Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-02-2012   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Jacoby Jones WR Depth Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You're not the only one hoping that.

And as for LeStar Jean and his supposed "shoulder injury", did anyone happen to see the play in which he was "supposedly" injured?

I'm just wondering if Kubes "stashed" him on IR to keep him from being picked up on waivers, but I have nothing to base that on.
Yes you do.

Kubiak has been doing that since he's gotten here.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I'd consider when it came down to it last season, they opted to try out Mason and Johnson late in the season as opposed to trying to promote the younger guys.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a guy like Johnson resigned while the others fight it out for the remaining spot(s). I just think Posey being drafted high gives him the inside track to stick. I didn't get to see any preseason action last yea, so I have no clue on the LeStar hype.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Bryant Johnson re-signed. I wouldn't be surprised for Kubiak to try to grab some other vet WR.

BUT...

Last year, he cut Mason with a few games left in the season and he brought up Maehl from the practice squad to take his place. So he did promote one of the younger guys last year at the expense of the younger guys. He couldn't promote Jean because Jean was lost to IR.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #43
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

what did we see from lestar though? one catch off a db who hasnt played in the reg season yet. i think we need to tone it down a bit.. a pro bowl WR??? calm down..
Old 05-02-2012   #44
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's a mix of French and English.
It means A Star or The Star.
I hope he's one, LOL!
hm... really ?
Old 05-02-2012   #45
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Bryant Johnson re-signed. I wouldn't be surprised for Kubiak to try to grab some other vet WR.

BUT...

Last year, he cut Mason with a few games left in the season and he brought up Maehl from the practice squad to take his place. So he did promote one of the younger guys last year at the expense of the younger guys. He couldn't promote Jean because Jean was lost to IR.
Good point, but I don't see it being his first call. I do think however, based off those two late season moves that they aren't likely going to sign someone who is going to push up the depth charts just like Mason or Johnson.

I just hope thismdoesn't end up like the disaster at cb that happpened when they let dunta walk and decided to go VERY young as well. Walter is going to be steady, but his drop off in production is going to push him to being a slot guy. He's physically much better suits for the spot anyway.

I really hope that either Posey or LeStar are ready to step in and produce in at least the #3 capacity. My other question is if Garrett Graham will be ready to step in where Dressen left off or do you think we look at adding another vet TE in the offseason? If Clark is healthy would you be opposed to bringing him in?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #46
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I think Lester will eventually become a Pro Bowl WR. He has the size and the speed, i would love to see him and AJ on the field next season.

Ridiculous homerism. Wow.
Quick II Draw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #47
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Good point, but I don't see it being his first call. I do think however, based off those two late season moves that they aren't likely going to sign someone who is going to push up the depth charts just like Mason or Johnson.

I just hope thismdoesn't end up like the disaster at cb that happpened when they let dunta walk and decided to go VERY young as well. Walter is going to be steady, but his drop off in production is going to push him to being a slot guy. He's physically much better suits for the spot anyway.

I really hope that either Posey or LeStar are ready to step in and produce in at least the #3 capacity. My other question is if Garrett Graham will be ready to step in where Dressen left off or do you think we look at adding another vet TE in the offseason? If Clark is healthy would you be opposed to bringing him in?
The thing that scares me about this is how reminiscent it is of the Kiddie Corners fiasco. There's just not a lot out there in FA. Braylon Edwards? Jabar Gaffney?

We've got to rely on at least 2 of these guys to step up. Or KW to rediscover his production from 4 years ago. That worries me. Especially if TJ is getting the playing time.

I don't know that GG is ready to step up. I expected something from him last year and, iirc, he had 1 catch all season. I think they've got to bring some FA TE in: Clark (if he's healthy), Shiancoe... (shudder) Shockey? This is why I expected us to pick up a TE in the draft: Fleener, Lardarius, or Hanna. Maybe one of the UDFAs can step up. Hell, maybe we can bring Dorin Dickerson back and play him at TE.

It just seems like we're expecting a lot from rooks and except for that Kiddie Corner thing, that's not Kubiak's normal MO.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #48
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone seen Lestar "Big Play" Jean's website? http://www.bigplayjean.com/

Big Play has a whole 2 more catches than BasketCase Jones hahaha.

As for why the Tony Hollings comparison...he was the hope. This diamond in the rough, we outsmarted everyone and it's going to pay off. Big Play made 2 plays in the preseason. Hollings did the same thing. I learned the first time around. Prove it on the field then I'll believe. Lots of preseason wonders that never do anything; see Tony Hollings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #49
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

1. AJ: It goes without saying.
2. KW: He's a starter and knows the system backwards and forwards

At this point, I think the rest of the spots are up for grabs. However, here is how I would do it.

3. Lestar Jean: Showed something in preseason. Had he been healthy he would have made the squad coming out of camp.

4. DeVier Posey. He was drafted in the third and was talked about highly, so he will get an opportunity to play.

5. Jeff Maehl: He actually got onto the squad in the later part of the season.

6. Keshawn Martin. He was drafted in the fourth and can be the kickoff/punt returner as well as play as a 6th WR. He is a bigger version of Trindon Holida

PS: Dwight Jones: He won't really get a chance since Jean, Posey, Maehl, and Martin will get the majority of reps in practice, camp, and preseason.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #50
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I need more data. So I will at least wait until OTAs and see who distinguishes himself.

Who knows, maybe one of the younguns will bump Walter down the depth chart....
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #51
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they hope to start Martin.

Quote:
I want to see Keshawn Martin in that slot position, see what he can do there, see if he can give us some quickness for those third down plays when itís third-and-six, third-and-five. - Bob McNair, yesterday
Old 05-03-2012   #52
kingh99

Quote:
LestAr. With an A. Lestar.

I have a feeling this is going to be like Kevin Walters.
It's pronounced La-Star John. He might be better off in Burlesque. I forgot about Devier. Dayum, we got us some Frenchies.
Old 05-03-2012   #53
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The thing that scares me about this is how reminiscent it is of the Kiddie Corners fiasco. There's just not a lot out there in FA. Braylon Edwards? Jabar Gaffney?

We've got to rely on at least 2 of these guys to step up. Or KW to rediscover his production from 4 years ago. That worries me. Especially if TJ is getting the playing time.

I don't know that GG is ready to step up. I expected something from him last year and, iirc, he had 1 catch all season. I think they've got to bring some FA TE in: Clark (if he's healthy), Shiancoe... (shudder) Shockey? This is why I expected us to pick up a TE in the draft: Fleener, Lardarius, or Hanna. Maybe one of the UDFAs can step up. Hell, maybe we can bring Dorin Dickerson back and play him at TE.

It just seems like we're expecting a lot from rooks and except for that Kiddie Corner thing, that's not Kubiak's normal MO.
I'm glad I am not to the only one who on one hand is really excited at the depth and talent we added to our WR corps, but on the other hand I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we added one more solid Vet to the group. Glad you also got the CB comparison as well.

If not at WR, I would like us to bring in a veteran TE, preferably a pass catching one as well. I'd really love to bring in Clark if he's healthy.

The offense clearly struggled at times last year without AJ, the good thing is we'll have a good ground game to rely on if nothing else. The fact that Dressen outproduced OD in the redzone concerns me as well. Though hopefully, OD will be 100% with a season under his belt after injuries.

I unlike others think KW will make the roster but, with a pretty significant drop in production the last couple of years....you've got to think even with the rooks in the mix the #2 spot will be up for grabs as well.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read