Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2012   #221
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
You gotta remember though, that was back in 04. Our fan base then was no where near what it is now. IMO of course. I think Reliant will be packed with Texan fans with a fair amount of packer fans
Did you see the Steelers game last year? We were seriously close to 50/50...and that's in the Bull Pen!
Old 04-18-2012   #222
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well winning all the time does bring alot of fan bases and the steelers and packers are pretty much the ideal way to build your ball club model to go buy
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #223
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Miami at home. Saw it in a dream i had lat week so it must be true.
Rep this man right now!

Made the prediction before the schedule was even released!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #224
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Hummmm! I've never quite understood this way of thinking, but, to each his own. This is one reason Texan fans should not biatch so much about the number of Cowboy fans that show up at games, esp when we play them. Once a Cowboy fan always a Cowboy fan, and fans of other teams obviously are not willing to change.

I've been a NINER fan since I was a kid, won lots of money off my brothers who HATED them, but, I will NEVER pull for them when they play the TEXANS! Any other time, YES, I want them to kick ass, but, NEVER when they play us.
I just think it says that BullBlitz isn't primarily a Texan fan. He's primarily a Packer fan. We're probably his #2 or #3 favorite team.

And that's OK.

I'm a Texan fan first and I think most of us are. (Although there are a couple of Cowboy fans here.) But I have other teams that I like. I lived in eastern Pennsylvania for awhile and became an Eagle fan while I was there but they're not my primary team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #225
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: 2012 Schedule

I was hoping to make it down for a game this year, but this schedule doesn't work out too well for me. Maybe Tennessee or Baltimore. Hope I can make it, though. OTOH, the schedule looks good for the team, except for that stretch on the road late. As long as they get off to a good start
Old 04-19-2012   #226
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm curious how we managed to get Denver. We don't play anyone else from the AFC West. NFL Network already talked about Denver going 0-2, why not 0-3 since they have to play us?

Anyonelse think Manning asked for this game and the NFL is going to do alot to oblige him?
Oh my God
Old 04-19-2012   #227
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright everyone. Sorry if I don't know the exact formula for how they come up with the games.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #228
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Alright everyone. Sorry if I don't know the exact formula for how they come up with the games.
Hey, I was buying into it. Then again, I'm a conspiracy theory fan.

Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #229
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Peyton Manning is so smart...he saw into the future and knew he'd be with the Broncos and that the Texans would play the Broncos in 2012.

Peyton is a cyborg from the future. I am convinced of it, like Vinnie said.
Old 04-19-2012   #230
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We better be happy with our schedule, it could be worst. Jgl35 (John) told me the Ravens have 4 games in 17 days to start the season. Man, that would suck. Seems like poor planning to me, and I would be ticked off if I was a Raven Coach, or player. NOT that I have any love for the blackbirds, BUT, that's still rough.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #231
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We better be happy with our schedule, it could be worst. Jgl35 (John) told me the Ravens have 4 games in 17 days to start the season. Man, that would suck. Seems like poor planning to me, and I would be ticked off if I was a Raven Coach, or player. NOT that I have any love for the blackbirds, BUT, that's still rough.
There's no way that's right.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #232
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
yep, it is...http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Schedule.aspx
Old 04-19-2012   #233
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
They open at home on MNF on Sept 10th
Eagles on Sunday 9/16
SNF against the Pats on 9/23
Come back on Thurs 9/27 and play the Browns.

4 games in 17 days. BUT, after looking at it, the 4 days between the Pats and Browns is the only tough stretch.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #234
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 67743 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
yeah but one game is vs the Browns so does that really count?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #235
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Eagles on Sunday 9/16

4 games in 17 days. BUT, after looking at it, the 4 days between the Pats and Browns is the only tough stretch.
Wow, that sucks for them
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #236
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

3 of the 4 are at home with a trip to Philly on 5 days rest, one day less than normal. Hell they could take a cab.

Cleveland at home on 4 days rest...

and Heath Shuler points out:

Quote:
yeah but one game is vs the Browns so does that really count?
Sounds a lot worse than it is I think.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #237
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Eagles on Sunday 9/16

Except for week seven-teen there will be a Thursday game every week of the season. The Packers-Bears will open the season with two games in four days since they play Thursday in week two. The Panthers will play three games in eleven days. Nothing really looks out of the norm with the Ravens schedule except that they play their first game on MNF.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #238
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Strength of schedule is a bunch of hogwash, imo. Subtract the Colts record and it jumps us near the middle. I'm pretty sure the Bears would've won a few more with Cutler. IMO, this schedule's pretty tough.
While this may be true, this will be the first time Gary Kubiak's Texans have started the season with a S.O.S. below .500

Expectations are going to be up..... even higher than they normally are for the Texans. 2011, I think we lived up to our expectations, but we had a lot of help, Peyton Manning, Blaine Gabbert, the Browns, Blaine Gabbert, CJ2ypc. Even with everything we had to deal with, more things "fell" our way than not.

It's April & we're looking at a schedule we should dominate. That wasn't the case 12 months ago. It's now time to see how this organization performs against those expectations.
Old 05-06-2012   #239
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-W
Tennessee-L
@New York-W
Green Bay-L
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-W
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-L
@Tennessee-W
@New England-L
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-W

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read