Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-17-2012   #201
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: facebook posts by Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
JJ Watt's new look in 2012?

https://www.facebook.com/jjwatt1
DAMN! Just checked out JJ's page. The pic where he's standing next to Conner Barwin, I didn't realize he was THAT big! Damn!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #202
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Scary. Like a ring wraith in Lord of The Rings.

Coaches to their QBs: "Get off of the rooooads!!!!"
Old 05-17-2012   #203
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
DAMN! Just checked out JJ's page. The pic where he's standing next to Conner Barwin, I didn't realize he was THAT big! Damn!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012   #204
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Not facebook posts per se. I didn't see this anywhere else and thought it was cool:

Excited Rooks...
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012   #205
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Not facebook posts per se. I didn't see this anywhere else and thought it was cool:

Excited Rooks...
Cool. I don't twatter so thanks for posting TPN!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012   #206
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
JJ Watt's new look in 2012?

https://www.facebook.com/jjwatt1
Holy $h!t! JJ looks straight up scurry! The facemask is a bit much though, IMO. It looks like a truck grill.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012   #207
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Holy $h!t! JJ looks straight up scurry! The facemask is a bit much though, IMO. It looks like a truck grill.
It looks pretty much like the facemask Justin Tuck (and I think some other Giants) started wearing last season.

Here's an article that deals with why Tuck started wearing it.

LINK

I don't recall JJ having any sort of neck issue last season, but then again, if it reduces hands on the facemask, who cares. Then again, he hasn't actually said he's going to wear it - only raised it as a possibility.
Old 05-19-2012   #208
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool link CT.

I have no problem with him wearing it, if it does help. I'm just not fond of the way it looks.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012   #209
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Cool link CT.

I have no problem with him wearing it, if it does help. I'm just not fond of the way it looks.
why not that look is scary and badass. I would love for him to wear it.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #210
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Arian Foster

I know I'm getting old now, I typed "Sega", and my autocorrect replaced it with "swag".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #211
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116586 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont know where to post this but: can we get the Twitter feed on the main page updated? Slaton is still on it and also now so is Winston. Get the older ex guys removed and add Wade, Schaub, etc...
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #212
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I like JJ Watt's face mask, but only if he incorporates the Knight Rider car's red lights that snake back and forth.

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Old 05-20-2012   #213
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Excited Rooks...
Nice update TPN!!! I hope all the enthusiasm keeps up!!

Come on Football!!
Old 05-20-2012   #214
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I like JJ Watt's face mask, but only if he incorporates the Knight Rider car's red lights that snake back and forth.

Actually, he'd look more like a Cylon. (Which isn't a bad thing)

Old 05-20-2012   #215
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

unless he developed some kind of medical condition this off-season, he won't be allowed to wear a dark visor.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #216
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy Playbook! - @PSupernaw11

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #217
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Just whose helmet IS that??
Maybe it's just me but that don't look like our beloved Toro logo to me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #218
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Just whose helmet IS that??
Maybe it's just me but that don't look like our beloved Toro logo to me.
It's the Texans helmet. I looked at it long and hard, since you drew my attention to it, and I think what is happening is the lights are casting little reflections (bright spots) that make it look like a different logo on the side.

You can see that those reflections carry over, across the width of the helmet, repeating itself over and over. So the red part of the horn has what looks like white areas (as if it's another logo) but it's actually just the light reflection playing a trick on our eyes.

The logo on the side of our helmet is weird. The red horn is always near the face mask. In Watt's photo, the red horn is in the correct position on both sides of the helmet.

Remember, as well: The phone cameras being used...they're not rendering colors properly. We all saw the new uniforms (Chris Myers modeling the new unit a few weeks ago) and thought the jersey was a bad orange/red shade of red....when in fact the texans logo on the lockers was also a bad shade of orange/red too.

This explains why Watt's helmet looks black and not steel blue. And the light reflection on his helmet is distorting the helmet logo too. Short answer: The phone cameras do bad justice to displaying EVERYTHING in its proper color/context.
Old 05-21-2012   #219
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, GP. One of the two sides of that helmet should be showing a Steel Blue horn - I mean I should see SOME blue.... I don't see no steel blue. Phone cameras aren't that damn bad.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #220
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

I dunno, GP. One of the two sides of that helmet should be showing a Steel Blue horn. I don't see no steel blue. Phone cameras aren't that damn bad.
Nope. Our helmet has the red horn always to the front of the helmet.

You can't see the blue horn because it's too far back on the curvature of the helmet.

In addition, the logo is outlined with a white stroke, which is seen on the Watt helmet in this photo. So that checks out, as well.

Look at the Texans logo on the locker tag behind Watt's left shoulder. It's supposed to be Steel Blue but it's really, really dark (black). Phone cameras have a tough time rendering the actual shades of colors that are darker, such as the red and the blue of our logo.

We could send this to ESPN's UniWatch staff, but they would be embarrassed that we didn't figure it out for ourselves.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read