Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-10-2012   #1
TerrorBull
Rookie

Default Any known chances to meet former Oilers?

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. Im sorry if this is in the wrong section due to it being oilers related, but I honestly didnt know where to post about a non-existant team. My wife and I went to the 610 fanfest today and had a great time. We were able to get Wade Phillips and Daniel Mannings autographs. I purchased a replica Oilers helmet yesterday in hopes of getting Dan Pastorini and Earl Campbell to sign it. Well I was able to get Dans auto early on, but was not able to get Earls. He had to leave early due to not feeling well (poor guy). We ran into him getting into his vehicle while leaving and he was surrounded by people begging for his autograph. I yelled to him that I just wanted to shake his hand. He stopped just for me and shook my hand while I thanked him for everything he has done for this city. Anyways, Im getting off track with my story. Bottom line is I am asking if there is anyway to find out when players such as Earl, Bathea and coach Bum Phillips might sign again. I am wanting to concentrate on the 1979 team so any other players would be wanted as well. If anyone has any info for any of this, it would be very appreciated. Thanks everyone!

(Sorry if there is a lot of typing errors, I am on my iphone)
TerrorBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Any known chances to meet former Oilers?

Did Aaron Glenn ever show up?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #3
TerrorBull
Rookie

Default Re: Any known chances to meet former Oilers?

You know, I never saw him while I was there. Wonder what happened to him.
TerrorBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Any known chances to meet former Oilers?

Flight from NY was delayed. They said he 'should' get there at 3, but I wasn't about to stay around because I figured he was probably a no-show.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Early has a foundation or website that you can use to get his autograph. You have to pay, but its not a huge fee
Old 06-11-2012   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I received an invite from Earl's sausage company a couple of years go for a "private event" to meet & great the legend.

I was stoked! So I took both my sons, and along with Hervoyel, we set off to meet the great Earl Campbell.

We rolled up to the George R. Brown, and lo and behold, it turned out to be a TRISTAR Show!

Damn disappointed to pay $20+ just to get through the door, and then find out that an autograph from Earl was going to cost over $100.00.

I was very disappointed and wrote his company for the misleading advertising, but they never replied.

At least we go to see him...from a distance, of course.
Old 06-11-2012   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I received an invite from Earl's sausage .
Hobie desperately awaits his invite to Earl's sausage!
Old 06-11-2012   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I received an invite from Earl's sausage company a couple of years go for a "private event" to meet & great the legend.

I was stoked! So I took both my sons, and along with Hervoyel, we set off to meet the great Earl Campbell.

We rolled up to the George R. Brown, and lo and behold, it turned out to be a TRISTAR Show!

Damn disappointed to pay $20+ just to get through the door, and then find out that an autograph from Earl was going to cost over $100.00.

I was very disappointed and wrote his company for the misleading advertising, but they never replied.

At least we go to see him...from a distance, of course.
I think I've told this before . Earl used to work at the Skoal booth at the HLSR . We talked to him in 79 while he handed out Skoal bandits .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read