Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2012   #81
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub has Hardware removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Trent Dilfer had 1500 yds and 12 tds the year the Ravens won the SB.

Run the ball and play good defense.
Trent Dilfer only started 8 games that year so putting up those stat totals without context is meaningless. Tony Banks had another 1600 yards passing.
Old 06-13-2012   #82
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Maybe there is some sort of air boot that offers a better ability for him to push off that foot?
If Schaub is healthy & has a Schaub like season 4k-4500 yds and injury bug flys away, we have a good shot at a SB.
Upon return to play, what is usually recommended is that the athlete wear stiff-soled shoes with an orthosis. It can in itself somewhat hamper performance. An air boot would not only virtually destroy performance, but it would offer no protection while keeping weight on the foot............and it would look funny too.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #83
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Upon return to play, what is usually recommended is that the athlete wear stiff-soled shoes with an orthosis. It can in itself somewhat hamper performance. An air boot would not only virtually destroy performance, but it would offer no protection while keeping weight on the foot............and it would look funny too.
Good info, can you describe an orthosis?
Old 06-13-2012   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Can a QB really pick up those bad habits at his age? Simply a curious question because I have never seen that.
Most people are fearless, until they have some fear knocked into them.

It's not that I think Schaub will develop poor habits, I just wonder if he'll be as fearless as he once was, or will he try to protect himself more.

Then there is the bootleg thing. It's just my opinion, but I think he takes an aweful long time to get around & set up to throw the ball. Again, my opinion, but I think Aj often out runs Matt's arm, because it takes him so long to get around.

If he's going to be slower than he's been in the past, we're in trouble.
Old 06-13-2012   #85
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good info, can you describe an orthosis?
I didn't mean to confuse you with the word "orthosis." It has come to be synonymous with "orthotic." It is any device that supports or corrects the function of a limb or the torso. It can refer to an knee brace, a body spica cast (for scoliosis), an functional insole (shoe insert), etc. In this case I was referring to the insole orthosis in addition to a stiff sole shoe.

Thereís a significant difference between regular insoles that we are used to finding in stores like Walgreen's, Target and Academy, and insole orthoses (orthotics). Regular insoles are purely designed to provide a cushioning effect and shock absorption. They may feel comfortable at first, however they do not address any biomechanical problems, i.e. they are not designed to correct over-pronation. On the other hand, orthoses are functional devices, designed to correct and optimize our foot function. Some insoles also feature an arch support, however they tend to be mostly made of soft materials. As a result, the support they provide is often too weak to have any effect.

Foot orthoses do a lot more than support the arches. They actually realign the feet and ankles, and restore deficient foot function. In addition, they enable a more even weight distribution, taking pressure off sore spots (e.g. the heels, the ball of the foot, corns in between toes, and bunions). They also provide some degree of shock absorption, but this is not their main purpose. The main purpose of an orthosis insole is to improve foot function, in many cases reducing pain and preventing serious problems and re-injuries.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I didn't mean to confuse you with the word "orthosis." It has come to be synonymous with "orthotic." It is any device that supports or corrects the function of a limb or the torso. It can refer to an knee brace, a body spica cast (for scoliosis), an functional insole (shoe insert), etc. In this case I was referring to the insole orthosis in addition to a stiff sole shoe.

Thereís a significant difference between regular insoles that we are used to finding in stores like Walgreen's, Target and Academy, and insole orthoses (orthotics). Regular insoles are purely designed to provide a cushioning effect and shock absorption. They may feel comfortable at first, however they do not address any biomechanical problems, i.e. they are not designed to correct over-pronation. On the other hand, orthoses are functional devices, designed to correct and optimize our foot function. Some insoles also feature an arch support, however they tend to be mostly made of soft materials. As a result, the support they provide is often too weak to have any effect.

Foot orthoses do a lot more than support the arches. They actually realign the feet and ankles, and restore deficient foot function. In addition, they enable a more even weight distribution, taking pressure off sore spots (e.g. the heels, the ball of the foot, corns in between toes, and bunions). They also provide some degree of shock absorption, but this is not their main purpose. The main purpose of an orthosis insole is to improve foot function, in many cases reducing pain and preventing serious problems and re-injuries.
This is why I love you Doc Jean!!! You're able to explain very complex conditions and/or processes in such a way that a layman, (and also not the sharpest knife in the drawer.....me), understand what the hell we're talking about here!!!
Old 06-19-2012   #87
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub's absence hurting Texans' rookie receivers

Posted June 18, 2012 By PFW staff

Here are some Whispers we've been hearing from our sources around the NFL:

ē If there were two Texans who could afford to miss most of offseason team activities while they rehab from injuries, theyíre QB Matt Schaub and WR Andre Johnson. Thatís the good news. But one adverse effect to keep in mind with Schaub being on the sideline is the impact it might have on an extremely young receiving corps. While players are getting extra reps because of Johnsonís absence, they have missed out on building a rapport with Schaub. One source indicated after Houstonís OTAs wrapped up that neither of the wide receivers the team selected in the draft, third-rounder DeVier Posey or fourth-rounder Keshawn Martin, had yet to jump out...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #88
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

ē If there were two Texans who could afford to miss most of offseason team activities while they rehab from injuries, theyíre QB Matt Schaub and WR Andre Johnson. Thatís the good news. But one adverse effect to keep in mind with Schaub being on the sideline is the impact it might have on an extremely young receiving corps. While players are getting extra reps because of Johnsonís absence, they have missed out on building a rapport with Schaub. One source indicated after Houstonís OTAs wrapped up that neither of the wide receivers the team selected in the draft, third-rounder DeVier Posey or fourth-rounder Keshawn Martin, had yet to jump out...
Actually I have heard numerous reports that Martin has done very well.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #89
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Also guys if you click on the link on the right side of the website is a video embedded and next to that is a poll to see which defense is the best in the league. Right now the freaking Seahawks are beating us in the first round poll. Please guys go vote for the rightful winner.
Old 06-19-2012   #90
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Actually I have heard numerous reports that Martin has done very well.
Yep, I've heard that, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #91
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Also guys if you click on the link on the right side of the website is a video embedded and next to that is a poll to see which defense is the best in the league. Right now the freaking Seahawks are beating us in the first round poll. Please guys go vote for the rightful winner.
So me voting helps our defense play better? I have such a vital role on this team I cannot believe I ain't getting a paycheck. Where did I put Bob's cell #. PAY ME RICK!!
Old 06-19-2012   #92
The Medic01
Veteran

Quote:
So me voting helps our defense play better? I have such a vital role on this team I cannot believe I ain't getting a paycheck. Where did I put Bob's cell #. PAY ME RICK!!
I'm not listening, I'm not listening.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read