Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012   #121
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft grade

After reading the bulk of this thread, I thought most of you may be able to use this.

http://www.vagisil.com/

Hope it gets better.
Old 04-30-2012   #122
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
day one B
day two C
day three ?
day three A
UDFA A

conclusion B+

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 04-30-2012   #123
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
Quick questions, It seems like every year we draft a few team captains. Did we draft any this year?
I seem to like this draft all the way to the end more than years past, I could see every pick making the team and contributing in the future, some faster than others of course. I am going to give it a big A. I like the big O-linemen we picked up for goaline situations and rotation, I think rotation on O-line is important in this era due to defensive rotations used much more than years past. The O-line needs rest to keep up with the energy, our smaller o-line actually seems to have good stamina compared to other teams that draft big hogs, but a few hogs for short yard situations is needed on this team. I have no clue about receivers and am just hoping they hit this time on at least one of them. I like half of y'all wanted a offensive play maker in the first but have warmed to the overall selections of the team............., can't wait for preseason to start, and hoping we can get past New England.
Ben Jones, Center, Georgia
Very important skill set for position. Must be a leader, Captain of the OL.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 04-30-2012   #124
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will give it a grade in 3 years, when we actually have facts to back up the grade.
Old 04-30-2012   #125
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I will give it a grade in 3 years, when we actually have facts to back up the grade.
Grades are stupid fun that's all

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 04-30-2012   #126
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
All you've done is talk trash.

And you didn't even know 6th round was our last round.

So basically you go around dumping on people more than talking football.

People like scouting, and ranking, and grading. Contribute or move along, it's really that simple.
On nos! I made a mistake, funny thing is I admitted it in the same thread. How horrible of me to forgett that our last pick was in the 6th round and not the 7th. I guess in your mind that negates any and everything else I have to say?

I cannot express the irony that you accussing me of dumping on people when you nearly lost yor mind dumping on Posey, Rick Smith, Kubiak, etc.

I've said a million ****ing times, and I guess I need to say it again. I get it that people like scouting, the draft and all that. My point of all last weekend was those that assume they know more than the NFL scouts are dillusional. LZ pointed out quite well how little information draftniks have compred to NFL teams. That info ranges from all-22 film to volume sof personel info. So when somebody throws one of the biggest wall-eyed fits in the history of the board over the Posey pick, I will call you on it. And by the way, that's talking football.

And once again, guess it's dump time; but I do not and will never understand the purpose of draft grades the Monday after the draft. I understand it even less when it is a proves fact that historically draft grades are one of the most inaccurate media inventions.
Old 05-09-2014   #127
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody want to revisit their grades?
Old 05-09-2014   #128
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Draft Grades, at this point, are just feelings. Nothing wrong with that.

The problem is thinking that a draft grade really reflects how good or bad a team performed during the draft. As long as you keep it in perspective, there's nothing wrong with it.

I feel good about this draft. They didn't draft some guys I expected but I've got no problems with what they drafted or who they drafted. I think we've got at least 2 guys that are going to be starters.

I think we're going to see some changes in our line. I don't think Caldwell ends up as a starter and I think Wade Smith might have lost his job, too.

I think our WR corps just got totally revamped with AJ the only one that keeps his job. I think we're also going to start to get some production from our UDFA WRs from last year.

I grade this a B+ draft.
After a couple of years, the jury is still out. Some guys could still step up and turn this into a pretty good haul.

To this point, I'd give it a C or a C-.

Mercilus has been playing but he hasn't been very productive. Devier Posey, again, still has some potential but was probably a big, huge mistake as was K-Mart.

OTOH, Brandon Brooks was a pretty good pick. Ben Jones and Jared Crick were OK. I expected more out of Crick.

And then there's Bullock. smh
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 05-09-2014   #129
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...s-and-analysis

Still early.

Mercy.
Posey.
brooks.
Jones.
Kmart.
Crick.
Bulloch.
Mondek.

I see brooks as a possible above average guard in a year or two. Ive seen flashes from Posey I liked. Average starter potential in jones and maybe crick down the line. Im still not ready to give up on mercy. Still early but clearly no hall of farmers here. Id give it a c+ to a b- because we still may get 3-4 starters out of this draft.
Old 05-09-2014   #130
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Appears I didn't give the draft a grade.

I'll get ahead of the pack and give the 2014 draft a B-. Hate what we did on day 3
Old 05-09-2014   #131
humblegeo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 humblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respected

Day 1: F
Didn't address primary need at quarterback position. Now the top three quarterbacks are gone. If they don't take a quarterback this year then use the #2 on the top running back in the draft. We have got to add some weapons to this pitiful offense of ours.
Old 05-09-2014   #132
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Psst.... this is a 2012 thread.

Note the thread revival post:
Quote:
Old 05-09-2014   #133
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Day 1: D

Did not get the trade down from the #1 pick, because we have ridiculous fantasies about how much that pick is worth when we didn't even really want anybody there. Did not get any one of the top 3 QBs out of this draft. Watched while Cleveland showed guts and took some risk, followed by more watching while Minnesota traded up to #32 and RAPED us. If we weren't going to take a chance on Manziel, and Bortles was long gone, we NEEDED Bridgewater...

Cannot give them an F when everybody wanted Clowney. Might've even been the right choice, but I don't like it for several reasons, and am now already waiting on the 2015 QB draft class....which will probably suck too for all I know.

Old 05-09-2014   #134
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Psst.... this is a 2012 thread.

Note the thread revival post:

Well, aren't we moving it up to the present?

Old 05-09-2014   #135
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

You can, but the post that brought it back from the dead was "anyone want to revisit their grade"
Old 05-09-2014   #136
HJam72
Hall of Fame

That's OK, whatever. I'm just not happy this morning.

Old 05-09-2014   #137
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

This is becoming the most unintentionally funny thread I've ever been a part of.

Yes this a revisit of 2012 draft grades.
Old 05-09-2014   #138
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This is becoming the most unintentionally funny thread I've ever been a part of.

Yes this a revisit of 2012 draft grades.
We know that. Doesn't mean it can't turn into this year's too. Doesn't really matter to me.

Old 05-09-2014   #139
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We know that. Doesn't mean it can't turn into this year's too. Doesn't really matter to me.
Let`s just start a new thread when the draft is finished... kinda easier to follow then. Plus I think it actually is interesting, if people want to change their vote after a couple of years.

Id give the 2012 years draft a B-, and that`s only because Im an optimist. You could argue, that no pick really worked out (still hopefull on Brooks, Jones, Mercilus and at least one of the WRs though).
Old 05-09-2014   #140
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Let`s just start a new thread when the draft is finished... kinda easier to follow then. Plus I think it actually is interesting, if people want to change their vote after a couple of years.

Id give the 2012 years draft a B-, and that`s only because Im an optimist. You could argue, that no pick really worked out (still hopefull on Brooks, Jones, Mercilus and at least one of the WRs though).
Probly a good idea. Hard to keep things organized right now.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read