Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-20-2012   #21
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Trindon Holliday shined in OTA's, not saying he is Percy but could offer substantially more bang for the buck without giving up anything but a roster spot
Joking or not, *hits you with chair*

Old 06-20-2012   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Will never happen.

He's touchy. And if he's doing dope to cure his migraines (yeah, whatever...I have a sore pinkie so I need to smoke medicinal weed to ease the pain I suppose) he'll never make this Texans team as long as Bob McNair is breathing.

The more I look at our offense, the more I begin to think we don't particularly need dynamic WRs. Sure, having AJ is a major plus...but overall, after AJ, who is it that we really lean upon in the receiving game??? Tight Ends. That's who.

We just need a solid WR2, a guy like KW, who is a possession WR. Catch the ball, hold onto the ball, move the chains on 3rd down.

The RBs and the TEs do the rest.
Old 06-20-2012   #23
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Will never happen.

He's touchy. And if he's doing dope to cure his migraines (yeah, whatever...I have a sore pinkie so I need to smoke medicinal weed to ease the pain I suppose) he'll never make this Texans team as long as Bob McNair is breathing.

The more I look at our offense, the more I begin to think we don't particularly need dynamic WRs. Sure, having AJ is a major plus...but overall, after AJ, who is it that we really lean upon in the receiving game??? Tight Ends. That's who.

We just need a solid WR2, a guy like KW, who is a possession WR. Catch the ball, hold onto the ball, move the chains on 3rd down.

The RBs and the TEs do the rest.
I don't smoke weed, but I had my first migraine in my entire life last week, and I would take a sore pinkie over that anyday. REAL migraines are extremely painful and dibilitating. When your wife goes, "Oh, I have a migraine" but she's still watching lifetime television, that is very suspect.
Old 06-20-2012   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain on this morning's 610 session said "no way" due to his history of arguing with his college coaches.
Old 06-20-2012   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Since his rookie season he's only completely missed 3 games...
Eh, don't matter what the stats say. I know he's a boatload of practices and has left games due to something. Migraines, bruised ribs, vomitting, etc.

Like I said, I'll pass unless it's a 3rd day pick.

In the end, this whole discussion is moot. The Vikings have one of the worst WR corps in the league. They'd be nuts to trade him
Old 06-20-2012   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
In the end, this whole discussion is moot. The Vikings have one of the worst WR corps in the league. They'd be nuts to trade him
Well that kind of flies in the face of everything you said prior to this statement.

He has all these problems, but they'd be nuts to trade him?

Seems like they should have been actively trying to replace him for a while now....

They likely won't trade him because he's a good player.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well that kind of flies in the face of everything you said prior to this statement.

He has all these problems, but they'd be nuts to trade him?

Seems like they should have been actively trying to replace him for a while now....

They likely won't trade him because he's a good player.
Or, it's says a lot about the Vikings WR situation.
Old 06-20-2012   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a really good player, who occasionally argued with his coaches in college. This hasn't been a problem in the pros. Oh by the way Harvin was one of the main reasons that those coaches won a national championship.

Yeah we dont need a playmaker like Harvin on the Texans. He wouldn't help at all. But we could use JJ's of the world.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #29
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I say no not because I don't think he could help us, but he's looking for a new contract. Its the same situation as trading for Mike Wallace even though Harvin won't cost as much to sign to a new contract. With having our own players to sign I just don't think you want to add any more to the mix at this point.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Or, it's says a lot about the Vikings WR situation.
Maybe, maybe not.

They haven't made any major attempts to replace a guy who's not worth the trouble though.

And what does it say about our wr corps that he'd be an upgrade over every currently healthy wr on the roster right now?
Old 06-20-2012   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I say no not because I don't think he could help us, but he's looking for a new contract. Its the same situation as trading for Mike Wallace even though Harvin won't cost as much to sign to a new contract. With having our own players to sign I just don't think you want to add any more to the mix at this point.
I agree with that. Unless you are sending significant salary back in return I dont see how this would be a good situation for him either.
Old 06-20-2012   #32
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Patriots are the only team who will take chances on trouble WR's, they are gonna have a leg up on the competition.

As long as the asking price is reasonable, bring Harvin on over.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #33
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
McClain on this morning's 610 session said "no way" due to his history of arguing with his college coaches.
Translation: On a plane now heading for Houston
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #34
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
When your wife goes, "Oh, I have a migraine" but she's still watching lifetime television, that is very suspect.
Yah, when you have a real bonified migraine you want darkness. You don't want to open your eyes.. i've only had about four migraines ever and they were horrible! I usually sleep with the tube on and had to turn it off... I woke up at 3am moaning. I literally wanted to cry...

Now, I'm not saying migraines are the "only" reason Harvin smokes the stuff, but i've heard from plenty of sources that it does help with migraines... I haven't smoked pot in 15 years (and that was only twice), didn't like it, but if i had some around me while suffering a migraine i'd light up...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #35
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

We're already dreading the impending cap hell next year, yet you want to trade for a guy that will demand a huge deal?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #36
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Harvin is under contract for 2y for $2.5m. That's very friendly for the team that gets him.
Old 06-20-2012   #37
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I'm intrigued by the idea. I wouldn't shoot it down. I'd give it some more thought.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #38
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
We're already dreading the impending cap hell next year, yet you want to trade for a guy that will demand a huge deal?
While my guess is this doesn't happen at all - let alone with the Texans being involved - I would consider it under the condition that Harvin agrees to play out the two years remaining on his contract under the current economic terms. If he can find a another team to give him a big contract in conjunction with a trade, then more power to him. If he'd rather position himself for 2014 free agency as a member of the Vikings offense than the Texans, again - more power to him.

And even then, no way would I give up a first. I'll be shocked if anyone does that.
Old 06-20-2012   #39
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'd be interested in Wallace who is reportedly still not happy if we had something to trade to lower his salary costs & a draft pick. Don't see us having a player Steelers would want.
Old 06-20-2012   #40
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just posturing, he wants a new deal. I seriously doubt the Vikings would trade him even for another teams future first rounder. They need more players like Harvin to help out Ponder, why would they want to make this a Blaine Gabbert situation? He would be awesome for us but its beyond a pipe dream. Plus when that new contract comes we probably couldn't afford him anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read