Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2012   #101
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

If you compare Weeden and Keenum for example, from the time the ball is snapped (they both played basically out of the shotgun last year) to the time the ball leaves the hand of the QB on each different throw (whether it's a quick out, a slant, a swing pass, a deep out, a post, a corner route, whatever), Keenum got the ball out of there a whole lot sooner than Weeden - and he was still more accurate.
This is more about going through a progression & rhythm than release. When most people talk about release, the time starts from the motion to get the ball to the ready position to the time it is out of his hands.

A QB that holds the ball low... around chest level has to get the ball back behind his ear, then go through his forward motion. That takes time. A QB that holds the ball near his head should take less time.

Even if you have two QBs who hold the ball near the same position, one is naturally going to be faster than the other.

Then you have those guys with the big baseball wind-up...
Old 04-29-2012   #102
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That is actually the correct use of the past future precipitate tense!
I hope the Texans will win a few Super Bowls between now and the couple of million years it'll take for him to turn into a star.
Old 04-29-2012   #103
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think Case Keenum's biggest problem is the stigma of being a QB from UH and putting up huge numbers. Everyone looks at him and sees Ware and Klingler and remember how badly their NFL careers turned out.
It's not just the UH thing, it's the "system QB" thing.

I personally don't mind, it means that he knows how to make the most out of the system, that he truly understood what was going on.

He's going to be put in a system here in Houston that may be a bit different, but it's very QB friendly. If he can internalize the system like he did in UH, then we may have hit gold.

Brees makes the most of his system. He's got all the tools & he's a damn good athlete, but he'd be a second tier guy without that system.
Old 04-29-2012   #104
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad we got him. We had to get a QB from the refuse of the UDFA's anyway, might as well be him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #105
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Now we need a RB off UDFA too.
Davin Megget, RB. Dave Megget's son.

Dwight Jones, WR. A head-case BUT T.J. Yates' security blanket in college and a guy with 2nd round talent.

There are a couple of our other UDFAs.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #106
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 230 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

I was fortunate to see Case in action last season. I am a huge fan of this guy. I am really pulling for him to make the team and get a chance to prove himself. To me he is a champion for the ages, I am proud to say that I got to see him play. He is one of the top story lines that I will be following this season.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #107
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never seen a QB improve as much as Keenum did in his college career. He had a pretty serious shoulder injury in high school and he has worked extremly hard on improving his arm since then. If you look at film from 2008 and 2011 you will see how much better his arm has gotten. Does he have the arm that RGIII or Luck have no he doesn't ,but he did a good job this year of getting the ball downfield and hitting his WR's in stride.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #108
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

We saw this coming. Just think if we can turn into draft picks in the future.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #109
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Case Keenum on Jon Gruden's QB camp. I haven't finished watching it, but should be good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idM2PMsJL74

Enjoy!
Old 04-29-2012   #110
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Good Video, looking at all the film they watched i am even more impressed with Case than i was before !!!
Old 04-29-2012   #111
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Case Keenum on Jon Gruden's QB camp. I haven't finished watching it, but should be good!

Enjoy!
Cool video. Thanks!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #112
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Davin Megget, RB. Dave Megget's son.

Dwight Jones, WR. A head-case BUT T.J. Yates' security blanket in college and a guy with 2nd round talent.

There are a couple of our other UDFAs.
Isn't it cool to see second-generation NFL guys recently?

Jake Long.

Kellen Winslow, Jr.

Nick Toon.

The Manning brothers.

Davin Megget.

I'm sure I am forgetting some names, too. But it's just so freaking cool to see the kids of the guys I remember from watching when I was a young kid. It's like having Boomerang cartoon channel...getting to flash back to my youth.

I love it. Can't wait to see if the little Megget has the genes to do well with us.
Old 04-29-2012   #113
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Enjoy!
Great video. MSR
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #114
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

GP, I think you meant Chris Long (Ram DE and son of Howie). Jake is the LT for Miami.
Old 04-29-2012   #115
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great video. MSR
The throw he makes at the 7:09 mark of that video was freakishly awesome. If nobody has seen that play, go to that video and watch it at the 7:09 mark.

I mean, Keenum is the balls when it comes to improvising on a busted play. That's not teachable. He just knows how to do it. Go watch it. Now.
Old 04-29-2012   #116
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Enjoy!
Gruden QB camp to me is about the best reality show out there

thought I saw Dontari Poe breaking up the middle with his patented swim move in one of those clips

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #117
GP 
Go Texans!

If TJ can't do it, Next Man Up.

I like what I see. I like the quiet confidence he has, the ability to stand in the face of a blitz and make the right coverage read and get the ball to the place it has to be for the WR. He's making all sorts of calculations and reads and adjustments in a fraction of time.

This guy sticks with the Texans. I still think TJ starts the season and I even think Keenum does enough in camp and preseason to be QB2. No Practice Squad because he'll be active as QB2 at start of the season.

Kubiak has the balls to do it, too. Almost like taunting the opponents: "Yeah, that's right. I'll start TJ and I'll throw Kennum into the fire too. And you can't touch it. You can aspire to touch it, but you won't touch it."

Dadgum I'm ready for football.
Old 04-29-2012   #118
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
VIDEO: Case Keenum's 80 Yard Bomb To Patrick Edwards
Jan 02 1:14p by Jonathan Tjarks

I'll take game-time performance over drills anytime.
Dayyyyyum! His throw on the run in Madden 13 is going to be RIDICULOUS!!!
Old 04-29-2012   #119
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Gruden QB camp to me is about the best reality show out there

thought I saw Dontari Poe breaking up the middle with his patented swim move in one of those clips
I liked the Keenum camp stuff until Gruden starts the wet football part. It got seriously lame at that point.

In fact, this is my first time to see the full video...previously all I had seen was the wet football clip. So I'm glad I clicked on the video link and saw the BETTER stuff I hadn't seen yet.

The goal line throw where the defender shoots through the A gap and Keenum places the ball to the back corner of the end zone and makes it look so freaking easy...THAT is the stuff of NFL QBs.

"Yeah, I knew what coverage I had and I already knew where I wanted to go with the ball before the snap." I mean, geez, the kid saw what was going to happen and he shoved it right up their nose and made them like it.

This is the offense for a guy like Keenum. And he played right here in Houston, so it won't be a big deal for him on game day. He's used to it, he knows it.
Old 04-30-2012   #120
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's far to early to see if we hit another home run in the UDFA derby yet, but I'm liking this guy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read