Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2012   #21
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What to Expect from Keshawn Martin and LaVon Brazill's Rookie Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well, Jacoby had 15 rec for about 150 yards as a rookie. Last season, Jacoby had more return yards than he had receiving yards. If Martin can get 100 yards receiving and be a good returner then I think his rookie season will be successful.

However, I think he will be a bigger part of the offense than that. McNair specifically said he wants to see Martin in the slot and see if his quickness can help us there. When the owner comes out and says something like that it leads me to believe that they expect him to be a regular contributor on game day.
I'm not so sure this is McNair's original thought. I believe that he's parroting what he's been told by Gary and Rick more likely than not. JMO of coarse.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
BleacherReport -- borrow facts from "real" journalists & paste into yet another BR blog.
Now if I can just find a way to do that and make money........
Old 05-07-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Keenum maybe could last on the PS, but I think someone would definitely snactch jones up when injuries start happening.

If anything, he'll have some mysterious injury that wasn't seen by many people and end up on IR for the season....
My understanding is DJ had a chunk removed from his posterior and may need a few games to recover from that injury.
Old 05-07-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm not so sure this is McNair's original thought. I believe that he's parroting what he's been told by Gary and Rick more likely than not. JMO of coarse.
That was my point.

I'm pretty sure when he was discussed amongst the staff that is the idea in mind they had for him. The Texans organization seems like a pretty unified front.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was my point.

I'm pretty sure when he was discussed amongst the staff that is the idea in mind they had for him. The Texans organization seems like a pretty unified front.
Might be seeing more 3-WR or even 4-WR sets?

AJ will occupy WR1, which is an every down position.

Right now it's fair to say KW has the WR2 spot...though we all agree he's more likely going to end up WR3 with Posey as WR2.

This leaves Martin at WR4 no matter how it's sliced. How much can a WR4 get into the game each week...maybe 4 or 5 plays or so? We currently run a lot of multiple TEs too.

I'd like to see Kubiak go and blow the minds of everyone and switch up our offense and run more of a spread out of the shotgun with Yates throwing to 4-WR sets. Utilize Yates' athleticism to locate targets or take off running if there's nothing there. Not full time, mind you, but throw in a series every now and then that's nothing but no-huddle 4-WR sets and Foster or Tate in the backfield.
Old 05-07-2012   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Might be seeing more 3-WR or even 4-WR sets?

AJ will occupy WR1, which is an every down position.

Right now it's fair to say KW has the WR2 spot...though we all agree he's more likely going to end up WR3 with Posey as WR2.

This leaves Martin at WR4 no matter how it's sliced. How much can a WR4 get into the game each week...maybe 4 or 5 plays or so? We currently run a lot of multiple TEs too.
I think KW's snaps are going to be reduced this season. I think there will be times when Posey, Dre and Martin will be on the field together and I also think that we will look to give Andre a few more plays off to try to keep him healthy.

KW will still be #2 IMO, but I think we will see more of a rotation with the WR's IF they can step up and demand more playing time which is what I'm thinking the staff is hoping.

Quote:
I'd like to see Kubiak go and blow the minds of everyone and switch up our offense and run more of a spread out of the shotgun with Yates throwing to 4-WR sets. Utilize Yates' athleticism to locate targets or take off running if there's nothing there. Not full time, mind you, but throw in a series every now and then that's nothing but no-huddle 4-WR sets and Foster or Tate in the backfield.
I love our offense and don't want to see it changed that drastically. I'd like to see more wrinkles like what you mentioned with Tate and Foster in the back-field together but I don't want to see us get away from the tight formations, under center, the bootlegs and such. I love this offense. It's an offense that I'm pretty familar with and I know that it makes everyones job a little bit easier. Every play is almost like a puzzle piece that fits together to form a picture. Except the offense has a cheat sheet to where each piece fits and the defense is staring at 5,000 pieces all laying about.

I wouldn't mind seeing us spread it out more like we used to do in past every now and then though, and just depending on match ups and what is successful.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #27
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
What? Has that happened before?

Yep, I think it was last or a year before with one of our OL on PS. Can't recall his name.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #28
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I think he's gonna be awesome so suck on them bananas.

Expert analysis lol...Martin's got speed and better hands than Jones. Those numbers sound pretty gloomy but Jones was all athlete no brains. I think Martin's got the football savvy to match the athleticism. Michigan St. ain't no Lane College either...

Plus, I'm stoked that a I nailed a draft pick. And yes, I do see that as good karma!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Yep, I think it was last or a year before with one of our OL on PS. Can't recall his name.

Go Texans!!!
It happened to LeStar Jean AND Trindon Holliday too. Sneaky little injuries

It's a tradition.
Old 05-08-2012   #30
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Posey and Martin to contribute to the offense, but I'm not going to be surprised they both produce less than Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels. I will say that after 3 years They will both probably be on the 53 man roster.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read