Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-25-2012   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texanstalk Mock Draft Contest

Put yourself in the Texans FO shoes for a few minutes and predict who you think they will pick in all 7 rounds.

2pts for a correct player in the correct round or for predicting that pick will be used in a trade and if it will be up or down.
1pt for correct position wrong player or traded but wrong direction.

Score the most points, brag to your friends.
Old 04-25-2012   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texanstalk Mock Draft Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Put yourself in the Texans FO shoes for a few minutes and predict who you think they will pick in all 7 rounds.

2pts for a correct player in the correct round or for predicting that pick will be used in a trade and if it will be up or down.
1pt for correct position wrong player or traded but wrong direction.

Score the most points, brag to your friends.
If I had any friends do you think I'd be on this message board so much? Actually, I would.
Old 04-25-2012   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is my entry:

1.) Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

2.) Traded with 4 to move up in the 2nd to get Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

3.) Bruce Irvin, OLB/DE, West Virginia.

4.) Ben Jones, C, Georgia.

4.) Traded with 2 to move up in the 2nd to get Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

5.) Trevin Wade, CB, Arizona

6.) Nate Potter, OT, Boise State

7.) Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin
Old 04-26-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
blank one to save you all some trouble
1.26 -
2.58 -
3.76 -
4.99 -
4.121 -
5.161 -
6.195 -
7.233 -
1.26 - Shea McClellin, OLB
2.58 - Brian Quick, WR
3.76 - Mitchell Schwartz, OT
4.99 - Ladarius Green, TE
4.121 - Leonard Johnson, CB
5.161 - Levy Adcock, OT/G
6.195 - Randy Bullock, K
7.233 - Case Keenum, QB

I don't really feel like predicting trades as it get's too hectic, but I think we will trade around multiple times. First being dropping from 26 to 33-39 to pick up a 3rd or a 4th and 6th. I think the Texans will also move up in the 3rd to grab an OT like Schwartz or Massie.
Old 04-26-2012   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am using my last mock draft for this competition. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91292

Fleener- Kendricks- Martin- Broyles- Henry- Brooks- Adcock- Moss
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Martin
2. A.J. Jenkins
3. Cam Johnson
4. Derrick Wolfe
4.Ron Brooks
5.Danny Coale
6. Randy Bullock
7. Myles Wade
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90675

1.) Nick Perry, DE, Southern California (6'3" 271)
2.) Keenan Robinson, LB, Texas (6'3" 242)
3.) Mitchell Schwartz, OL, California (6'5" 318)
4.) Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas (6'3" 219)
4.) David Molk, C, Michigan (6'1" 298)
5.) Andrew Datko, RT, Florida State (6'6' 315)
6.) Austin Davis, QB, Southern Miss (6'2" 219)
7.) Randy Bullock, K, Texas aTm (5'9" 206)
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2012   #8
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

1 - Nick Perry OLB USC Replaces Mario Williams in the OLB rotation...can't have enough pass rushers and the Texans are too thin with Barwin and Reed.
2- Mohammed Sanu WR Rutgers Early mocks had him going to the Texans in the 1st round...but I think he lasts until the Texans pick in the 2nd.
3- Mike Martin DT Michigan Works into the rotation with Cody and Mithchell
4a- Michael Egnew TE Missouri Gotta love those 4th round TEs!
4b - Sergio Kelemete G Washington - Good depth behind Caldwell and Smith
5 - Audie Cole ILB NCState - Special teams depth and challenges Alexander and Sharpton
6 - Keith Tandy CB - West Virginia Special teams gunner / secondary depth
7 - Devon Wylie WR Fresno State - "Wiggles" Takes PR duties from former Texan Jacoby Jones
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

1.26 - Fleener, TE
2.58 - Silatolu, OL
3.76 - S. Spence, LB
4.99 - Broyles, WR
4.121 - D. Stephenson, OL
5.161 - K. Randall, DL
6.195 - R. Bullock, K
7.233 - C. Johnson, FB

After reviewing, it has hints of Big 12 homerism.
Old 04-26-2012   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I've ever done a mock draft on Texans Talk, so now is as good as time as ever to do one. Before I begin, I must mention that I don't know much about most of these prospects. I only know a bit about the popular ones. So without further adieu here's Nawzer's once in a lifetime bogus mock draft!

Round 1- Tyler Holmes, OLB-Massachusetts-Related to Sherlock Holmes the world's greatest detective. Tyler Holmes will bring a discerning eye to our defense and plus every time he makes a big play he'll say, "It's elementary, Watson".

Round 2-Case Keenum, QB-UH-OK so Case paid me to pick him here. Strange that even in his imagination he sees himself as a high as a second round pick....

Round 3-Julian Stanford, OLB-Wagner. Texans accidentally pick this guy thinking this is the guy Andrew Luck played for.

Round 4-DaJohn Harris, DT-Southern California-Do you even need to ask really? Look at his name, DAJOHN! So many cool puns await, like DaJohn in Da house! Oh I think he can tackle a bit too, but this is mainly a "Your name is so cool we gotta pick you" pick.

Round 5-Kyle Martens, K-Rice-Word is James Casey is getting tired of talking to people who don't have at least 10 degrees. Martens fills a need and will provide Casey with some good company.

Round 6-Garrett Celek, TE-Michigan State- He's a tight end.

Round 7-Briggs Orsborn, WR-Ball State-Reports are that Andre Johnson burst into the war room and made this pick on behalf of himself.
Old 04-26-2012   #11
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

1.26 - Shea McClellin: OLB, Boise State
2.58 - Mitchell Schwartz: OT, California
3.76 - Juron Criner: WR, Arizona
4.99 - Trevin Wade: CB, Arizona
4.121 - Tommy Streeter: WR, Miami (Fla.)
5.161 - Evan Rodriguez: TE, Temple
6.195 - Desmond Wynn: OG/C, Rutgers
7.233 - Ishmaa'ily Kitchen: NT, Kent State
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Here is my entry:

1.) Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

2.) Traded with 4 to move up in the 2nd to get Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

3.) Bruce Irvin, OLB/DE, West Virginia.

4.) Ben Jones, C, Georgia.

4.) Traded with 2 to move up in the 2nd to get Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

5.) Trevin Wade, CB, Arizona

6.) Nate Potter, OT, Boise State

7.) Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin
Trade in the 2nd and Ben Jones in the 4th.
Old 04-29-2012   #13
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trade in the 2nd and Ben Jones in the 4th.
Good work Kiwi! Nailed the 4th rd pick Ben Jones.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured Texans would trade down, just thought it would be in 1st, didn't expect any of the premium 3-4 OLB prospects to still be there & they almost weren't, can imagine the Texan war room was pretty nervous about the run on them, if not for Bruce Irvin & Chandler Jones Mercilus should have been off the board. Also had Crick & Bullock on my mock but not in same rounds

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I figured Texans would trade down, just thought it would be in 1st, didn't expect any of the premium 3-4 OLB prospects to still be there & they almost weren't, can imagine the Texan war room was pretty nervous about the run on them, if not for Bruce Irvin & Chandler Jones Mercilus should have been off the board.
I also give Chicago and Tennessee some credit for passing on Mercilus for lesser prospects.

I get Carril going for Irvin and his potential. He produced with limited exposure to the game and his ceiling is sky high. I think Chandler Jones is an underachiever and it's laughable that draft gurus like Mayock are giving Belichick props for moving up to get him. Big time reach.
Old 04-29-2012   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching the Big 10 network right now & they're showing the Whitney Mercilus draft day experience. Wonder if the Texans will ever show their draft day war room (taped)? While other team were peeing their pants, trading up to grab pass rushers Texans stood pat biding their time & trying to knock another home run with 1st pick. Big props to Rick & staff.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 04-29-2012 at 07:06 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read