Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2012   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCR View Post
Here is a quote form Kubiak today, regarding the WRs:

“Flashes. They’re all what we thought they were. Getting a little fatigued right now. That bothers me. You’ve got to be able to run all day. (DeVier) Posey is out here pretty tired today. We’ve got to get those guys, condition-wise, to where they can do it all day long. But talent-wise, it’s exactly what we thought we were going to get.”

I know it preseson but kmoon you should be prepared...he's just losing his chances with Jean getting already first team reps.

Too early to tell and also we will see how Ruben Randle plays with NYG since Hakeem Nicks will be out 3 months. He will get the starting role and we will see if we miss out on him and made a huge mistake.
A few things to pick out of this post -

1 - Posey missed most of the season and now we're in the offseason .... you expect him to be in football shape ?

2 - Lestar Jean is more familiar with the Texans system , he knows the routes ... That gives him a distinct advantage from the get go.

3 - Randle may be "handed the starting role" For Now .... He may get more opportunities early but thats because he's not competing for playing time Vs two established veterans .... He's going to get that opportunity because of injury.
Randle's hands and route running do not compare favorably to those of Posey who is a very polished , smooth route runner. One is a one year wonder while the other put up good numbers in multiple seasons for the NCAA's most run heavy offense during that period.

Here's a quote from TC observing OTA's -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Posey I noticed a few times just because it looked like he had soft hands--looked very fluid catching the ball.
I had the opportunity to watch Posey in a Pre-Draft workout .... That was the first thing I noticed about him - His hands are fantastic.

Couple quotes from the mock draft forum -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im also high on DeVier Posey .... He has fantastic hands , great acceleration & change of direction. Tho not as big as some of the others at "only" 6'1" 210. I think he would fit well in the slot on this squad. I saw this guy doing some live drills and came away thoroughly impressed ....

Those two guy's would be my targets at the WR position in the 3rd to 4th rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Curious where you guy's have DeVier Posey from Ohio State ranked. Dont see him on anyone's list.

Has good size , speed and seperation ..... Could likely be had in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
The bold is why people are pissing and moaning about this pick .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read