Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-04-2012   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Kelsay won't give up No. 90 to Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
When he chose Buffalo over New England it told me all I needed to know about Mario...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Oh come on now. We all know the only number Mario cares about is on his contract.
yep.

I do not have any animosity toward the player. I'm apathetic and indifferent about him.

That being said, he's not the second-coming of Bruce Smith, and the haters will be rejoicing when Bills fans realize this and turn on him as a result.

Mario will probably not care because he's been paid. Then he will have fun stuff to say about that little corner of paradise they call Buffalo.
Old 05-04-2012   #42
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 58527 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep.

I do not have any animosity toward the player. I'm apathetic and indifferent about him.

That being said, he's not the second-coming of Bruce Smith, and the haters will be rejoicing when Bills fans realize this and turn on him as a result.

Mario will probably not care because he's been paid. Then he will have fun stuff to say about that little corner of paradise they call Buffalo.
With a two year 'no injury clause' guaranteed contract on top of that. Mario's agent did a damn fine job for him I think. In regard of the money, isn't that what ALL the players are there for.

I'm not throwing rocks at Mario and hope he does well but I think his injury record precedes him. Will be an interesting season. Can't wait till they come to Reliant. I'm not a season ticket holder so I prolly won't be able to be there as I see those tickets upselling big time!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

deleted.
Old 05-05-2012   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
I suppose this is pointed at me and some others for saying get over it. but really, i'm not sucking the fun out of anything. this thread wasn't fun at all. it was childish and pointless. mario's not gonna read it, and he didn't do anything to deserve that type of reaction; no matter what he did or didn't accomplish on the field.

you can say it was just for fun, but mostly you just come off as jilted and super sour about something that he did or didn't do, and it's making this forum much less fun for people like me to read.

ps: please don't tell me to ignore posters or skip threads like this. I like to read what people have to write even if their views don't mesh with mine. this thread just doesn't fit that criteria. it's petty and pointless to act like that.
I posted what I posted because I don't like the way Mario ragged on the Texans, and on fellow Texans fans. I sort of get angry like that, and I don't forget it. I didn't forget it when Carr did it when he landed in Carolina and talked trash on us. I didn't care for it when Dunta did it. I didn't care for it when Mario did it. DeMeco, on the other hand, played very nice and I applauded him for going out on a good note with us Texans fans. Haven't heard Brisiel saying negative stuff about us, either. Even Winston was measuring his words. These guys were a part of us, but you get a sense of just how "with us" they were by their actions and words when they leave us.

As to why I think this IS a news story, and why I am entitled to have MY opinion on it, read below (that is, unless I am still ruining your message board experience):

Kelsay approached Mario because he knew Mario, at some point, was going to ask about #90. It's what players like Mario do when they re-locate--They ask for the number and they buy it off it's current owner. Especially the league's richest player, Mario Williams. So Kelsay got out in front of it and told Mario there's now way he would vacate the #90.

Do I enjoy that? Hell yes I enjoy it. Take your lecturing and go find someone who cares. And to any of the mods, I don't go pick fights with fellow members but when they pick a fight with me, I don't go crawling under a rock and hiding from it.

Do you want to discuss the topic or do you want to lecture me some more?
Old 05-05-2012   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
See, if Mario had actually said or done anything for which to poke at him regarding this story, I'd be fine with it. As it is, you're just manufacturing stuff wholecloth. Using the same quote as posted upthread, but with a different emphasis:

There's no story here. Nothing for which to poke at him, nothing to be upset with him about, and nothing to suggest that he's a bad guy. The entirety of Mario's involvement in this story is that he completely understood.

But hey, off-season .... have fun.
You know why Mario understood? Because a REAL leader, Kelsay, showed Mario he wasn't going to bow down to him. Plus, what is Mario going to do...tweet bad stuff about his new teammate in Buffalo? No, he only tweets stuff when he leaves the team and doesn't have to live with them anymore.

Mario is a tough talker when he knows he won't have to pay for his shenanigans. He's smart enough to know which group he can rag on and which group he better play nice with.

I'm actually glad that a player stood up for himself and didn't sell out to the new kid on the block. That IS a news story, IMO, because usually the big man on campus gets his way when he shows up and starts requesting his jersey number. It's how it historically goes down...except THIS time, and I l-o-v-e it. LOVE it.
Old 05-05-2012   #46
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

he still doesn't have a number

looking at their roster
numbers 90-99 are taken

number 50-59 are taken except
53 and 54

including Mario, they have 20 players without numbers right now(5 are DE/LB)

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html

with that said, I don't know when the last update was done on their page
they are showing 98 players on their roster
on a side note I also didn't know they had Mark Anderson either

I imagine money talks if Mario really wanted that jersey number
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #47
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

daaaaamn GP, you are mad bro. neg rep for being a sensitive sally lol? also, i'm not a loser . but c'mon man, don't get your feelings hurt so easily.

as for the topic at hand, this is a non-story, which is why it was pointless in the first place.

oh well, offseason plus hot equals ornery people, myself included. apologize for de-railing this thread.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #48
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Kelsay shouldnt give up his number. Kelsay is just as good a player as Mario anyway.

**** you, Mario. **** you in your dirty cornhole.
Yeah man, that 2 down linebacker is just as good as the all-pro DE Mario!

Old 05-06-2012   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149996 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah man, that 2 down linebacker is just as good as the all-pro DE Mario!

Quit badmouthin Demeco ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #50
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You know why Mario understood? Because a REAL leader, Kelsay, showed Mario he wasn't going to bow down to him. Plus, what is Mario going to do...tweet bad stuff about his new teammate in Buffalo? No, he only tweets stuff when he leaves the team and doesn't have to live with them anymore.

Mario is a tough talker when he knows he won't have to pay for his shenanigans. He's smart enough to know which group he can rag on and which group he better play nice with.

I'm actually glad that a player stood up for himself and didn't sell out to the new kid on the block. That IS a news story, IMO, because usually the big man on campus gets his way when he shows up and starts requesting his jersey number. It's how it historically goes down...except THIS time, and I l-o-v-e it. LOVE it.
LOL man ... you are WAY out there on a lot of stuff. You have fun with that, though. Go get your psych degree or something, so you can really have fun with it.
Old 05-22-2012   #51
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 6088 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

For those that care, MW chose #94.
Old 05-22-2012   #52
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
daaaaamn GP, you are mad bro. neg rep for being a sensitive sally lol? also, i'm not a loser . but c'mon man, don't get your feelings hurt so easily.

as for the topic at hand, this is a non-story, which is why it was pointless in the first place.

oh well, offseason plus hot equals ornery people, myself included. apologize for de-railing this thread.
Do you understand what is happening? It's NOT a non-story. Players routinely get their number, but Mario not only DIDN'T get his own number back...the guy wearing it flat out approached Mario and told him to not even ask for it.

So, uhh, yeah...for the 1,000th time: It's pretty awesome. It just happens that the one guy who had the trend bucked was Mario Williams. LOL. Apparently, not everyone in the NFL is impressed by Mario's hero status. And I find that to be delicious.

You don't seem to care, and so you're approach is to rag me for it. I think you got some stink on your hands while trying to clean up GP.
Old 05-22-2012   #53
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
For those that care, MW chose #94.
That's appropriate. I think he needs to aspire to have Antonio Smith's approach to every snap in an NFL game.
Old 05-22-2012   #54
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
LOL man ... you are WAY out there on a lot of stuff. You have fun with that, though. Go get your psych degree or something, so you can really have fun with it.
I get animated when it comes to people like Mario Williams. As a Texans fan, when he left and pretty much burned all bridges on his way out, I find it to be most awesome that Maria Williams not only didn't get his precious #90...he had the guy who wears #90 tell him "Don't even bother asking for it."

And Maria said "OK." LOL, that's the stuff of awesomeness for me. For the new billionaire Bill to be told to put his hand down and accept an answer of "No" even before being asked for the jersey number. I still chuckle when I think about it.

Old 05-22-2012   #55
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75189 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
He was a Texan then, he's playing for somebody else now... Times change. I wouldn't call it hate. He's just a guy on a team we have to play this season.
THis is the exact type of BS I'm talking about. Support the guy and act like he is a total bad ass as long as he is here. Argue that he needs to be resigned to where the organization spends all of this money on him and everything, but the minute that it does not happen, than all of a sudden the guy is a jerk, he was overrated, and Buffalo will now have them a horrible signing, and every other previous argument for the guy goes right out the window just like that.

That is not logical, it's not honest, and it damn sure isn't objective. It's just a run of the mill flip flop depending on which direction the wind blows. That's exactly why I refer to a lot of fans on here as homers, because they don't have any real opinions that they stand by. They just spout out whatever seems to be the popular opinion at the time.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #56
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
THis is the exact type of BS I'm talking about. Support the guy and act like he is a total bad ass as long as he is here. Argue that he needs to be resigned to where the organization spends all of this money on him and everything, but the minute that it does not happen, than all of a sudden the guy is a jerk, he was overrated, and Buffalo will now have them a horrible signing, and every other previous argument for the guy goes right out the window just like that.

That is not logical, it's not honest, and it damn sure isn't objective. It's just a run of the mill flip flop depending on which direction the wind blows. That's exactly why I refer to a lot of fans on here as homers, because they don't have any real opinions that they stand by. They just spout out whatever seems to be the popular opinion at the time.
Amen.
Old 05-23-2012   #57
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I get animated when it comes to people like Mario Williams. As a Texans fan, when he left and pretty much burned all bridges on his way out ...
How did he burn bridges? Did he say something about your Mom that I missed or something?

Quote:
... I find it to be most awesome that Maria Williams not only didn't get his precious #90...
Precious? Where do you get the idea that it was precious? From the article, I got the impression that it wasn't that big a deal to Mario. He just kind of shrugged and said that's cool. You got some special psychological insight into this?
Old 05-23-2012   #58
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 229246 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Precious? Where do you get the idea that it was precious? From the article, I got the impression that it wasn't that big a deal to Mario. He just kind of shrugged and said that's cool. You got some special psychological insight into this?
Seriously? - you have been around here too long for this question. GP looks at something consults his ouiji board, looks into his crystal ball, murders a chicken to consult its entrails, shakes his magic 8 ball, plays solitaire with his tarot cards and then spews forth eight paragraphs of his divination of the intentions of others. That's his gig.
Old 05-23-2012   #59
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 6088 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How did he burn bridges? Did he say something about your Mom that I missed or something?

No offense intended to GP, but he is our resident tin foil hat guy. Man has an imagination. Interesting to read though.
Old 05-23-2012   #60
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Williams only impressed me a few times really while in Houston, despite getting paid all too well and presumed to be a hero, and I do find it humorous that somebody told him to forget about getting his number. I think there is some truth to the idea that he takes plays off (although it's not the main problem, I think) and his quickness off the ball is just not good enough for a 4-3, weak-side rusher.

To give him credit though, he basically shuts down the run on his side of the field, but that's not what a weak-side DE is really for and he was overpaid to be something he just is not (most of the time), which is a weak-side, 4-3 get-to-the-QB-in-a-hurry DE. Far as the 3-4 OLB thing, I think he was headed to be impressive, but so are guys without all the hype (and price-tag)...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read