Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011   #121
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: 2011 Hurricane Season

Tropical Storm Nate has formed in the southern Gulf of Mexico... expected track for the next couple days will be very erratic, then taking a generally northwestward movement. Current forecast track pushes Nate into northeast Mexico in about 5 days... though deviation into southern Texas is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #122
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Tropical Storm Nate has formed in the southern Gulf of Mexico... expected track for the next couple days will be very erratic, then taking a generally northwestward movement. Current forecast track pushes Nate into northeast Mexico in about 5 days... though deviation into southern Texas is possible.
I feel like I was just Rickrolled. I have been in the know about the Freaky Friday stuff from the get go, however, I was in this thread earlier and read your post, but left thinking it was Thorn. Then I saw that brakos82 had the latest message in the thread and thought it was an update to Thorn's, but then found old timey war guy.

TrapStar
Old 09-07-2011   #123
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I feel like I was just Rickrolled. I have been in the know about the Freaky Friday stuff from the get go, however, I was in this thread earlier and read your post, but left thinking it was Thorn. Then I saw that brakos82 had the latest message in the thread and thought it was an update to Thorn's, but then found old timey war guy.

TrapStar

Well you and TS Nate can kiss my ass!

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 09-08-2011   #124
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Tropical Storm Nate continues to sit in the Bay of Campeche... has nearly become a hurricane. Forecast track is slightly more favorable for a south Texas landfall... though impacts won't be felt for several days. NHC forecasts bring Nate to a cat-2 by Sunday, holding strength through at least Tues with the center still well off-shore.

Tropical Storm Maria is struggling to organize itself... could become a tropical depression or remnant low within the next 24 hours.

Hurricane Katia... though it has a wide rain field, is staying off-shore from the Carolinas... No impacts expected from Katia, other than moderate surf along the eastern seaboard.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2012   #125
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Something to keep an eye on.

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2012/06...days-well-see/

Quote:
Those who watch the tropics closely have been pinging me to ask about a possible hurricane striking the coast in about 10 to 12 days time.

That’s because one of the major global forecast models, the GFS, has been advertising this possibility for a couple of days. The latest forecast run, for example, brings a rather large system to the Texas coast on June 23.

I’m generally skeptical about such strong storms this early in the season, and regard models after seven to 10 days to have very little basis in reality. But what about this storm?

For some insight I turned to Chris Hebert, a tropics expert at ImpactWeather. Here are his thoughts:

I’d take that with a grain of salt. For the past week, the GFS, along with the European and Canadian models, has been hinting at possible tropical development in the western Caribbean and/or southern Gulf of Mexico between June 17 and 22.

The long-range GFS has also been predicting the movement of an MJO pulse into the East Pacific by next weekend. The linked map indicates increased lifting resulting in increased thunderstorm activity into the NW Caribbean by next weekend. The Wheeler diagram also indicates a moderate MJO in the longer range:

The bottom line is that all available model guidance has been at least hinting at possible development in the western Caribbean and/or the southern Gulf of Mexico between next Sunday through next Friday. Currently, thunderstorm activity in the region remains minimal. There are no disturbances to focus on.

However, the models actually did predict “something” developing either in the western Caribbean or off the East U.S. Coast about 10-14 days before Beryl developed. They obviously are picking up on something, so I think that the best course of action is to keep an eye on the western Caribbean over the next week to see if there is any increase in thunderstorm activity. If thunderstorms do blossom in the region, then there might be some chance of development.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #126
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 06-12-2012   #127
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Shouldn't we have a new thread for 2012, or change the date in this threads title?

In any case, I've already been squirrling away my hurricane supplys for this year. I've got one week of non-perishable food in the cabinet and 8 cases of water. I still need to check my flashlights and batteries, and the first aid kit. And the portable radio.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #128
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Hurricane Season

And it begins for 2012........

Old 06-21-2012   #129
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we are not doing a new one for 2012

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012   #130
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Weather Channel says New Orleans and West. But of course that's Stephanie Abrams.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012   #131
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Weather Channel says New Orleans and West. But of course that's Stephanie Abrams.
Weather Underground seems to agree with this prediction. So far at least.

Old 06-22-2012   #132
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Weather Underground seems to agree with this prediction. So far at least.

They have it being picked up by the trough
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #133
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

The only Debbie I knew dated someone else.

Old 06-23-2012   #134
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Debby comes to Austin and sits on our............nevermind.

I hope we get Debby in Austin for a week or so, we need the rain.
Old 06-23-2012   #135
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

The Highwaymen
Old 06-26-2012   #136
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I hope Debby comes to Austin and sits on our............nevermind.

I hope we get Debby in Austin for a week or so, we need the rain.
It's been sitting on us for a few days now. I haven't seen this much rain in years. I will probably have to drain the pool tomorrow.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #137
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
It's been sitting on us for a few days now. I haven't seen this much rain in years. I will probably have to drain the pool tomorrow.
I thought about you when Debbie decided to pour her precious rain on Fla! Damn, Kevin!! You're a TEXAN friend! Can't you SHARE??! It's HOT here in dear old TEXAS!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #138
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I thought about you when Debbie decided to pour her precious rain on Fla! Damn, Kevin!! You're a TEXAN friend! Can't you SHARE??! It's HOT here in dear old TEXAS!!
I know .. my friends in Austin were talking about 109 degrees weather. Here the storm has passed and it is in the low 80's with a nice cool breeze. If I could send the rain back to Texas I would.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #139
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

investigation 99L

Old 08-02-2012   #140
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Tropical Storm Ernesto

The Highwaymen

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read