the middle. There were only four receivers who gained more yards per route run than Harvin did last season, bettering the marks set by the likes of Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald and A.J. Green. Christian Ponder finished the season with a passer rating of 70.1, and Donovan McNabb was just at 82.9, but on throws targeting Harvin, the pair combined for a QB rating of 97.2.

Harvin finished the season as our 6th ranked WR with a grade of +14.3, and he had fewer snaps than any of the players ranked ahead of him...
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-percy-harvin/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012   #107
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's early and there's no way to know at this time but I think the staff thinks we have that guy on the roster already in K-Mart. Granted, he doesn't have an NFL snap under his belt yet but has received praise from the man that counts on numerous occasions already.

Other considerations being: Rookie contract, hasn't developed the dreaded 'Diva Syndrome" and zero baggage. The one knock on K-Mart being that he's not finishing plays. My gut tells me Softy Gary will have him finishing plays to the goal line during TC.

Nothing to base this on other than (or is that "then") my gut feeling but more times than not, the 'ol gut comes through.

Agree/disagree?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012   #108
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I know it's early and there's no way to know at this time but I think the staff thinks we have that guy on the roster already in K-Mart. Granted, he doesn't have an NFL snap under his belt yet but has received praise from the man that counts on numerous occasions already.

Other considerations being: Rookie contract, hasn't developed the dreaded 'Diva Syndrome" and zero baggage. The one knock on K-Mart being that he's not finishing plays. My gut tells me Softy Gary will have him finishing plays to the goal line during TC.

Nothing to base this on other than (or is that "then") my gut feeling but more times than not, the 'ol gut comes through.

Agree/disagree?
They HOPE.

Drafting is always hit and miss. And it's WAY too early to tell what we have in any of these players.

The question is how comfy Kubes feels with such an inexperienced bunch. He's not one to trust rookies if he can help it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #109
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

...late to the thread but I'd love to have PH on this team. Dude's a big time weapon and an elite player when his team can get him the ball. The Vikings have had garbage quarterbacking for a while....would love to see Harvin in a real offense.

That said, no way we trade for Harvin. Price and concussion history takes care of that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #110
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
...late to the thread but I'd love to have PH on this team.
I'd love to have a player just like PH on the team but without the attitude and medical history. AJ, Harvin-clone and Schaub would carve the league up then top it off with Foster. It would be like the skit - which way'd they go? - which way'd who go?
Old 06-23-2012   #111
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Harvin isnt the return man jackson is but their body types and styles are very similar. Harvin is young and getting better...to this point in their careers (3yrs) Harvin is a better reciever then jackson was(production). If your looking for a #1 wideout in the mold of fitzgerald, Harvin's not your guy. But a cursory look through team rosters leads me to believe he'd be a #1 wr for 15 teams and in the mix for 3-4 more. Fantasy football mags routinely have him ranked in the top 12-20 range. I realize those are just mags so I take it with a grain of salt but he is legit. We agree the Texans should be in a win now mindset and this guy would be a fantastic addition no matter how you slice it.
Harvin is also a pro bowl level PR/KR. He would be the best PR/KR that this team has ever had. The numbers that Playoffs posted above suggest that Harvin hasn't been used to fullest extent of his abilities.

If AJ is only able to play 10 games or so, then having Harvin to take the pressure off the Posey/Martin/Jeans of the world would be ideal. If AJ stays healthy the you have a dynamic WR corps.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #112
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm later than Vinny but would like to add my 2 cents . I'd be willing to give a 2nd and beyond . The dude is just to good when he gets the ball in his hands . I don't see him as Desean Jackson as much as I see him as Darren Sproles .
Old 06-23-2012   #113
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Agree/disagree?
I hope you're right about Martin/Jean/Posey.

You've got to figure 1 out of the 3 will work out. Getting Harvin on board would give them the time to develop properly. Instead of being rushed on the field before they are ready like Gary did with JJ.
Old 06-23-2012   #114
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm later than Vinny but would like to add my 2 cents . I'd be willing to give a 2nd and beyond . The dude is just to good when he gets the ball in his hands . I don't see him as Desean Jackson as much as I see him as Darren Sproles .
Do you honestly think Rick/Gary will be able to find a WR as good as Harvin if they are picking in the 28-32 range in next yrs draft. I dont.

Harvin has a very reasonable contract for the next 2 yrs and is out performing his current contract. Harvin would be a perfect WR2. IMHO The only question I've got about Harvin is his blocking ability.

Harvin is a WR that you can win with. NC/NFC championship game his last yr in college and rookie yr in the NFL. He really hasn't been a diva since he's been in the NFL. Or maybe he has and I just cant find examples since he's been in the NFL.

The best thing about trading for Harvin is that he's only 24 yrs old and already played in the league for 3 yrs. You should be able to get max production from Harvin for another 6-8 yrs.
Old 06-23-2012   #115
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Do you honestly think Rick/Gary will be able to find a WR as good as Harvin if they are picking in the 28-32 range in next yrs draft. I dont.

Harvin has a very reasonable contract for the next 2 yrs and is out performing his current contract. Harvin would be a perfect WR2. IMHO The only question I've got about Harvin is his blocking ability.

Harvin is a WR that you can win with. NC/NFC championship game his last yr in college and rookie yr in the NFL. He really hasn't been a diva since he's been in the NFL. Or maybe he has and I just cant find examples since he's been in the NFL.

The best thing about trading for Harvin is that he's only 24 yrs old and already played in the league for 3 yrs. You should be able to get max production from Harvin for another 6-8 yrs.
But what about that ugly cap issue?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012   #116
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

An ESPN recap published Jan 2012:
Quote:
Percy Harvin (B+): As dynamic in space as anyone in the NFL, Harvin never quit, even as the losses mounted and a nagging rib issue knocked him out again and again. Participated in all 16 games (14 starts) for the first time. Played only 600 snaps (57.9%) on offense but nonetheless racked up 1,832 total yards on 155 touches. Set career highs with 87 catches for 967 yards (11.1 average) in 118 targets (73.7%) and ran 52 times for 345 yards (6.6 average), touching the ball once every 2.3 snaps he was on the field. Returned 16 kickoffs for 520 yards (32.5 average), including a 103-yard touchdown on the season's opening kickoff at San Diego and a 104-yard return at Atlanta. Caught six touchdown passes, including 52- and 48-yarders against Denver, and ran for two more. Became a focal point in Musgrave's offense, getting a variety of manufactured touches and at times lining up as a traditional halfback. Generated 14 receptions of 20 yards or more. Blocked as well as any receiver in the NFL. Dropped out of four games because of the rib issue. Spent the final 5 minutes and overtime against Detroit throwing up on the sideline. Twice returned at Carolina and spun for a pivotal 11-yard gain on third-and-7. Missed two practices because of illness the week of the Denver game, only to explode for 156 yards on eight catches. Generated 616 yards after the catch, trailing only New England's Wes Welker. Broke 15 tackles. Dropped six passes. Fumbled twice and lost both. Took three penalties. Still only 23 years old, Harvin has a chance to play himself into a monster contract after next season if he stays healthy -- and if the Vikings don't lock him up first.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #117
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

What part of "Will expect a monster contract" do people not understand?
Old 06-26-2012   #118
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
2 years for 4.3 million, plus the compensatory pick you could get when he leaves is pretty good if you ask me.
Old 06-26-2012   #119
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And what part of the below is unclear:

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Vikings GM Rick Spielman said today his team has "no interest at all" in trading Percy Harvin. Carry on.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #120
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
And what part of the below is unclear:
Oh, yeah. GMs always tell the truth.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read