Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Scream at me I don't care!

Did any of you notice the number of posters on this site durning the draft? TT is adding new folks constantly. What if you logged on April 26th to read and discuss the NFL draft and there was no Texans Talk? I will probably get reputation for always bringing up donations but I could care less this site keeps me and others sitting behind a computer rather than doing some other things we might shouldn't do. You know who you are!!

Hey folks (newcomers especially) Kevin (Hook'em Horns) with the help of volunteers maintain and manage this site. Yeah, I understand there are some advertising dollars but it make me feel good to contribute a bit every month.

So eyeballs up to the green "Donate" in above red colored bar and follow prompts.

Thanks!!

Steve

Mods will move but I wanted to attract as much attention as possible.
Old 04-27-2012   #2
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scream at me I don't care!

Very True. What is $20 for as much time as I spend on here reading about my beloved Texans. I'm pretty sure that my internet cred just got upped to Honey Badger level.

Nice post, homie.
Old 04-27-2012   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Scream at me I don't care!
Don't mind if I do...

Old 04-27-2012   #4
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did any of you notice the number of posters on this site durning the draft? TT is adding new folks constantly. What if you logged on April 26th to read and discuss the NFL draft and there was no Texans Talk? I will probably get reputation for always bringing up donations but I could care less this site keeps me and others sitting behind a computer rather than doing some other things we might shouldn't do. You know who you are!!

Hey folks (newcomers especially) Kevin (Hook'em Horns) with the help of volunteers maintain and manage this site. Yeah, I understand there are some advertising dollars but it make me feel good to contribute a bit every month.

So eyeballs up to the green "Donate" in above red colored bar and follow prompts.

Thanks!!

Steve

I'm ashamed to say I have never contributed. My wife lost her job and she has stayed home with the kids for the last 5 years, and we've been trying to keep her at home as long as possible. Long story short she will have to go back to work in September and money will pour from the heavens. At that time I will become a regular contributor!!!!!

TT is awesome, many thanks to all that manage the site, and all the colorful characters on the board!!!
Old 04-27-2012   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I will if the banner is replaced with current Texans players.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'm ashamed to say I have never contributed. My wife lost her job and she has stayed home with the kids for the last 5 years, and we've been trying to keep her at home as long as possible. Long story short she will have to go back to work in September and money will pour from the heavens. At that time I will become a regular contributor!!!!!

TT is awesome, many thanks to all that manage the site, and all the colorful characters on the board!!!
who you talking about!LOL

No problems dude, contribute when you can. Congratulations on wife's income.
Old 04-27-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I will if the banner is replaced with current Texans players.
Banner doesn't keep you from posting/ reading right?
Old 04-27-2012   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Ban badboy!!1!

Hey, that rhymes.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No but it is getting a little behind the times...

I do what I can when I can. Banner or no banner.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #10
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No but I'm hoping the admins see that and change the banner. I'll literally pay money to have the banner changed. Mario and DeMeco tackling a Saints uniform-laden Reggie Bush is ancient history. Might as well have Travis Johnson taunting that old Dolphins QB lying unconcious if we're gonna live in the past.
Old 04-27-2012   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Ban badboy!!1!

Hey, that rhymes.

And if you were LeeAnne Rimes.....
Old 04-27-2012   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No but I'm hoping the admins see that and change the banner. I'll literally pay money to have the banner changed. Mario and DeMeco tackling a Saints uniform-laden Reggie Bush is ancient history. Might as well have Travis Johnson taunting that old Dolphins QB lying unconcious if we're gonna live in the past.
All banners with x-players have been removed. However Eric Winston and Jacoby Jones (I know wishful thinking) are in this one http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/mb_header2.jpg .. should we remove that one too?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if you were LeeAnne Rimes.....
....I wouldn't be a mime

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks!!

Steve

I won't scream at you.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #15
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
All banners with x-players have been removed. However Eric Winston and Jacoby Jones (I know wishful thinking) are in this one http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/mb_header2.jpg .. should we remove that one too?
I still see the DeMeco and Mario one with DeMeco in the top left. Hate to be complaining but if I went to an opposing team's site and they had a picture of one of their ex-players tackling Steve Slaton I'd think I'd have accidentally entered a time warp.
Old 04-27-2012   #16
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yall are always doing a great job and if someone comes here to look at pictures big deal this is the mos informative board for the general public I have encountered.
Old 04-27-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
....I wouldn't be a mime

Not even some TIMES? I can keep this up all night. Uh, oh. Don't go there. I was really hoping more of the new folks would step up and send some funds in.
Old 04-28-2012   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still see the DeMeco and Mario one with DeMeco in the top left. Hate to be complaining but if I went to an opposing team's site and they had a picture of one of their ex-players tackling Steve Slaton I'd think I'd have accidentally entered a time warp.
You're still caching the old stuff. Clear your cache or give it a day or 2. I took that one out of the rotation.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks!!

Steve

I know Hookem and everyone who volunteers their time appreciates the contributions made. This place is an odd combo. People who met before and then talked on the internet like the Blue Crew and then people who met here and then have met in person like edo (de oppresso liber my friend), Vinny, DB, CnD, Corrosion, Bill, Grandma, Texans Chick, etc. (just too many to list) since then.

Classic definition of a community even if we don't all live in the same neighborhood.

Last edited by infantrycak; 04-28-2012 at 09:17 AM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I know Hookem and everyone who volunteers their time appreciates the contributions made. This place is an odd combo. People who met before and then talked on the internet like the Blue Crew and then people who met here and then have met in person like edo (de oppresso liber my friend), Vinny, DB, CnD, Corrosion, Bill, Grandma, Texans Chick, etc. (just too many to list) since then.

Classic definition of a community even if we don't all live in the same neighborhood.
I call it extended family. I've met some of you and feel like I know most from MB. A pretty good clan over all.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read