Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2012   #21
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Dwight Jones -UFA- Already a Texans Legend !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
We finally have a headcase receiver. NOW, we're a legit NFL franchise!
You sir are a genius! +rep
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #22
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
You sir are a genius! +rep
Thanks! But the real genius here is Dwight Jones. With one single interview, he has become the most interesting Texan ever. That kind of talent is hard to find in the UDFA pile.

In all seriousness though, I don't think he's crazy. Maybe he's a bit enthusiastic. I think he's right about him having a chance to become a great player like AJ is. I'm rooting for him because it would mean the Texans got the next Arian Foster.
Old 04-30-2012   #23
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Have the Texans ever had a player on the team who could be considered a distraction? I'm struggling to remember, maybe they've just been lucky, maybe its a mix of their character policy coupled with never having had much talent for people to start yapping about themselves about until recently. Might be interesting to get one!
Pay Me Rick is one that comes to mind. Although his first couple of years he was a solid player and team mate.
Old 04-30-2012   #24
zcity
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 zcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Thanks! But the real genius here is Dwight Jones. With one single interview, he has become the most interesting Texan ever. That kind of talent is hard to find in the UDFA pile.

In all seriousness though, I don't think he's crazy. Maybe he's a bit enthusiastic. I think he's right about him having a chance to become a great player like AJ is. I'm rooting for him because it would mean the Texans got the next Arian Foster.
Genius is exactly the noun I was looking for. Nice !!!

Just like Fly guy from I'm gonna get you sucka ... When he was like Shakespeare
zcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #25
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I get heartburn just reading about this guy.

He's definitely made a name for himself. I mean, other than Case Keenum...this Dwight Jones guy is all we're talking about. Sounds like he understands basic self-promotion and marketing techniques.

If he puts it all together, then so be it. I just think he's puffing himself up because he went undrafted and that's gotta' sting for a guy like him. Like he's talking himself up more for him than for anybody else.
I just got heartburn listening to him talk. Guy is talking like a pro bowl player when he has not even played a down of pro ball. The only thing he did was increase the amount of rookie hazing he will receive by 10 fold. Somebody is going take his keys and put dog poop in his new car, way to go Dwight!!!
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #26
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh he's a legend alright, in his own mind. I think OTA's and training camp will be a massive wake up call for D. Jones, it'll be a ***** slap into reality. He'll find out he's not what he thought he was and just how big a step he took into the NFL. Once he comes to grips with reality I expect him to be just fine and really look forward to seeing him in preseason. I hope he makes the active roster.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #27
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

If he really has talent, I'm worried that he'll turn out to be another TO rather than Andre Johnson with the way he is talking...
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #28
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
If he really has talent, I'm worried that he'll turn out to be another TO rather than Andre Johnson with the way he is talking...
I would welcome either with open arms. With enough guys like Cush, Watt, Smith, Joseph, Myers, Andre and Foster, I really don't see any way our locker room can ever unravel like TO's teams did. The best thing that could have happened to TO would have been to accept that trade to the Ravens. Ray Lewis and Reed would have kept him in line.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #29
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I would welcome either with open arms. With enough guys like Cush, Watt, Smith, Joseph, Myers, Andre and Foster, I really don't see any way our locker room can ever unravel like TO's teams did. The best thing that could have happened to TO would have been to accept that trade to the Ravens. Ray Lewis and Reed would have kept him in line.
That's why he didn't go. He was scared of them boys. I think Dwight will get straightened out here. Potential for a very good number two, and fill in number one if AJ is out (with Posey in the slot or at #2).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #30
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

does anyone have a link for the interview I'm really intrigued now
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #31
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

The commentator said that one play was the seventh longest in UNC history? They must not fling it around very much in the ACC.

That play would have been fairly typical in any one of the games played by Texas college teams, UH, A&M, Texas, Tech, Baylor, etc.

Not impressed..

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Here's video highlights of a game with TJ Yates throwing to Dwight Jones at UNC (I think it was two years ago).

7 catches for 198 yards and two TDs in this game.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #32
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
does anyone have a link for the interview I'm really intrigued now
just found it.

if anyone else needs it

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/...andre-johnson/
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Jones! Would you kindly peel my jock strap away from your nose and hand it back to me!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #34
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I just got heartburn listening to him talk. Guy is talking like a pro bowl player when he has not even played a down of pro ball. The only thing he did was increase the amount of rookie hazing he will receive by 10 fold. Somebody is going take his keys and put dog poop in his new car, way to go Dwight!!!
I couldnt understand a word he said ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read