Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012   #21
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Texans draft grade

I am hoping for Thompson DT.
Old 04-27-2012   #22
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

As I said elsewhere, Smithiak has too many WTF moments for me to buy in.
Old 04-27-2012   #23
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I am hoping for Thompson DT.
Would love to see us land Thompson at the top of the 4th and then Hosley (CB, Virginia Tech) and either Massie (OT, Ole Miss) or Mosley (OT, Auburn).

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-27-2012   #24
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6475 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Solid B.
Old 04-27-2012   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
What's the problem with Mercilusand posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTpaul
2010 OSU

Catches 53 Yards 848 Average 16.0 TD 7

2009 OSU

Catches 60 Yards 828 Average 13.8 TD 8

Take a look at his sophomore and junior year. He was already productive player and probably produces even more numbers if he was playing his senior year.
And he didn't have a QB.
Posey stats not bad.

Also mercilus had 16 sacks and 9 FF. Whats wrong with that.
If yo9u are going to use stats then compare Posey's to other available receivers and answer your own questions.

I don't think anyone has said anything is wrong with Posey.
Old 04-27-2012   #26
Steleehin
TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 0 Steleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
What's the problem with Mercilusand p
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTpaul
2010 OSU

Catches 53 Yards 848 Average 16.0 TD 7

2009 OSU

Catches 60 Yards 828 Average 13.8 TD 8

Take a look at his sophomore and junior year. He was already productive player and probably produces even more numbers if he was playing his senior year.
And he didn't have a QB.
Posey stats not bad.

Also mercilus had 16 sacks and 9 FF. Whats wrong with that.
exactly at least give him a chance.
Old 04-27-2012   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Draft grades period
You sound like the guy who did not like cars but manages to go to all the car shows to say how he doesn't like them. If you don't want to play move along.
Old 04-27-2012   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
As I said elsewhere, Smithiak has too many WTF moments for me to buy in.
Yep, that Duane Brown (declared the biggest reach of the first round) was also a HUGE WTF moment.

Like I said earlier, these guys have nailed down solid drafts that last 3 years... they've earned leeway. I'll wait and see before I pull out my pitchfork.
Old 04-27-2012   #29
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yep, that Duane Brown (declared the biggest reach of the first round) was also a HUGE WTF moment.
Straw man much?
Old 04-27-2012   #30
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bump this thread in 3-4 years.
Old 04-27-2012   #31
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Straw man much?
not really. It was a fair argument. Straw man would be eliminating the rest of my post and hand picking one sentence to respond to.

These two guys were first time HC/GMs. Maybe just maybe they now know what the hell they're doing. Their recent track record suggests that they do.
Old 04-27-2012   #32
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will give a B! I love the Merciless & Brandon pick! I'm starting to warm up on the Posey pick! Mayock thought he was a good pick. I think he's stock fell becuz of the tats scandal, LOL! I guess they felt they needed an edgy, badboy type player! I'm hoping Kubes & Co. can coach him well & A.J> can probably teach him a thing or two!
Old 04-27-2012   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't go a-hole over us picking Mario. I was fine with it.

I didn't freak out over us trading down and then choosing D Brown and later Slaton. I was for it.

I didn't freak out one single time last year.

Tonight? I had a major malfunction of Full Metal Jacket proportions. Because I think we screwed up completely. I do NOT trust that Posey was our guy. I think we lost out on someone we coveted, traded down (thinking the teams ahead of us wouldn't pick other guys we wanted), and then we had to settle for Posey.

But all we will hear from Smithiak is how much they like that Posey kid...who didn't play most of his senior year because of being suspended. Shucks, we landed the guy we wanted all along......

Whitney Mercilus was a beast pick. Brooks, when I look at how we have drafted OL the past two years, seems to be a good pick. Posey? No way in China.
Old 04-27-2012   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
not really. It was a fair argument. Straw man would be eliminating the rest of my post and hand picking one sentence to respond to.
No, you need to look up what a straw man argument is.

Quote:
A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.
In this case, you set up the Duane Brown straw man and then knocked it down. Good job. I never said anything about Duane Brown. FTR, I was all for that pick when it happened.

Quote:
These two guys were first time HC/GMs.
... which explains why they've had so many WTDF moments.

Quote:
Maybe just maybe they now know what the hell they're doing. Their recent track record suggests that they do.
Maybe. Maybe they don't. Maybe they'd tell us that KJ is the most NFL ready CB, despite Nick Saban and later Wade Phillips refuting that point. Maybe they're telling us that Jacoby Jones is worth a 3rd round pick. Or Antwaun Molden.

Or maybe it's the next great WR. But right now, it's a WTF moment. And I bet you dollars to doughnuts that is exactly what a ton of NFL people said when the trade/subsequent pick went down. So yeah, we'll see. I recognize that. Do you recognize that they are still growing into the job?
Old 04-27-2012   #35
Dash
Rookie

Rep Power: 117 Dash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respected

Incomplete. The 4th round will make or break it for me.
Old 04-27-2012   #36
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Every player in the draft is basically a project no matter the round.
Old 04-27-2012   #37
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Incomplete. The 4th round will make or break it for me.
Lot of good players still available in the 4th!
Old 04-27-2012   #38
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Lot of good players still available in the 4th!
I agree! Now, we need to let Wade take over the draft & lock Kubes & Smith in the closet!
Old 04-27-2012   #39
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, you need to look up what a straw man argument is.

In this case, you set up the Duane Brown straw man and then knocked it down. Good job. I never said anything about Duane Brown. FTR, I was all for that pick when it happened.

... which explains why they've had so many WTDF moments.

Maybe. Maybe they don't. Maybe they'd tell us that KJ is the most NFL ready CB, despite Nick Saban and later Wade Phillips refuting that point. Maybe they're telling us that Jacoby Jones is worth a 3rd round pick. Or Antwaun Molden.

Or maybe it's the next great WR. But right now, it's a WTF moment. And I bet you dollars to doughnuts that is exactly what a ton of NFL people said when the trade/subsequent pick went down. So yeah, we'll see. I recognize that. Do you recognize that they are still growing into the job?
After 6-7 years on the job... I think they've grown into it. Unlike other people in this thread I really like what they've done so far, so I'm not ****ing bricks right now or hitting panic buttons.

I'm sitting fat and happy and I'm pretty content with this draft so far. I'm really looking forward to see what our 3 4th round draft picks will net us tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2012   #40
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I'll answer in 3-5 years. Thanks. See you soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'll just wait to see them play.
Quote:

Like I said earlier, these guys have nailed down solid drafts that last 3 years... they've earned leeway. I'll wait and see before I pull out my pitchfork.
Put me in the wait and see if they can play crowd.

I remember the "future hall of famer" predictions for Reggie Bush and how Mel Hairgel went on and on and on about how great Brady Quinn was gonna be...
...and didn't a lot of us lament the loss of a our former starting RG that no one bothered to draft?

Yeah.... I'll just wait and see if they can play.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read