Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2012   #21
BattleRedRock
Cush56HatLayer

Section: blue lot
Rep Power: 0 BattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's in charge of this years draft?

I really hope ITS THE RECEIVERS COACH this year and not Smith Kubiak or Mcnair picking our receiver bc if we draft another Jacoby Jones bc he has "speed" "ability" then im sure he may resign and go somewhere else.. Im almost positive the receivers coach and special teams coach got together and TPed Jacobys house in the off season.. i dunno just a thought haha
Old 04-26-2012   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
The Miller lite girls:
I like your idea but would like you to expand upon it further with more discussion and photographic evidence please...
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if the Texans come out and give us a detailed rundown on how they do things we still don't absolutely know that they're telling us the truth so I just assume what I think seems obvious. If the collective brain trust is in the same room and talking about a defensive player I think they obviously would defer to Wade. Offensive player would mean they defer to Gary. People like McNair and Smith might like a player and I'm sure that as with every organization there are people whose position gives them more authority than their knowledge.
Old 04-27-2012   #24
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
team effort with Smith nominally in charge.
I agree.

FYI - Mike Mayock reacting to the Mercilus pick, "I think Rick Smith is quietly becoming one of the better GMs in the league, and it's evidenced by the last several drafts."

Also see this:

"When I signed my contract with (owner Bob) McNair (before the 2011 season), he told me we could get a first-round draft choice every year. He's a smart player (who's) athletic, tough, physical and a self-starter, a high-motor guy who plays with ability. He's one of the top pass rushers in the draft."-- * defensive coordinator Wade Phillips

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...itney-mercilus

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read