Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-02-2012   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hebron "Loni" Fangupo, DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Watch this Combine VIDEO

Immobile??? No foot work??? RIIIIIIGHT!
Fixed link:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...Hebron-Fangupo
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
about time we try to get some samoans on this team.

He's actually of Haitian descent.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

My original link seems to be working fine for me?
Old 05-02-2012   #24
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's actually of Haitian descent.
???

He's from Tonga.

http://byucougars.com/m-football/heb...reason-success

I think you're thinking of Mercilus. ;-))
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My original link seems to be working fine for me?
Hmmm, takes me to this 4/10 news video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...pdate-April-10 ..... My internets must be broke?

I wuz thinkin' Fangupo wuz Tongan??? (About 6,370 miles SouthWest of here.)
Old 05-02-2012   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
???

He's from Tonga.

http://byucougars.com/m-football/heb...reason-success

I think you're thinking of Mercilus. ;-))
My bad....I WAS thinking of Mercilus

Haitian typically tall and thin
Old 05-02-2012   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hmmm, takes me to this 4/10 news video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...pdate-April-10 ..... My internets must be broke?

I wuz thinkin' Fangupo wuz Tongan??? (About 6,370 miles SouthWest of here.)
Check if you've picked up a DNS changer malware.
Old 05-02-2012   #28
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also did it to me. No malware here.
Old 05-02-2012   #29
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My bad....I WAS thinking of Mercilus

Haitian typically tall and thin
Haha! No worries.

Yeah, it's funny --- if the dude is almost as wide as he is tall, has a funny name, and attends either USC or BYU, he's very likely Tongan or Samoan.

Fangupo attended both of those schools, almost as if to underscore his heritage.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #30
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Ima thinking it be yer DNA that wuz infected wif Tupperware.
Old 05-02-2012   #31
ColdTexan17
Hall of Fame

He will make the 53
Old 05-02-2012   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Damn he looks impressive as hell. Why wasn't he drafted?

He has surprising burst and quickness off the snap.

I'm excited to see what he can do. Not only could he make the team, but he could push for playing time IMO.

I just don't know if 7 d linemen are going to make this team.
Age probably. I had him rated 5th round was stunned we got him UDFA. Seems like this would put an end to "Wade prefers lighter NT." No he has said he has been successful with both and played the hand he was dealt. I think we will see Cody moving on after his contract expires and have a rotation of Fangupo and Crick. We seem to be setting up players to train and then replace expiring vets to keep costs down.
Old 05-02-2012   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Also did it to me. No malware here.
Quote:
Had the link checked out by IT through 4 separate servers. The link is valid and working.

The problem has got to be on your end.
Old 05-02-2012   #34
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Age probably. I had him rated 5th round was stunned we got him UDFA. Seems like this would put an end to "Wade prefers lighter NT." No he has said he has been successful with both and played the hand he was dealt. I think we will see Cody moving on after his contract expires and have a rotation of Fangupo and Crick. We seem to be setting up players to train and then replace expiring vets to keep costs down.
I was thinking the same thing. It sounds like a good plan to me.
Crick and Fang could be a helluva rotation at NT.
Old 05-02-2012   #35
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think we will see Cody moving on after his contract expires and have a rotation of Fangupo and Crick.
Crick's only 280 lbs. Isn't that a bit small to rotate at NT? I can see him playing 3Tech in the nickel and dime (in rotation with Antonio and JJ) as well as the 5Tech on first down (in rotation with Antonio and JJ) but I don't think he has the ass to play NT.
Old 05-02-2012   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
Crick's only 280 lbs. Isn't that a bit small to rotate at NT? I can see him playing 3Tech in the nickel and dime (in rotation with Antonio and JJ) as well as the 5Tech on first down (in rotation with Antonio and JJ) but I don't think he has the ass to play NT.
Mitchell's current roster 6'3" 289. My ideal is for Fangupo to be used on obvious running plays and Crick to take the pass plays. Not sayig it is ideal but Mitchell was in on some good plays last season.
Old 05-02-2012   #37
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
about time we try to get some samoans on this team.
There used to be lots of Samoans around until Ron Dayne got cut and took them all with him.
Old 05-02-2012   #38
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mitchell's current roster 6'3" 289. My ideal is for Fangupo to be used on obvious running plays and Crick to take the pass plays. Not sayig it is ideal but Mitchell was in on some good plays last season.
Crick is not going to be playing NT.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #39
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Had the link checked out by IT through 4 separate servers. The link is valid and working.

The problem has got to be on your end.
The original link you posted takes you to nfl.com daily news. Are you sure the one you verified is the tied to "Combine Video"...??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #40
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

I read they used Mitchell in rotation at DE toward the end of the season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read