Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2012   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98334 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
87 receptions last year 6 tds
354 rushing yards
caught 73% of passes thrown his way (outstanding rate)
Legit return man
threat to score from anywhere on the field
cheap
young

He did it with a rookie qb. You should think of him as a #1 because he IS.
Yeah, those are pretty good numbers considering the offense that he was in, but are you honestly telling me that you think that Percy Harvin is a true #1 WR that can be that guy for years? He is more of a gadget WR that can make get yards after the catch, but he isn't a deep threat WR and never will be. Most of the time you want your #1 WR to be a versatile WR that can do it all. Harvin will never be a guy that can do it all in my opinion. I don't think you'll find many others that would agree with you there either. Hell, just in this thread alone there are only a few people (Which includes me) that would even want him as a #2 WR. I think that's crazy considering the fact that Walter is our #2 WR and he is a pretty bad one at that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read