Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2012   #101
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Brandon Brooks, G,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
3 minutes from Reliant?

I hope he's in a safe area....
ALL areas are safe areas around Brandon Brooks.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #102
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The way Caldwell's played the past couple years is not good enough imo. If Brooks learns and plays as advertised, then I'd expect him to win the job easily. Unless, of course, Caldwell can rise to the challenge. Which I doubt considering he's been unable to unseat Brisiel in the past.

I still have a good feeling on Butler if he can stay healthy. To me, that RG spot is the weakest link, by far.
When Brisiel went out last year, it killed us. Caldwell just wasn't up to the challenge. BUT... it came out that Caldwell was playing on two bum ankles at the time.

Kubes alluded to that in one of his interviews.

I think we've got 4 players duking it out for 2 spots on that right side. Right now, the jobs are Butlers and Caldwell's to lose but I think they're going to be seriously pushed by Brooks and Newton.

I think Newton's development (along with Butler's steady play) was why they felt comfortable with letting Winston go.

But I think Brooks could push for RG OR RT. I hope he turns into one of the steals of this draft. I'm really excited to see his development.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #103
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
When Brisiel went out last year, it killed us. Caldwell just wasn't up to the challenge. BUT... it came out that Caldwell was playing on two bum ankles at the time.

Kubes alluded to that in one of his interviews.

I think we've got 4 players duking it out for 2 spots on that right side. Right now, the jobs are Butlers and Caldwell's to lose but I think they're going to be seriously pushed by Brooks and Newton.

I think Newton's development (along with Butler's steady play) was why they felt comfortable with letting Winston go.

But I think Brooks could push for RG OR RT. I hope he turns into one of the steals of this draft. I'm really excited to see his development.
I reckon you might be right about Caldwell's wheels. We'll see. Agreed on all points. Good post PN
Old 05-23-2012   #104
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

it's just hard to tell with Caldwell right now, we are going to just have to wait untill preseason and see how they do. Remember how bad Myers looked playing on his ankle sprain a couple of years ago and we were all screaming for a replacement. Nobody is screaming now, Hopefully Caldwell has the same rebound.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #105
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we really considering starting a right side named Gump (RG Antoine Caldwell) and But (RT Rashad Butler)???

C'mon, Brooks!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
it's just hard to tell with Caldwell right now, we are going to just have to wait untill preseason and see how they do. Remember how bad Myers looked playing on his ankle sprain a couple of years ago and we were all screaming for a replacement. Nobody is screaming now, Hopefully Caldwell has the same rebound.
I'm pretty sure what Kubiak is looking at (Kubiak & Dennison I guess) is totally different from what we'd be looking at. I remember when they picked up Wade & he looked awful to most of us (if I remember right).

Kubiak was pretty confident about starting him at LG & he played like a beast that season. You'd have never known going by that preseason.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read