Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-26-2012   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seven-round mock: Projecting every pick in 2012 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
His clearly a better QB.
But i still don't think anyone trades up to the bottom of the first to take him.
at least not with us.

We could still trade back but it want be because a QB is wanted by a team.
I dont know about that .... Weeden is a pretty sure fire .... Kerry Collins.

Is that worth a bottom of the first round pick?! I think so.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #22
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont know about that .... Weeden is a pretty sure fire .... Kerry Collins.

Is that worth a bottom of the first round pick?! I think so.
my not saying his not worth a late first rounder.
what i am saying is that if we were to trade back into the draft i don't think we'll be trading with someone who wants a QB.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #23
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
why would cleveland trade up to get weeden. there are no QB hungry teams between us and there 2round pick.

If there is a trade it might be for one of the OLB that a teams really wants and wants to get ahead of new england and green bay because both need OLB
maybe my comment here was misunderstood because i wrote it wrong

i wanted to say why would cleveland trade up to get weeded with us.
i think that changes the complexion of my comment
Old 04-26-2012   #24
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

come to think of it. they also have a pick at 22 so if they wanted weeden that badly they would just take him there. then get there wr in the early 2nd.

wow they could have a magical draft.
Richardson, Weeden and jeffery would be something!
Old 04-26-2012   #25
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 62918 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This draft had Alphonso Dennard going in the 5th I believe.

If he is there that late the Texans better run to the podium.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #26
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasam82 View Post
Like Sanders,Childs,Mosley plenty... But I really dislike Sanu for us in the 2nd. While I believe in character/motor guys in the trenches in some cases above more skilled drama queens and/or "red flag" character guys I fully believe that at WR you need to do more than just try really hard. I really think Sanu gets blanketed at the next level by NFL CB's.
If you think Sanu's game is wrapped up in "trying hard" and a 40 yard dash time then....goodness, I don't even know what you should do. Try, try again? I'd rather have a guy that has actual receiving skills over a bum with good athleticism any day. Trying hard....ha.

All he did was make a million catches for 2 million yards when everyone knew what was coming. He's so slow he consistently beat double teams.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #27
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Sanu. First on this board, I believe to cover him during this past college season (underclassman). I would have liked him to polish his game a little more @ Rutgers. Which is going to mean some NFL team will have to get him ready & up to speed. His best attribute is his body control. He can adjust & make amazing moves on the ball, with the ball or even without the ball (blocking).

For a team to draft him in the first they would have to be stacked @ WR & be willing for him to adjust/develop in the NFL. With that said & depth of position this year in the draft he would be a quality pick #58 with high ceiling @ a position of need.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #28
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
This draft had Alphonso Dennard going in the 5th I believe.

If he is there that late the Texans better run to the podium.
Why? He is an idiot! Would you hire someone who went to jail @ 2 in the morning for getting into a bar fight and punching a cop the night before his interview? He'll be lucky if he gets drafted in the 5th unless the Bengals need another law breaking misfit.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #29
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
come to think of it. they also have a pick at 22 so if they wanted weeden that badly they would just take him there. then get there wr in the early 2nd.

wow they could have a magical draft.
Richardson, Weeden and jeffery would be something!
Old 05-06-2012   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I would really need for the Texans to trade out of the first. Let's just use Cleveland for example, so they really really want Weeden & move up to #26. All the Texans ask for in return is their 2nd this year & next. So here would be mine based on this mock draft-

2. Bobby Massie, OT Ole' Miss can play both sides tremendous range & upside more than replaces Winston could take over for Butler year two.
2. Jared Crick, OLB/DE/NT, that's right all three in Wade's system fits character of defense, team player.
3. Juron Criner, WR going to force me to take him a little sooner than I wanted but think he is ready, polished & makes nice tandem with Andre.
4. Ben Jones, Center/OG, adds depth & fights Caldwell for reps @ RG or if needed to back-up Myers.
4. Kyle Wilber, OLB/ILB pass rushing force, non stop motor & adds to special teams. Could see him battling Sharpton or kicking outside. 4.6 speed.
5. Alfonzo Dennard, CB yeah why not take a shot on him this late?
6. Dwight Jones, WR reunite him with TJ might restore his confidence.
7. Braddie Ewing, FB Listened to Watt today on 610 & it makes you just want to draft more badgers, plus Foster/Tate need a true lead blocker.

Don't forget now Texans would get the Cleveland Browns 2nd round pick in 2013
Jared Crick, Ben Jones & Dwight Jones (UDFA) is three players now with Texans

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read