Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-12-2012   #81
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What can I expect from jacoby Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Never said he was trolling, just that this is posted in the wrong section, because JJ is no longer a member of the Houston Texans organization.
THe Texans were his last and only team he played for. Where else did you expect the guy to go to ask fans about Jacoby Jones? Nothing wrong with him wanting to get a report on the guy from fans who watched him for years.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #82
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
THe Texans were his last and only team he played for. Where else did you expect the guy to go to ask fans about Jacoby Jones? Nothing wrong with him wanting to get a report on the guy from fans who watched him for years.
There is an NFL section.

In that section there are discussions about many former Texans. Lawrence Vickers, Seth Payne, Derrick Mason, Aaron Glen, etc.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #83
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fumble in crunchtime
Old 06-12-2012   #84
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
There is an NFL section.

In that section there are discussions about many former Texans. Lawrence Vickers, Seth Payne, Derrick Mason, Aaron Glen, etc.
The OP isnt a regular contributor to this site .... He's a Ravens fan who came here for insight on a former Texans player .... Give the guy a break , we dont need thread police like ClutchFans.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #85
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
His hand would slip from his forehead if we had one
Old 06-12-2012   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The OP isnt a regular contributor to this site .... He's a Ravens fan who came here for insight on a former Texans player .... Give the guy a break , we dont need thread police like ClutchFans.
+1..... We all have our negative feelings about a guy that after 5 or 6 years (whatever) that never "figured it out". That said, I think we all gave the OP honest feedback, whether positive or more consistently negative accounts.. (Not to mention one of Baltimore's MVP players from last year's playoffs)

*Remember when Matt Schaub was running out of real estate against OAK Raiders and JJ worked hard to bail him out for the game winning TD?? No, me neither!

ETC., ETC., ETC...
Old 06-12-2012   #87
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
+1..... We all have our negative feelings about a guy that after 5 or 6 years (whatever) that never "figured it out". That said, I think we all gave the OP honest feedback, whether positive or more consistently negative accounts.. (Not to mention one of Baltimore's MVP players from last year's playoffs)

*Remember when Matt Schaub was running out of real estate against OAK Raiders and JJ worked hard to bail him out for the game winning TD?? No, me neither!

ETC., ETC., ETC...
Yeah , I think we all gave honest opinions .... I just get tired of the thread police .... Its getting to feel like Clutchfans , and thats annoying. Let the mods mod ... dont like something , report it to a mod rather than clutter the thread or pad your post count , thats done in the drunk thread or LOTPW thread.

This was a public service announcement brought to you by some asshole on the interwebz.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #88
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Even if he didn't muff it, you needed to watch games he was in with a box of TUMS by your side. Remember, Pavlov's dog experiments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A loving good-bye from Kubiak.

I was wondering....

where does Doc get those wonderful toys?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #89
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope followed by despair.
Old 06-14-2012   #90
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Wondering what you guys think of him.

I know that some think he cost them t playoff game vs the Ravens but now that the Ravens signed him, what does he bring to the table. I know he got behind Ed Reed on the one TD in the early season matchup
I'm sorry but Jacoby Jones is an immature bum with speed. Your one chance to get anything out of him is if being cut here somehow caused him to snap to the reality that this could all be over if he doesn't figure out how to focus and become a pro. Years in Houston under Kubiak never seemed to make that happen so I don't like your chances of turning him into an effective receiver very much.
Old 06-14-2012   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
JJ has the one thing you can't teach, speed. As long as he has that, someone will give him a chance based on his potential.
Not really directed at you, but spinning off your comment - folks often talk about JJ's speed when we have a faster WR on the team - AJ. JJ is twitchier than AJ who is a long strider but JJ is not faster. AJ won 60 and 100 meter dash Big East championships. JJ won nada. AJ was recorded at 4.27 in college. He has been a narrow second in the fastest man competition each time he has gone to the Pro Bowl. I'm sure his speed has fallen off some but his running style makes people underestimate his speed.
BOOyAH!!!
Really, BooYah!!

It's as if 'cak didn't say, "Not really directed at you." or Hagar said "we're going to miss JJ's speed."

No one has ever said JJ is the faster player, much less receiver on this team. But, in the past, JJ was the only one even close. Double teaming, even triple teaming Aj is easier when Walter & David Anderson are on the field..... yeah, without JJ over the last couple of years, that's what we had on the field.

BooYah!! really??
Old 06-18-2012   #92
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Like anyone would really pay attention to the Thread if in NFL Section?

Just like in Stripes "Lighten up Francis"

Thanks to all for the input
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012   #93
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Like anyone would really pay attention to the Thread if in NFL Section?

Just like in Stripes "Lighten up Francis"

Thanks to all for the input
We will move it when it seems like interest is dying out but leaving it here for polite visiting fans doesn't hurt anything.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read