Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012   #1041
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go/**UPDATE**Released

Jersey that is almost a 100% "lock" is #80.

You know you're tempting fate by getting any other Texans jersey. #80 is the way to go.
Old 05-02-2012   #1042
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go/**UPDATE**RELEASED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
I thought I was the only one with this problem
I had 2 Williams and a Ryans jersey...ugh

Still have the 2 Fosters the 2 Johnsons and the Cush. Need a Watt and a Mercilus now I suppose.
Old 05-02-2012   #1043
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think #56 and #99 are gonna be staple jersey numbers in the future as well but you never know with these things. #23 has already secured his spot for a while at least, unless he really just tanked CJ2YPC style.
Old 05-02-2012   #1044
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dre View Post
This. According to McClain's tweet we lost $500k by not waiting to release him after June 1st. So must be trying to sign Gaffney.

In other news..
Gaffney signed with NE today!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #1045
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Maybe the new center Ben Jones will decide instead of a 50'-70's number he wants to be #12 to throw a bone to all of the Jacoby Jones jersey owners. Or maybe the UDFA Jones for NC will end up making the team and want to wear #12...you never know.
He's gonna wear 60.

They have the jersey numbers listed on the HT.com site.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #1046
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoopsy Daisy!!..............
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #1047
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go/**UPDATE**Released

The CFL draft takes place tomorrow... just saying...
Old 05-02-2012   #1048
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

You know you're tempting fate by getting any other Texans jersey. #80 is the way to go.
That's a great choice though I think #23, #56 & #99 at this point are pretty safe investments as well. At some point in time, they'll all be obsolete but I think it will be quite some time and probably wear longer than the awesome #80.

Edit: Didn't read down far enough, Ryan is speaking truth.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #1049
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post

TrapStar is probably dissapointed that I didn't post the full 'Pee Pee Tuck Dance'. There there TrapStar.

Neg. rep on so many levels... Let's get you back together man!!!

Why didn't you throw in a little:

Old 05-02-2012   #1050
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

here's how i found out, and my response; all via gmail chat...

Quote:
him: You finally got your wish.
me: they traded/fired jacoby?
him: Put him on waivers today.
me: finally
the texans board i go to is probably exploding from everyone posting their happiness
i kind of feel badly for him, because he is actually a good guy and a good teammate, he just sucks on the field
him: Ha
obviously he doesn't completely suck, and to a degree, i agree with his agent. jacoby has made things happen/helped kick-start the offense on more than one occasion. and he is one of only a handful of players where their mistakes completely over-shadow their successes, even if the successes were to out-number the mistakes. in our case, i would assume that comes from not having another very reliable receiver. yes, KW and OD can be solid, but they don't really fill-in/replace AJ. And since no one else can really replace AJ, that left JacJo as the default fill-in, setting expectations too high, too soon.

i'm sure people will disagree, but that's what i think.

and this is coming from someone who has wanted to see JacJo go for 4 years now. though, i'll readily admit, most of that animosity was purely reactionary and not logically based

anyway, the most important piece of this post is:

Not that you'll ever read this, but I wish you well Jacoby. I hope you find your fit in the next team you sign with, and I also hope that you're able to bring your game together and turn into a star player. Though, I also hope you don't make us eat crow for letting you go by helping to beat us in a post-season game
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1051
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think #56 and #99 are gonna be staple jersey numbers in the future as well but you never know with these things. #23 has already secured his spot for a while at least, unless he really just tanked CJ2YPC style.
I still say #80 has those guys beat.

Things can always change with 56, 99, and 23.

But 80? It's Texans forever, 100%. As in take-it-to-the-bank.

That was my reason for getting AJ's jersey several years ago. I thought long and hard about which jersey would have the best chance at "staying power." And it looks like he will be the Texans player with the longest history and the most remembered career here.

Sure, he might go play a final year for some scrub team...they all do that, it seems. But we all know he'd be back Jerry Rice style to sign and retire as a Texans. He will go into the HOF as a Texans player too. #80 is a Texans fan's best chance at staying power with a jersey.
Old 05-03-2012   #1052
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still say #80 has those guys beat.

Things can always change with 56, 99, and 23.

But 80? It's Texans forever, 100%. As in take-it-to-the-bank.

That was my reason for getting AJ's jersey several years ago. I thought long and hard about which jersey would have the best chance at "staying power." And it looks like he will be the Texans player with the longest history and the most remembered career here.

Sure, he might go play a final year for some scrub team...they all do that, it seems. But we all know he'd be back Jerry Rice style to sign and retire as a Texans. He will go into the HOF as a Texans player too. #80 is a Texans fan's best chance at staying power with a jersey.
GP, don't be scaird to get any of these numbers as well, for the same reason. I'd bet they ain't goin' anywhere either. Except up the record books.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1053
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the obsession with having "current" jerseys? That's foolish. Who cares. Yeah it sucks that a player might move on or get dealt or whatever, but think of it as a "museum" of sorts, and as proof to yourself that you've been with the team through thick and thin.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1054
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
What's the obsession with having "current" jerseys? That's foolish. Who cares. Yeah it sucks that a player might move on or get dealt or whatever, but think of it as a "museum" of sorts, and as proof to yourself that you've been with the team through thick and thin.
Do you wear the charm bracelet your first love gave you? What about a wedding band from an ex-spouse?

There's an emotional attachment to these thing. That's the obsession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1055
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

My battle red was a Mario jersey. Good thing that only comes around once a season.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1056
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

The moment he got taken in the third, specially from a small school his expectations were set by this staff. He was undoubtedly THEIR guy. Physically he has the tools to be a good #2, mentally it turns out, not so much. He just couldn't string it together on a regular basis.

I do hope a change of scenery and maybe being put in a spot where he doesn't "feel" fans expectations so heavily, allows him to develop into the best he can finally.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #1057
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree, fans will wear #80 jerseys long after he is done playing for us.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #1058
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Do you wear the charm bracelet your first love gave you? What about a wedding band from an ex-spouse?

There's an emotional attachment to these thing. That's the obsession.
Interestingly enough, my first real love gave me a customized Texans jersey with my FIRST name on the back. Who DOES that? I wore that every damn gameday through the 2010 season. Last year I decided I wouldn't wear it, and it was our best season yet.

Thinking I should burn it for good, hahaha.

But on another note, I have 3 or 4 Phoenix Suns jerseys and neither of the players play for the team anymore but I still wear them.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #1059
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Visiting Carolina.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...s-would-be-fit
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #1060
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I have my fingers crossed for him, scenery changes have helped lot's of guys throughout the years. I'm hoping that's the case for Jacoby.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read