Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2012   #41
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 11677 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Justin Forsett announces via twitter that he's signing with the Texans.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #42
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB Justin Forsett will tryout for HOU

This is good. Good signing that will make sure we got 3 good RBs and I'm guessing now that Ward will not be re-signed.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #43
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB Justin Forsett will tryout for HOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Accept Gary demands his backs be competent blockers .... my 6 year old daughter can block as well as this dude.
I accept your opinion on this situation. I haven't really seen enough of him to make that call. But I will say that I've found statements on both sides of the fence.......some call him a capable pass blocker.......others put him in your "6 year old daugher" categorie. I guess now we'll all get to see how it shakes out.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #44
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: RB Justin Forsett will tryout for HOU (signs june 2)

If Justin Forsett ever gets on the field to actually block then that means Foster or Tate is hurt and we're in trouble anyway.
Old 06-03-2012   #45
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If Justin Forsett ever gets on the field to actually block then that means Foster or Tate is hurt and we're in trouble anyway.
Isn't that what we used to say about Leinart last season, that if we were gonna rely on him then we were screwed anyway? Well I think we all remember how that went, so I would prefer to have trust in every last man on the roster
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I understand everyone on our team should be well rounded & able to contribute on every play.

But Justin Forsett, to me, can be a helluva weapon if we focus on what he does well, & not try to square peg him. He's a baller, & while he might not be Darren Sproles, I think he can contribute in that way, with a creative offensive mind.

We all know that Foster is the complete package. When he's got to take a breather, Tate comes in & does his thang.... which is only a fraction of what Foster gives us..... so far, Tate looks one dimensional to me.

Forsett would be an option to bring those other attributes that Foster gives us, that Tate does not.
Old 06-03-2012   #47
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I understand everyone on our team should be well rounded & able to contribute on every play.

But Justin Forsett, to me, can be a helluva weapon if we focus on what he does well, & not try to square peg him. He's a baller, & while he might not be Darren Sproles, I think he can contribute in that way, with a creative offensive mind.

We all know that Foster is the complete package. When he's got to take a breather, Tate comes in & does his thang.... which is only a fraction of what Foster gives us..... so far, Tate looks one dimensional to me.

Forsett would be an option to bring those other attributes that Foster gives us, that Tate does not.

I agree definitely. If the dude was a complete running back than he wouldn't be our 3rd option and likely on someone else's team making alot of money. But he's a speedy, change of pace back that can be dynamic for us if we use him correctly.
Old 06-03-2012   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Forsett with his build and running style kinda reminds me of ex-Oiler Allen Pinkett....not that this really means anything other than Pinkett wasn't like Lo White or Mike Rozier. The old Oiler backs were like a box of chocolates.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read