Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2012   #21
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans limiting Schaub in OTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I haven't seen too many golfers jumping up as they swing their clubs, or even lifting one foot to place all of their weight on one foot, or for that matter quickly falling back and setting, where that back foot might as well be carrying all or most of the weight......plus the inertia imposed by the fall back.

There admittedly may be some stress on Schaubs back foot when he golfs. But, assure it's a spit in the ocean compared to the expected stresses he will experience on the football field........that's not even taking into account the unexpected elephant that happens to increase some of those stresses.
I agree golfers don't go "jumping up as they swing their clubs" but the weight transfer is exactly where the X-Rays that you posted occur. Granted there's not another gorilla hanging on him while he's doing it but as Corrosion points out, there's a little bit there that should translate. Perhaps too insignificant to correlate but I think I would give somewhat of an indication.

Then again, I'm a Harley Doctor, not a people Doctor, so WTF do I know?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
No , its not near the same stress .... but it is showing that he can put stress on those bones / joints.

What I make of it - They will protect that foot as much as is reasonably possible between now and the start of the season .... when the score starts to matter.

Even participating in 7-7 drills , he's going to be making "football moves" and placing considerable stress on the injured foot. May not approach 100% of game day stress or speed but much like his golfing now - it shows he will be able to stress the foot.
Not arguing on either point.

On 7 on 7 drills, as you have already pointed out, moves will be subdued because there is no "immediacy" in evading the defense, and of course no contact. It will also be interesting how many of the drills will be from the shotgun, which is not all that unusual in OTA's, and would make the stresses markedly lesser. Also keep in mind, even if he does return in regular season, there is legitimate concern with the ligament giving way to repeated real-game stresses, thus dictating further intervention. Not trying to pee in anyone's cereal. Just trying to give some reality to the true challenges that he will have to overcome, not only in the near future, but over the long haul.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #23
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't expect to see 8 taking full reps, until about half way through TC. Take it slow, and let it heal properly, instead of trying to rush things. I'm cautiously optimistic, that he will be back week 1.

If not, I'm comfortable with TJ playing a few games. With a full offseason, OTAs, and mini camps, I expect he has to have improved some. He seems like a good guy, that's dedicated to learning, and getting better.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #24
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No disrespect to the op, but this isn't thread worthy. There is nothing new here.
Yeh I screwed up. I read the headline at work and didn't think about what they were saying. After a couple hours it came to me that this wasn't any different than what the Texans were putting out.

Sorry.......
Old 05-13-2012   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Yeh I screwed up. I read the headline at work and didn't think about what they were saying. After a couple hours it came to me that this wasn't any different than what the Texans were putting out.

Sorry.......
Well, it's generated some good golf conversation so there's always that
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I agree golfers don't go "jumping up as they swing their clubs" but the weight transfer is exactly where the X-Rays that you posted occur. Granted there's not another gorilla hanging on him while he's doing it but as Corrosion points out, there's a little bit there that should translate. Perhaps too insignificant to correlate but I think I would give somewhat of an indication.

Then again, I'm a Harley Doctor, not a people Doctor, so WTF do I know?

No, but golf should have that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read