Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-23-2012   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TK's Last Try

1- Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise St.

Pass rusher of the talented, coordinated, versatile, high effort variety.

2- Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

May never top the depth chart but will raise the level of in-house competition for years to come.

3- Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Experienced SEC corner. Yes please.

4a- Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn

Big man with athleticism to develop into a monster while he has time to sit behind Butler.

4b- George Iloka, FS, Boise St.

Tall, lean safety prospect with centerfielder type skills and a willingness to support the run defense.

5- Taylor Thompson, TE/DE, SMU

Clay to be molded. All athlete, no position. Development prospect.

6- David Molk, OC, Michigan

Undersized Chris Myers-type OC who can get to the 2nd level with ease.

7- Randy Bullock, K, Texas A&M

Hometown, award winning kicker to replace the old man they let go.

I just want to say it's been fun y'all. Here's to the Texans getting better and to us arguing over names and numbers next year!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TK's Last Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
1- Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise St.

Pass rusher of the talented, coordinated, versatile, high effort variety.

2- Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

May never top the depth chart but will raise the level of in-house competition for years to come.

3- Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Experienced SEC corner. Yes please.

4a- Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn

Big man with athleticism to develop into a monster while he has time to sit behind Butler.

4b- George Iloka, FS, Boise St.

Tall, lean safety prospect with centerfielder type skills and a willingness to support the run defense.

5- Taylor Thompson, TE/DE, SMU

Clay to be molded. All athlete, no position. Development prospect.

6- David Molk, OC, Michigan

Undersized Chris Myers-type OC who can get to the 2nd level with ease.

7- Randy Bullock, K, Texas A&M

Hometown, award winning kicker to replace the old man they let go.

I just want to say it's been fun y'all. Here's to the Texans getting better and to us arguing over names and numbers next year!!!!
That's it? Sure?

I would be disappointed but not crushed.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, Tell me what you really think lol....

You know what's funny? When you picked an OLB a few months back I was admantly against it (Didn't help that is was Ingram). Now I'll be disappointed if they let McClellin go elsewhere. Hard to predict BPA.

Any particular player you dislike?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Geez, Tell me what you really think lol....

You know what's funny? When you picked an OLB a few months back I was admantly against it (Didn't help that is was Ingram). Now I'll be disappointed if they let McClellin go elsewhere. Hard to predict BPA.

Any particular player you dislike?
Shea is not the next Brooks Reed but I would consider him @ ILB. I would like a quick twitch, speed edge rusher to compliment what we already have in Reed & Barwin. But I don't dislike McCellen one bit.

McNutt is a tough nut to crack but despite good size may struggle to separate? See his value late 3rd/4th.

Heyword is a good CB prospect.

Mosley would be a solid tackle, guard prospect I just think it's now a higher priority.

George is boom or bust. Can't be certain.

Thompson I know nothing about him, should I?

Not real high on Molk but like position so could live with it

Bullock is a solid choice.

Hope that helps back- up my statement.

Would like to see you try one more?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like this draft for the Texans. McClellin fits with the all effort guys on the defense (Cushing, Watt, Barwin, Reed).

McNutt is really undervalued by the internet draft gurus. He's a former QB who has improved after every season at WR. He's got the perfect size for a WCO WR. I see a lot of Rod Smith in McNutt, and Kubiak loved Rod Smith.

Like the CB the Texans lost in free agency (Jason Allen), Hayward makes plays on the ball. He does what Kareem Jackson doesn't.

Mosley fits the Texans M.O. of going for OTs that transitioned from TE. He was pretty high on my list.

Iloka would probably be a value pick in the 4th round. Maybe not an urgent need, but just too talented to pass on.

Thompson is a former TE, turned DE, turned...TE? Born to be a Texan.

Molk could make the roster as a backup C. I would have looked for a guy who could play both OG and C. But those guys aren't always available in the 6th round.

Bullock is a very solid college kicker. Maybe not the best in the draft, but someone to compete with a cheap vet.

Very nice effort and a good job matching Texan tendencies.
Old 04-23-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Overall I think I've liked most of the drafts I've seen. There are pieces about each one I'd change, but there hasn't been a draft that I've seen posted in the board that I wouldn't take.

This one is no exception.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like McNutt in the WR class.

Too much secondary in this draft for me to be that happy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read