Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-02-2012   #61
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are we do certain some other team is going to sign our UDFA QB? That means they cannot PS him and he's on their roster all year.

Don't see the logic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #62
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Why are we do certain some other team is going to sign our UDFA QB? That means they cannot PS him and he's on their roster all year.

Not all year I don't think. I believe it's for a shorter period of time.

That said, I think some team that is doing bad and has maybe had some injuries at qb would take a chance on Keenum.

I felt like we could have put yates on the ps last season, but I'm glad we didn't expose him to being snatched up. Even though I believe he'd have still been there when we needed him.

Kubiak has grown into carrying three qb's on the roster. Yates is the new leinart and Keenum is the new Yates.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can we start next season with Schaub, Yates and Keenum at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm sorry, but I think the Texans did themselves a great disservice by not drafting a QB because there is a HUGE chance that Schaub may not ever return from his Lisfranc injury...

Don't get me wrong, I like Yates and I love the fact that the Texans signed Keenum, but neither one are ready to take this team where we need to go in the event that Schaub can't go.
And who would you suggest that they drafted?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #64
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Until I see Schaub in uniform and throwing the ball, I'm thinking Yates will be starting the year. I'd much rather have Schaub healthy and starting, Yates backing up and Case learning. That would be ideal. But I'm just not convinced yet Schaub is coming back on time.

If that happens, Kubes will stick with Yates and bring in a veteran backup from somewhere, leaving Case still 3rd string and learning.
Exactly where I'm at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
And you know this how ?

They made no attempt to shore up the position behind Schaub and Yates via draft or FA to this point. That should tell you something ....
It tells me that they're very confident in Yates (understandably). We'll still see another vet in camp, bank on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenGreek View Post
I just want to know why so many people are certain Schaub won't start the year. From what I've read, he is expected to be back for training camp. If he is unable to return, I have no problem with Yates filling in until Schaub is ready.
A couple of reasons:
1) A doctor on here I trust with my life states the timeframe they're promoting isn't all that likely.

2) The Texans doctors haven't given me much hope when dealing with/predicting recovery from MAJOR injuries. (Boselli, Joppru, Putzier, Spencer...the list goes on)

3) The Texans feel ZERO need to "rush" him back. I think they're really comfortable with Yates starting the season if need be.
Old 05-02-2012   #65
Lucky

Rep Power: 99011 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Ryan Leaf.
Mr. Leaf will not be available.

Signed,
Texas Department of Corrections

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
If Grossman gets cut would you guys like him here in Houston again as a back up?

Never mind he just resign on saturday.
3/17/2012: Signed a one-year, $1.3 million contract
If Grossman were to get cut prior to the opener, I would sign him as the #3. I would also consider bringing in Beck to compete with Keenum for #3. I think Kubiak is a better developer of QBs than the Shannys. But, it will not surprise me to see Keenum win the #3 job outright in camp and force himself on the roster. I would just like to see a vet brought in for competition sake.
Old 05-02-2012   #66
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And who would you suggest that they drafted?
Vince Young!!!

Seriously? A similar QB to Yates... What's wrong with having Yates, Keenum and QB "XXXX" in your stable? Not sayin', just sayin'!! Maybe even signing a vet for camp fodder?
Old 05-03-2012   #67
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Vince Young!!!

Seriously? A similar QB to Yates... What's wrong with having Yates, Keenum and QB "XXXX" in your stable? Not sayin', just sayin'!! Maybe even signing a vet for camp fodder?
Well, if the Texans wanted to draft a QB that has the experience level of Yates, they had to take Russell Wilson.
Wilson was drafted one slot ahead of Brandon Brooks, so actually, we would have to take Wilson in Posier's slot.
(That means Jacoby stays, ouch!)

Wilson played in the WCO at NC St and in a pro-style offense at Wisc (with many similarities to the WCO, but they block man instead of zone).
At any rate, Wilson qualifies, but he's even shorter than Keenum.

Or they can take Kirk Cousins who ran the WCO at Mich St. (that's why Shanahan took him 3 spots after we took Ben Jones - Cousins is an insurance policy for RGIII.)
The Texans will have to take him in Ben Jones' slot.
Thing is, Cousins didn't play as well as Yates did (his Senior year) - always arguably, but that's how I saw it.
And now Yates is a year ahead of Cousins in the Texans system (which UNC copied more so than Mich. St.)
So Cousins isn't an upgrade over Yates (at least in the short term).

Personally, I can accomodate you if I'm Rick Smith.
I would take Wilson, foregoing Posier, keeping Jacoby (but not allowing him on the return unit - let K.Martin take over that duty).
Then I will also take Cousins and sell him to Kubiak's former boss for a profit.
The two teams ahead of Wash don't neet a Center, so we make Shanahan take Ben Jones and trade Cousins to Wash for B. Jones and a 7th rounder or a future 6th

All kidding aside, if I can cherry pick the draft, I would have taken Wilson and Keenum. Either one of them can make the receivers look good.
Both of them, IMHO, are better QB than Yates.
The only thing Yates has that they don't have is the size, nothing else.

In short, if we were to take another QB, we most likely have to keep Jacoby.
We can settle for another WR, but we would lose a good prospect on the O-line.
It's a tough job being a GM.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #68
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I think Schaub will be ready by TC rolls around.

If he doesn't recover by then, then I would call Jake Delhomme again. He played well in the last game against the Titans, so I have no problem with him being the 3rd QB. If Schaub is fine though, I wouldn't mind letting Case Keenum being the 3rd QB.
Old 05-03-2012   #69
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

Before making it onto our practice squad, a player has to clear waivers. I think (and I'm still googling this) that said player does not have to go onto the 53-man squad at that point.

However, if our guy, say Keenum, makes it thru waivers and onto our P/S, then he can be signed to any other team but must count against their 53-man roster for a minimum of three weeks.

Oh and no signing guys off practice squads right before you play his former team; moves that involve signing players off your next opponent must be completed at least six days prior to that game.
Old 05-03-2012   #70
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I think Schaub will be ready by TC rolls around.

If he doesn't recover by then, then I would call Jake Delhomme again. He played well in the last game against the Titans, so I have no problem with him being the 3rd QB. If Schaub is fine though, I wouldn't mind letting Case Keenum being the 3rd QB.
Delhomme has made it pretty clear he is retired.

No way Schaub is ready by training camp. If he was 100% by mid-season it would be impressive.

Right now Yates is #1 and Case #2 until we sign a back-up.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #71
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Mr. Leaf will not be available.

Signed,
Texas Department of Corrections

If Grossman were to get cut prior to the opener, I would sign him as the #3. I would also consider bringing in Beck to compete with Keenum for #3. I think Kubiak is a better developer of QBs than the Shannys. But, it will not surprise me to see Keenum win the #3 job outright in camp and force himself on the roster. I would just like to see a vet brought in for competition sake.
According to Kubiak they are most likely to bring in another QB...they jut don't know whether it'll be an old guy or a young guy...

I'd imagine Delhomme is still in the roladex.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #72
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Delhomme has made it pretty clear he is retired.

No way Schaub is ready by training camp. If he was 100% by mid-season it would be impressive.

Right now Yates is #1 and Case #2 until we sign a back-up.
I haven't seen anything on Delhomme being retired for sure? Is there an article that I missed or something?
Old 05-03-2012   #73
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I haven't seen anything on Delhomme being retired for sure? Is there an article that I missed or something?
I think he mentioned going back to retirement after the Ravens game.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #74
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveslaton20 View Post
i haven't seen anything on delhomme being retired for sure? Is there an article that i missed or something?
fwiw.

Quote:
nick scurfield ‏ @nickscurfield
qb jake delhomme, who turned 37 last week, all but said he's retiring in the #texans locker room today
11:09 am - 16 jan 12 via web · embed this tweet
Quote:
delhomme leaning toward retirement after stint with texans
nfl.com
published: Jan. 16, 2012 at 01:34 p.m.
Updated: Jan. 16, 2012 at 04:32 p.m.

Houston texans quarterback jake delhomme isn't ready to say he's officially retiring, but the 14-year veteran admits his playing career is likely over after sunday's season-ending 20-13 loss to the baltimore ravens.

"i'm being very realistic," delhomme told the houston chronicle on monday. "i turned 37 last week. I'm not moving my family. I'm (not) going somewhere to start over. This kind of fell into my lap, so to speak."

delhomme joined the texans on nov. 29 after the team worked out several veterans to provide depth at quarterback. Matt schaub and matt leinart both suffered season-ending injuries, forcing rookie t.j. Yates into the starting lineup.

Though delhomme didn't reach a decision after the game, he said he would have no trouble calling it a career after this season.

"you never want to say never," delhomme said. "but ... To come to a place like this, where everybody's on the same page, to see the way these guys work, it's been great. If i've left this game, i've left it on a high note."

delhomme's lone appearance of the season came during a 23-22 loss to the tennessee titans in the regular-season finale. His last play of the season -- and possibly his career -- was a 5-yard touchdown pass to bryant johnson.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #75
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

well.... crap

Jake's retired.
HotTubBoy has signed with the Raiders...
Garcia (and his hottie wife) is still out there I guess

I'd feel better with a vet helping to groom/push Yates. Or am I the only one really uneasy going into the new season with all of 7-1/2 games of NFL experience behind Schaub??
Old 05-04-2012   #76
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
well.... crap

Jake's retired.
HotTubBoy has signed with the Raiders...
Garcia (and his hottie wife) is still out there I guess

I'd feel better with a vet helping to groom/push Yates. Or am I the only one really uneasy going into the new season with all of 7-1/2 games of NFL experience behind Schaub??
I don't think you give Yates enough credit. But you're right about one thing, he ain't no Schaub. We need Schuab to come back. If Schaub is only late coming back, and misses some early games, we still have a shot at the SB. If not, well, I'm not optimistic about a super bowl season without him.

Stranger things have happened in the NFL though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #77
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't think you give Yates enough credit. But you're right about one thing, he ain't no Schaub. We need Schuab to come back. If Schaub is only late coming back, and misses some early games, we still have a shot at the SB. If not, well, I'm not optimistic about a super bowl season without him.

Stranger things have happened in the NFL though.
^^^

This.

Even though I think Yates has the stuff to be a great QB in this league, I don't think this year is a SB year without Schaub coming back healthy and tearing it up. I just don't expect Schaub to start the season. I think our first few games are going to be with Yates at the helm and I think Yates is going to play better than he did last season.

But we need Schaub.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #78
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think our first few games are going to be with Yates at the helm and I think Yates is going to play better than he did last season.
If that happens, which I agree it will, and we are winning ... why would you disrupt that to bring in Schaub? Who has proven himself to be injury prone, and isn't even signed past this year.

Just do not see that happening.

If Yates gets all the snaps in camp (which he will), develops a good chemistry with the team, and starts the year off well (which I believe he will), you don't mess with that .. you let it keep rolling.

People forget that Yates ran this system for four years under Butch Davis, so there is no systematic learning curve. The only thing Yates lacks and Matt has is experience with the players on this team ... on the field. He will get that in camp, and will come out a much more polished product than we witnessed last year when he was thrown to the wolves.

Folks do not give this kid enough credit for what he was able to accomplish last year, they just want to focus on his mistakes. He is a better athlete than Matt. More mobile, has a stronger arm, and in my opinion is more accurate (based on my contention that many of Matts completions come from receivers adjusting to over-thrown, under-thrown, or misplaced passes by Schaub).

I for one am excited to see what Yates can do this year. I think many of you will be surprised.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
If that happens, which I agree it will, and we are winning ... why would you disrupt that to bring in Schaub? Who has proven himself to be injury prone, and isn't even signed past this year.

Just do not see that happening.
Yates would have to be killing it and putting up Rodgers types of numbers to keep Schaub on the bench. I know you hate Schaub and you're always talking about how over-rated he is and everything but the guy led the league in passing a couple of years ago. He knows this offense and can run this offense much better than Yates can.

Quote:
If Yates gets all the snaps in camp (which he will), develops a good chemistry with the team, and starts the year off well (which I believe he will), you don't mess with that .. you let it keep rolling.
I don't expect him to play that lights out. He'd have to be having a phenomenal, Peyton-like year. I don't expect that to happen.

Quote:
People forget that Yates ran this system for four years under Butch Davis, so there is no systematic learning curve. The only thing Yates lacks and Matt has is experience with the players on this team ... on the field. He will get that in camp, and will come out a much more polished product than we witnessed last year when he was thrown to the wolves.
I am not forgetting that. And I expect him to be better. But I don't expect him to be borderline-elite. And I know you don't agree, but Schaub is borderline elite.

Quote:
Folks do not give this kid enough credit for what he was able to accomplish last year, they just want to focus on his mistakes. He is a better athlete than Matt. More mobile, has a stronger arm, and in my opinion is more accurate (based on my contention that many of Matts completions come from receivers adjusting to over-thrown, under-thrown, or misplaced passes by Schaub).

I for one am excited to see what Yates can do this year. I think many of you will be surprised.
I consider myself to be on the Yates bandwagon. I think he's got the potential to be better than Matt. I just don't see him being a better option than Matt this year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #80
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yates would have to be killing it and putting up Rodgers types of numbers to keep Schaub on the bench. I know you hate Schaub and you're always talking about how over-rated he is and everything but the guy led the league in passing a couple of years ago. He knows this offense and can run this offense much better than Yates can.

I don't expect him to play that lights out. He'd have to be having a phenomenal, Peyton-like year. I don't expect that to happen.

I am not forgetting that. And I expect him to be better. But I don't expect him to be borderline-elite. And I know you don't agree, but Schaub is borderline elite.

I consider myself to be on the Yates bandwagon. I think he's got the potential to be better than Matt. I just don't see him being a better option than Matt this year.
Agreed!

However, I'm one that believes Schaub will be ready by camp and will be the starter against Miami. I've heard nothing that would make me think otherwise.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read