Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-08-2012   #21
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
$3.5 million per year????

LMAO!

Wow. LOL. I love it when people think they can make three-day leftover scraps taste like gourmet food. Pretty dumb move, Ravens.

And that he signed with the team how baited him into coughing up the football in the playoff game just makes it all the more awesome.
Heck GP, I do it all the time with corn dog sticks and left over pizza crust!

You can't do that?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hmm... got me tinking, what does Baltimore know that we don't? They're becoming Houston North.
Allright already. Is it Houston East or Houston North?

Quit confusing me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #23
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
$3.5 million per year????

LMAO!

Wow. LOL. I love it when people think they can make three-day leftover scraps taste like gourmet food. Pretty dumb move, Ravens.

And that he signed with the team how baited him into coughing up the football in the playoff game just makes it all the more awesome.
Actually, you have no idea how this is going to work out for the Ravens and Jacoby. Plenty of players have had a poor start turn into a great career by moving on to a new team. I think I'll go with the Ravens GM's judgement on this one, over yours and the Texans.

What would really be "all the more awesome" is if Leach, Pollard and Jacoby each played a part in a win on October 21st. I'll be there!
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #24
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Actually, you have no idea how this is going to work out for the Ravens and Jacoby. Plenty of players have had a poor start turn into a great career by moving on to a new team. I think I'll go with the Ravens GM's judgement on this one, over yours and the Texans.

What would really be "all the more awesome" is if Leach, Pollard and Jacoby each played a part in a win on October 21st. I'll be there!
Jacoby's goose butter doesn't taste very good does it?
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #25
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Jacoby did not ever mature.....plain and simple. He had his chance last year when Dre went down....and he did not step it up..

He has issues and still has issues on and off the field.

I was pulling for Jacoby ....I have since the beginning....but even I saw the writing on the wall last season.

You cant wait on a guy forever. I personally thought he was gone before last season myself.

I really think his best years are behind him.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Somewhere on a phone in Baltimore, early 2012:

"Jacoby, look man...just muff a punt in the game...we don't care when or where...just muff one....and we'll sign you when Houston cuts you."
You are the King. And the tin hat, your crown.
Old 05-08-2012   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mrs. Jones

They should've left Jacoby in Baltimore after the playoff game. It would've saved time.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Jacoby's goose butter doesn't taste very good does it?
MSR

It must brainwash people.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You are the King. And the tin hat, your crown.
Old 05-08-2012   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@FakeSchefter....$7m deal is $100k for 2 yrs and $6.9m playoff bonus for previous playoff game vs Texans
LOL. Bob McNair needs to ask Goodell about the Ravens signing Jacoby Jones.
Old 05-09-2012   #31
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The best front office in the league brings Jones in for a road test. Maybe we kept him around for so long for a reason.
Old 05-09-2012   #32
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Then he puts up a 1600 yard season... Another Metta World Peace case.
I don't ever remember Artest being a weakness for the Rockets or any team of his, what are you referring to?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #33
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

You would think if anyone besides the Texans would know.....it would be the Ravens.

At this point, all I can guess is that Ray Lewis is hungry and requested a baby lamb.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #34
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Somewhere on a phone in Baltimore, early 2012:

"Jacoby, look man...just muff a punt in the game...we don't care when or where...just muff one....and we'll sign you when Houston cuts you."

BAM! Fumble.

Flash forward to mid-2012, somewhere in Baltimore:

"Ready to sign your deal? Welcome aboard!"

One extra win in the playoffs for 2 years of Jacoby.... Thats some bad front office work...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #35
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I am somewhat confused by the Ravens. But I will wait to see how the contract is structured before I blast them.

Jacoby was the worst route runner on the team last season. He was constantly having to adjust his position when he realized he was out of position. Which resulted in an incompletion.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby has plenty of faults, but I don't know if he was a bad route runner.

Unreliable hands, awkward, occasional bad decisions, didn't attack the ball consistently...Yeah...

Bad route runner? I can't really say that. All I know is that he got open quite a bit. Didn't always catch the ball or get a catchable ball, but he got open.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #37
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys realize we played the Ravens twice last year right?

Jacoby had his best overall game of the season the first time we played the Ravens. They probably remember how he twisted Ed Reed up and caught that long TD on them.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #38
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Jacoby had his best overall game of the season the first time we played the Ravens. They probably remember how he twisted Ed Reed up and caught that long TD on them.
Who is this implied for?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jacoby has plenty of faults, but I don't know if he was a bad route runner.

Unreliable hands, awkward, occasional bad decisions, didn't attack the ball consistently...Yeah...

Bad route runner? I can't really say that. All I know is that he got open quite a bit. Didn't always catch the ball or get a catchable ball, but he got open.
The route running has been my third biggest knock on him after his hands and his fumbling.

Our offense has a lot of timing throws where the QB has to let the ball go before the receiver gets to his spot. So the QB is just throwing to the spot. Jacoby got open but the problem was that he wasn't always getting to his spot. That's why so many more balls looked like they were underthrown or overthrown to him than to anyone else.

It made the QB look bad. You've got this WR sitting there wide open and the ball falls to his feet or sails over his head.

At least, that's the way it looked to me. Matt was never as inaccurate with any other receiver as he was throwing to Jacoby.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #40
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How dare you suggest such a thing, Jones' only act in his career was one playoff punt return fumble.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read