Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about our First rounder?
I like it 189 79.08%
I dislike it 7 2.93%
I don't have an opinion yet 43 17.99%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2012   #101
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - First Round Pick

From what I've read up on him, and watched his highlights, etc. I''m satisfied.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #102
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Connor Barwin ‏ @ConnorBarwin98 Reply Retweet Favorite Open
“@HoustonTexans: Philips: Mercilus is a lot like @ConnorBarwin98. He fits in with our guys on defense.” <--had the same college dline coach
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #103
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - do you like the pick?

Hell yes.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #104
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good with it.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #105
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #106
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Love it but we need to shore up our run-stopping. Mercilus looks handled in the run game. Couple that with the loss of DeMeco in the middle. I'm not saying I'm concerned. I'm just saying plug the hole. Shouldn't be too hard.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #107
le14
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 le14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famer

Texans - Winning with that D and Giants blueprint.

the possibilities with that defense and the likes of Luck, Locker, Gabbert along with spotty OL play.
le14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #108
le14
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 le14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famer

Texans - Winning with that D and Giants blueprint.

the possibilities with that defense and the likes of Luck, Locker, Gabbert along with spotty OL play.
le14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #109
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am cautious about it. I think he can be a heck of a player, but he is a one year wonder, and lacks elite explosion.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #110
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
From NickScurfield on Twitter:

"Phillips: "We could come up with something" to possibly play Mercilus, Barwin & Reed at the same time #Texans"
at the same damn time! - future
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #111
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
Blaine Gabbert is gonna be saying this even more next year..

Whoa, m***********.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2_18zfbpY
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #112
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
They got the position I wanted but I'm not a fan of one year wonders in the first. He's got the talent and his one year as a starter was obviously beast mode, but I am 50/50 at this point.
Well look at it this way: If he stayed his senior year and matched last years production, he wouldn't have been available anywhere near #26.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #113
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

as long he destroys luck, manning, and gabbert
Old 04-26-2012   #114
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted "No opinion yet."

I am not disappointed. I am not excited.

My main concern is this: Is Mercilus the better guy between him and Nick Perry? For some reason, Nick Perry just looks stronger.

We didn't reach for a WR, which is good news. I am a bit shocked that we didn't go with an OL when Zeitler was still there, Martin was still there, etc. I really figured that Winston's outright release meant we needed more depth on the line.

The thing that makes me sort of OK right now is that Wade Phillips knows what he wants. And the proof is in Son of Bum's puddin'. If it sits well with Wade, then I'm fine with it. Just have that nagging feeling that Nick Perry would have been a better choice.
Old 04-26-2012   #115
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149340 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I am cautious about it. I think he can be a heck of a player, but he is a one year wonder, and lacks elite explosion.
Cant argue with that - But you can sure question the coach who didnt play him the year before.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #116
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
as long he destroys luck, manning, and gabbert
Do you mean Locker?
Old 04-26-2012   #117
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Gee...I wonder if I like it.

Actually, that was my exact reaction.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #118
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #119
H.C.4100-Bloc
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 H.C.4100-Bloc is a Pro BowlerH.C.4100-Bloc is a Pro Bowler

Great pick...
H.C.4100-Bloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #120
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Do you mean Locker?
Sept. 23

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read