Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2005   #21
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, I just checked and Mathis is #2 in the NFL in average yards per kick return with an average of 30.4 per return, 2nd in the NFL in total kickoff return yards with 759 yards, and is one of only 5 players with a kickoff return for a TD this season.
Old 10-31-2005   #22
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathis is obviously a gem midst the rocks. I hope we don't ruin him.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #23
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

What do yall think of D-Hog? Is he going to be a consistant starter in the future, or should we look to draft a center in the draft? I see him out there giving it his all but i dont know much else about the O-line as far as technique and everything goes.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #24
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
What do yall think of D-Hog? Is he going to be a consistant starter in the future, or should we look to draft a center in the draft? I see him out there giving it his all but i dont know much else about the O-line as far as technique and everything goes.
I didn't pay much attention directly to him, but from what I saw he seemed solid. Vinny should be able to fill us in after he reviews the game tape.
Old 10-31-2005   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple of games ago I made a comment how he didn't hold his blocks but after watching a few games but after looking at the games closer he looks like he has played C as well or perhaps better than McKinney has in the past. McKinney has seemed to make at least one really bad mental mistake on a blitz per game killing one of our few drives. I haven't seen anything that has looked like a total busted assignment...or a trend of inside push from the pass rush. I haven't watched yesterdays game yet but so far so good...and I feel pretty good about him.

Drew gets his biggest test vs Stroud and Henderson and an aggressive Jags interior defense this week.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #26
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Drew gets his biggest test vs Stroud and Henderson and an aggressive Jags interior defense this week.
If he can just hold his ground against that crew it would be a major accomplishment for a rookie.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #27
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

was Travis Johnson playing DT in a 4-3? In that play where he stopped the RB in his tracks, he came from the opposite side of the line, though I swear I saw Walker.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #28
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking strictly at second day picks, this is probably our best Draft ! Hodgedon & CC are both starting, and along with AJ, Mathis already has to be ranked as our most electrifying offensve pick and the potential #2 WR we were reportedly willing to use our overall top pick on in this years Draft (Troy
Williamson), had he been on the Board when we selected.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #29
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
was Travis Johnson playing DT in a 4-3? In that play where he stopped the RB in his tracks, he came from the opposite side of the line, though I swear I saw Walker.
Somehow I forgot about TJ. He played like a man on a mission.
Old 10-31-2005   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Mathis already has to be ranked as our most electrifying offensve pick and the potential #2 WR we were reportedly willing to use our overall top pick on in this years Draft (Troy Williamson), had he been on the Board when we selected.
your right he seems to be the Troy Williamson replacement pick, if Troy had been there @ #13 Casserly would have taken him which would have meant no Travis Johnson, no N.O. 3rd rd pick and no Jerome Mathis
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #31
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
your right he seems to be the Troy Williamson replacement pick, if Troy had been there @ #13 Casserly would have taken him which would have meant no Travis Johnson, no N.O. 3rd rd pick and no Jerome Mathis
Not that im a big Casserly suporter but by him drafting Henson and trading him to Dallas we ended up with their 3rd rounder. With that pick we got Mathis. Nice one Cass!
Old 10-31-2005   #32
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Not that im a big Casserly suporter but by him drafting Henson and trading him to Dallas we ended up with their 3rd rounder. With that pick we got Mathis. Nice one Cass!
Mathis was a fourth rounder.
Old 10-31-2005   #33
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

my bad... it was morancy right?
Old 10-31-2005   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we gave away the Dallas pick in the Buchannon deal. The player who represents the pick is either Morency or Buchannon...one or the other.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #35
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I thought we gave away the Dallas pick in the Buchannon deal. The player who represents the pick is either Morency or Buchannon...one or the other.
I believe we kept the Dallas pick #73 & traded our own pick #78 to the Raiders, so Morency ended up being the player aquired/drafted for the rights to Henson.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #36
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

TJ-C Doing decent. He's not being aggresive enough for me. I still think we should have got Derrick Johnson
Jerome Mathis-B+ He would have a A from me but the fact of the matter is the coaches wont let carr throw to him. As far as his kick returns go he has done a hell of a job.
Brown-B Doing decent so far. I think hes learning fast and will end up a great player
D-Hog-C Havent seen enough of him but looks alright so far

I think we did well on draft but should have got DJ.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #37
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This was a really good draft. TJ is doin okay, Morency has not done much, Mathis has been amazing, Hogden is starting, Brown is strating and Pettway is on the PS.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #38
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

morency is the questionable pick i find in the draft. why not a TE???

POPE in the second this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read