Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2012   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Maybe last years draft wasn't all Phillips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
But the dynamic now is Wade letting Rick know what he wants on defense. Not Rick telling Wade what he needs. Rick still has to make it happen on draft day(s).
I don't know how you get that.

Quote:
Kubiak said that previous coordinators cut their list of potential defensive draft picks to roughly 50-60 prospects. Phillips got the list to 15-20, and the Texans drafted five of them.

“It was locked in before we went to draft day,” Kubiak said. “He knew exactly what he wanted.”
As been stated before, Rick's scouting staff has a list of players they scouted & believe fit Wade's system. Rick gives the list to Wade, Wade whittles it down.

Then Rick manages the draft.

Picking five out of 15 names, Rick could have scratched 10 of those names off the list before the draft started, we don't know that.

& I don't think we ever had a situation where Rick told anybody what they needed. This is the most group think organization I've ever seen in my life, they all get together & agree on whatever their sphere of influence allows.

But the article you quoted does not prove Wade has any more influence over the draft than Frank Bush or Richard Smith had other than he whittled his list down a little farther.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read