Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-21-2012   #121
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Pat Kirwan article

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So leebigeztx, how does that Pat Kirwin article looking now?

Sorry but some need to re read this thread.
Not really. No one on this earth would have thought buffalo would give mario a 25m injury exception. Who does that and who in their right mind would turn that down. It was always known that if he got out the door, it was over. 40m wouldve have been acceptable, but when buffalo offered what they did, the texans didn't have a chance. Sometimes that happens and the texans cap was in worse shape than what was initially known. I never thought briesel would be back and meyers was 50-50. The flat cap for the next couple of years is going to restrict alot of deals going forwar.
Old 04-22-2012   #122
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Not really. No one on this earth would have thought buffalo would give mario a 25m injury exception. Who does that and who in their right mind would turn that down. It was always known that if he got out the door, it was over. 40m wouldve have been acceptable, but when buffalo offered what they did, the texans didn't have a chance. Sometimes that happens and the texans cap was in worse shape than what was initially known. I never thought briesel would be back and meyers was 50-50. The flat cap for the next couple of years is going to restrict alot of deals going forwar.
I did.

It's the nature of free agency. Those "A" list names will always be overbid for in free agency. There are too many bad organizations and organizations with priorities other than winning: selling tickets, getting the fan base excited, etc... Once he hit free agency, it became a foregone conclusion that his market value would far exceed his worth to a successful football team focused on winning. That is why I made the point that the Texans indicated their true feelings about him when they did not work out his contract after the 2010 season. Once that didn't happen and he was destined for free agency, he was gone.
Old 04-22-2012   #123
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

No offense to Buffalo, but they were stupid, very, very stoopid for spending that much money on Williams... They did it to prove to their fan base that they are somehow still relevant... A bold gamble, but a stupid gamble based on what he will bring them...

*Notice, I called him "Williams" and not Mario*
Old 04-22-2012   #124
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I did.
You are saying you knew a team would give Mario a huge injury exception like 25 million? I think we all knew he would get a huge contract but I never thought it would include a 25 million dollar injury exception.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #125
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
You are saying you knew a team would give Mario a huge injury exception like 25 million? I think we all knew he would get a huge contract but I never thought it would include a 25 million dollar injury exception.
I believed he would get a huge chunk of guaranteed money on the front end- in some form. I thought the number would be much too large for a wise team to bid against.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read