Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2012   #41
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Defense take a step back in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Attack the post not the poster, KJ's better but still not good enough vs the quality of QB's the Texans will be facing this yr. If KJ was as good as you say Allen wouldn't have gotten meaningful PT at KJ's spot.

BTW, I've never posted anything bad about Rackers, or were you to lazy to look it up?

See this is an example of how to attack the post but not the poster. No need to get personel. Life happens to be quite good right now, sorry to disappoint you.
Dude. You totally attacked the poster.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #42
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Bradie James replaces DeMeco Ryans 'and then some'

Quote:
The Houston Texans traded Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans to Philadelphia in one of the more surprising deals of the offseason. Why would Houston jettison one of their defensive leaders?

Well, Ryans cost a lot. And the Texans think they have already have someone better than Ryans to replace him.

"I don't mind throwing it on the table, we're pretty pleased with picking Bradie (James) up, because we feel like we gained back what we lost with DeMeco leaving, and then some to be honest with you," Texans linebackers Reggie Herring coach said Tuesday.

Herring may have been a little too honest with that assessment. We saw video of a Texans public relations staffer promptly ending the interview while yanking Herring away after he made that statement.

Earlier in the session, Herring said that James -- the longtime Cowboys player -- knew all the "checks" for the defense better than Ryans and Brian Cushing did last year. Ryans was a class act during his time in Houston and the Texans probably don't want to be seen as gloating after trading him. So they cut the interview short.

"At the end of the day, whatever we lost with DeMeco we feel very confident that we've regained it with Bradie," Herring said.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seems good enough.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #43
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Face it, the Texans schedule is much tougher this year than last regardless of what the strength of schedule says. When you win the division, you play all the division winners the next year. I think the defense will play better as a unit this season, but it may not be reflected in wins or defensive rankings.

Cap considerations aside, I hated to see Williams go. I thought he might be better than Demarcus Ware in the position. That being said this defense will produce sacks in big numbers...that's what a 3-4 does.

As much as some don't want to hear it, Bradie James will be a better fit than Demeco Ryans, and replacing Ryans may have been more important than replacing Williams.

Don't know what to say about the secondary, though...last year's numbers show the benefit of a better pass-rush, but did they get any better? I'm kinda hoping the Cowboys release Mike Jenkins.
Old 05-22-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Bored at work...
On the flipside..... we faced an abnormally high number of top 10 defenses last year. Some of that with plan B, then plan C at QB, no Andre, Arian in & out....... & Jacoby Jones as our #1 receiver (for a time)

I often point to the signs showing our defense should take a step back. I've reminded us that the GreenBay Packers had the #2 defense in 2010, facing an offensive schedule like we did in 2011, then fell like a rock to the bottom 2 or 3 (if not the worst) defense in 2011.

That could be us.

But, again looking at the Green Bay Packers, if our offense can play the Lions, Packers, Vikings,Bills, Patriots, & Colts (x2) (all finished 21 or worse on defense) & look like the unstopable 2011 Packers..... our defense may actually look better.

Keep the opponents offense off the field. Rack up points early to take away the running game..... pin the ears back.

It all depends on how you look at it.
Old 05-22-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Attack the post not the poster, KJ's better but still not good enough vs the quality of QB's the Texans will be facing this yr. If KJ was as good as you say Allen wouldn't have gotten meaningful PT at KJ's spot.
eh..... I don't know about that. On the one hand, you had a 2nd year guy that had a really rough going his rookie year. On the other hand, you've got a journeyman on the rebound after a bust of a career in Miami.

New DC. New DB coach. No OTAs.

If it were me, I'd take them both into camp & see what I got. Personally if either guy was as bad as some have been claiming here, I would have cut one of them & cleared space for my 2nd round rookie. But since both of them took a healthy amount of snaps & my 2nd rounder rode the bench all year, I'm thinking both J.A. & Kj exceeded expectations.

However, because Kj is younger & signed to a longer contract & because we did draft a guy in the second round, & because Jason Allen is a Free Agent, & because we obviously don't know how to manage the cap..... Allen's gotta go.

& that Kj/JA sharing time (imo) tells the rest of the team that if you do your job in practice, in the gym, in the meeting rooms, you'll get to play. Because most teams don't swap CBs out like we did with those two. But I think that really fed into the next man up thing.
Old 06-05-2012   #46
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

BTW, I've never posted anything bad about Rackers, or were you to lazy to look it up?

See this is an example of how to attack the post but not the poster. No need to get personel. Life happens to be quite good right now, sorry to disappoint you.
You are correct, I should not have gotten personal, just tired of the KJ bashing. He's getting better. Also, I didn't specifically say YOU posted anything bad about Rackers. Again, my appology for the personal assault.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read