Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2012   #1
TexanCR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WR1 Question

I just have a question, if we trade/release JJ and Andre gets injured who will be the WR1? Do we keep Walter or Posey is ready to be the number 1 WR for a playoff contender?

Do we adapt our offense to start Posey and Martin along with OD?

I think we cannot get rid of Walter just for this reason, JJ is as good as gone.
TexanCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR1 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCR View Post
I just have a question, if we trade/release JJ and Andre gets injured who will be the WR1? Do we keep Walter or Posey is ready to be the number 1 WR for a playoff contender?

I think we cannot get rid of Walter just for this reason, JJ is as good as gone.
It's a little early to know for sure but... I think about it like this, we've got basically 2 types of wide receivers in this offense: the deep guy and the short guy. As of now, our "deep" guys are: AJ, JJ, Lestar Jean, Juaquin Iglesias, and Posey. Our "short" guys are: KW, Maehl, and Martin.

When AJ's not on the field, KW doesn't step up and become the "deep" guy. JJ takes AJ's spot but because JJ isn't as reliable, the QB just shifts his attention over to KW (or to one of the TEs.)

It takes a while for wide receivers to learn this offense. It's complicated. If JJ is gone RIGHT THIS SECOND, I think Lestar Jean would be the guy because he's got more experience in the position. By early in training camp, I expect Posey to take that position but he's going to have a fight on his hands because Lestar Jean has the talent to be a good receiver himself.

Some time during this season, I expect our 3 wide set to become AJ, Posey, and KW. And I hope by the end of the season, for Martin to take over KW's position. I don't know if Martin's a good enough blocker and I don't know if he'll be as good in our system this year as KW is. KW is almost a tight end with his blocking and how he works in the run game.

I expect JJ to be gone by the time training camp rolls around. I expect KW to stick with the team and continue to be a part of it but I hope our new receivers are good enough to push him back to a reduced role.

At least, that's my expectation/hope/opinion.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

one of kubiak's greatest strengths is designing some of the best route combinations i've ever seen. if AJ went down, all of our 2-4 receivers would be part of that role. essentially "receiver by committee". walter would be the lone receiver on a lot of 1wr max pro play actions (again), but who knows who would take his 15 yard squats or single slants or double moves ... and it probably wouldnt be one player in that role (especially with 2 rookies and a few practice squad guys fighting for the time).
Old 04-28-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Fangupo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #5
roooshi
#Demaryius2HOU

Rep Power: 0 roooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Secretly disguised Jacoby Jones Fan.
roooshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

KW restructured.
Old 04-29-2012   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Fangupo.
He's a little big for the position, and not the speedster that we all want.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2012   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
KW restructured.

That's exactly my impression. Although, in some games, Walter has appeared to "disappear," he has consistently been the most dependable safety valve receiver when the WR position has been affected by injury.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #9
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

LeStar Jean breakout season...
Old 04-29-2012   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

What if AJ is injured again? Move Foster out to WR and put Tate at RB. Foster can do it all.
Old 04-29-2012   #11
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 114477 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I imagine it will be Posey at number 1, Walter at #2 and Martin #3, but that is a very very scary thought, please refrain from making anymore threads that suggest AJ goes out for the season
Old 04-29-2012   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I imagine it will be Posey at number 1, Walter at #2 and Martin #3, but that is a very very scary thought, please refrain from making anymore threads that suggest AJ goes out for the season
Make the world a better place , punch a melonhead in the face ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What if AJ is injured again? Move Foster out to WR and put Tate at RB. Foster can do it all.
I thought our utility infielder was James Casey...
Old 04-29-2012   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I thought our utility infielder was James Casey...
Hmm...how about moving Casey to QB and running the wishbone? Or trading for Tebow? Nah, I like Casey at QB more than Tebow.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read