Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-11-2012   #81
JPPT1974
Merry Christmas

Rep Power: 1472 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Well it could had been for like a five-year extension or something. But Ravens seem to want to play it cautious with him for two-years and $7M. Not bad money though.
Old 05-11-2012   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Sig or Avatar bet? If I wasn't in EP (but that's going to change after this summer) I would make it a six pack.
I'm not much of a beer drinker anyway. We'll make it a sig bet, I'm sure FalseStart could come up with something worthy.
Old 05-13-2012   #83
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I was bored a few hours ago, and went over to the Ravens.com forums. I got some good laughs out of their fans responses to their team signing Jacoby.

Here is the thread, just in case some folks haven't seen it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum52
Ozzie, I don't ask for much from you, except to trade up for Floyd, but please dont make this move. He was our 12th... 13th man after you count the fans last year in the playoffs, we already have a fumbling special teamer/unused receiver in David Reed

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #84
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
some guys are late bloomers. Houston teams were known for giving away guys like Joe Morgan at age 25 because he hit .236 Many more examples, but that's sports.

I doubt Jacoby will become a star like Joe Morgan, but stuff happens.
A flying pig comes to mind.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #85
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Yes, hopefully by October when we play them.
How much fun would it be to see Braman light up Jacoby on a return? Or Cushing on a crossing route?
Old 05-14-2012   #86
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I was bored a few hours ago, and went over to the Ravens.com forums. I got some good laughs out of their fans responses to their team signing Jacoby.

Here is the thread, just in case some folks haven't seen it yet.
They should be happy. Their WR corps is weak.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #87
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
They should be happy. Their WR corps is weak.
The problem is that the Ravens are at or above the cap, and they have guys like Flacco and Ray Rice that need to be extended. Rice is currently under the franchise tag for the year, and they need to work out a long term deal with him, probably along the lines of what Foster got.

Any way you slice it, 2 years 7 million is too much for Jacoby.
Old 05-14-2012   #88
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The problem is that the Ravens are at or above the cap, and they have guys like Flacco and Ray Rice that need to be extended. Rice is currently under the franchise tag for the year, and they need to work out a long term deal with him, probably along the lines of what Foster got.

Any way you slice it, 2 years 7 million is too much for Jacoby.
Ravens are going to be in a tough situation with Joe Flacco. He's a capable starter, but I don't think he's proven he be the type of QB to put the team on his shoulders in crunch time often. Question they'll have to answer is do they want to pay that kind of cash for him?

I'm thinking this is why Jones managed to fleece Newsome. He's desperate to see FLacco take that next step or else....they're going to have to start over at QB. Of course I think there was much better options to improve your WR staff.

Getting something worked out with Rice is a no brainer. He IS the Ravens offense.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #89
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Ravens are going to be in a tough situation with Joe Flacco. He's a capable starter, but I don't think he's proven he be the type of QB to put the team on his shoulders in crunch time often. Question they'll have to answer is do they want to pay that kind of cash for him?

I'm thinking this is why Jones managed to fleece Newsome. He's desperate to see FLacco take that next step or else....they're going to have to start over at QB. Of course I think there was much better options to improve your WR staff.

Getting something worked out with Rice is a no brainer. He IS the Ravens offense.
I personally don't like Flacco that much as a QB, but great QBs are so difficult to find that when a team gets a good/decent QB like a Romo, Schaub or Flacco, they are better off sticking with them. Flacco is in the last year of his rookie deal, and he's scheduled to make about 8.8 million this year. He likely will get about 12-15 million a year (slightly more than Mark Sanchez money) with an extension, but that's a lot of money to tie up going forward. Money that may require letting players go. I think the Jacoby signing is a poor move on their part, as I don't think he's worth the money, nor do I think he will be a capable #3 WR in their offense. Their TEs Dickson and Pitta really shined last year and came up big, so much like the Texans, the #3 WR is a truly the 5th or 6th option in the passing game. 7 million is too much for a guy who will probably get 20-30 targets and be a punt returner.
Old 06-02-2012   #90
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On May 1, 2012, Jones was released by the Texans. He was subsequently signed by Baltimore and participated in his first OTA with the team this week. Jones, being one of the teams bigger free agent signings this off season, had the spotlight upon him in his first practice and seemed a bit shaky at times, dropping several passes from new quarterback Joe Flacco.

"Jacoby Jones had a rough day as far as catching the football," added RavensInsider Aaron Wilson.

WBALís Gerry Sandusky. "Jacoby Jones still has consistency issues catching."

It may just be a case of him pressing too hard in his first practice with his new team. Last season's rookie sensation Torrey Smith had a rough first training camp and preseason before he decided to light the world on fire. Jones, however has a track record from Houston of, well, not making the big plays when needed.

Of course the emphasis of why he was brought in is his return ability on special teams. So as long as he hold onto the ball there maybe he can play up to par of his slightly hefty contract.
http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...to-shaky-start
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #91
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jones, being one of the teams bigger free agent signings this off season, had the spotlight upon him in his first practice and seemed a bit shaky at times, dropping several passes from new quarterback Joe Flacco.

"Jacoby Jones had a rough day as far as catching the football," added RavensInsider Aaron Wilson.

WBALís Gerry Sandusky. "Jacoby Jones still has consistency issues catching."
Ravens scouting department:
Old 06-02-2012   #92
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Baltimore is the wrong place to be if you're a receiver that wants to get the ball.

Should be right up Jacoby's alley.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #93
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...

They're comparing Jacoby to a rookie...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #94
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm SHOCKED!

LMAO
Old 06-03-2012   #95
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still hoping for all the best for Jacoby.

But I did LOL when I read this.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #96
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm still hoping for all the best for Jacoby.

But I did LOL when I read this.
Well, I hear ya...but "You can crap in one hand and try to catch the football in the other...and see which one fills up first."
Old 06-03-2012   #97
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

But... But... Jacoby has potential for greatness. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #98
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course the emphasis of why he was brought in is his return ability on special teams.
I have never seen a better sideline-to-sideline punt returner.
Old 06-04-2012   #99
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ran into Vonta Leach yesterday while waiting for the valet at the Doubletree in NOLA. Let him know he's still welcome back in Houston, but Jacoby would have to stay in Baltimore. Which, in hindsight, was a really dumb thing to say, but I was working off a mean hangover and like 3 hours of sleep.

He then let's me know he's in town for JJ's football camp, and Jacoby bursts right through the door, jumps in their suburban and they take off. We were like 20 deep with the bachelor party group, so everyone got a kick out of it.

We also told the valet guy who it was and it was a good thing he didn't try to throw him the keys lol.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read