Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-18-2012   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How important is NFL draft to you?

Been fascinated with the draft for a long time. Still miss the old set up but do enjoy talking up the first round all day Friday. Two greatest sports collide.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #22
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Loved the old format... not so much on how it's going to be done moving forward.

Used to be wake up..start BBQing with friends...crack beer at first overall pick and start speculating until sundown. Repeat Sunday.
I have been following the draft since the days when you could only get the results on monday in the newspaper. I started having big parties on draft saturday when I was finally able to see it on ESPN. And then along comes Goodell. This guy is slowly ruining the game of football. Pretty soon the players will be wearing flags. When he moved the draft from saturday and sunday to thursday/friday/saturday he pi$$ed off a lot of fans. The draft was a much bigger event for fans than it is now. Now you can flip back and forth between the draft and your wife's favorite primetime show. Instead of an event that meant an all day party it is now a channel flipper for alot of fans that used to dedicate their entire saturday to it.

Of course I'm still a hardcore fan that watches all 3 days but the average fan got lost in the whole switch of days
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

So I just found out I have to fly to Washington Friday 27th & plane lands 5:30. Then I work Saturday. Hope to see most on TV. Hope hotel has ESPN at least.
Old 04-20-2012   #24
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So I just found out I have to fly to Washington Friday 27th & plane lands 5:30. Then I work Saturday. Hope to see most on TV. Hope hotel has ESPN at least.
I can't imagine the hotel not having cable/ESPN so you should be good Friday evening.

I love the draft, I get more gifts on draft day than Christmas and B-day combined.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft is important to me because it's something new that is happening during the offseason. Like others have said, I don't follow college football much, so who they pick is pretty much always a surprise to me. I enjoy my time on this board reading what others have to say about the draft picks as much as anything else. As always, I get more useful information from this board than I do anywhere else.

I'm probably going to miss most of Saturday's later round picks as I have to drive to Lufkin that day. But I'll read all about here.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #26
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Used to really love the old format of Sat/Sun. My sorry azz brother (the Bengals fan) would drive 3 hrs to show up. The living room would have Texan's, Cowboy, 49ers, Steelers fans and plenty of beer. We did this every year and it was great. Lots of good natured ribbing. Draft books and cheat sheets everywhere. A real event that we all would plan every year to attend.

Not so much fun now. We still talk durring picks but just not the same.
Old 04-20-2012   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Loved the old format... not so much on how it's going to be done moving forward.

Used to be wake up..start BBQing with friends...crack beer at first overall pick and start speculating until sundown. Repeat Sunday.
Me too.

Sometimes I think people on this MB spend more time studying the draft than Rick does.

Remember Garys elective surgery during the combine? Follwed by a 5-11 season?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #28
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft was the highlight of the year when we were not winning. Now, coming off a playoff season, the draft is not as exciting as it once was. Also, with the Texans picking 26th it's even harder for me to get really excited about the draft. I'll follow it and watch it of course, but not with the fervor as some of you. The upcoming season is what's really exciting to me now that the Texans are going places!
Old 04-21-2012   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
The draft was the highlight of the year when we were not winning. Now, coming off a playoff season, the draft is not as exciting as it once was. Also, with the Texans picking 26th it's even harder for me to get really excited about the draft. I'll follow it and watch it of course, but not with the fervor as some of you. The upcoming season is what's really exciting to me now that the Texans are going places!
Wow, not for me. Have to dig so much deeper into players game film and combine as there are so many more options. We are almost at the BPA each round than ever before. I do agree that actual season is 10 X better than draft because the season goes on so much longer.
Old 04-21-2012   #30
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the draft better when it was all crammed into two days. The channel never left ESPN or NFLN and I was browsing football forums, discussing picks. I don't like the wait between rounds now, but the draft is still fun. Wish it was the first two rounds in day one though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I preferred the 2-day draft, too. I watch pretty much every second of the draft.

Normally, I've got a bunch of spreadsheets with the players and my notes on them and where I think they should go and which ones might be a fit for us. I like to speculate on which positions/picks we're going to make. I like watching which players are falling to us that I think we could want.

I've had a really rough work schedule this year and I haven't done any research. I'll still follow the whole thing on the TV and on this board but I really don't know the players this year. So I'll just try to figure it out as I go along.

BTW, I prefer to be alone with just my TV and my computer during this process. I don't need any distractions.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #32
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Love it, but it's not that important. I'll watch it anyways, regardless, or at least keep up with our picks. And I liked it better when it was a two day draft and not three. But that doesn't stop me from watching.
Old 04-22-2012   #33
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, not for me. Have to dig so much deeper into players game film and combine as there are so many more options. We are almost at the BPA each round than ever before. I do agree that actual season is 10 X better than draft because the season goes on so much longer.
Of course if you're into breaking down game film you'll enjoy the draft.
and you're right about there being a lot more options for the Texans to pick from, so that raises the level of speculation even more. Personally, I'm not into analyzing game film and I don't have the time I once used to so I'm not very familiar with a lot of these players. Don't get me wrong, the draft is still an exciting event but the season is better.
Old 04-22-2012   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Of course if you're into breaking down game film you'll enjoy the draft.
and you're right about there being a lot more options for the Texans to pick from, so that raises the level of speculation even more. Personally, I'm not into analyzing game film and I don't have the time I once used to so I'm not very familiar with a lot of these players. Don't get me wrong, the draft is still an exciting event but the season is better.
So you have a social life, I get it. Rub it in why don't cha? lol
Old 04-22-2012   #35
Nawzer
Alienz

Quote:
So you have a social life, I get it. Rub it in why don't cha? lol
Hahaha if you only knew me, you would realize how untrue and funny that is. I have very little to no social life. For the past 2 years my entire focus has been on finishing my phd. I spend at least 6 days a week in lab and I keep this forum on just so that I can think about something else for a change instead of why all of my experiments are failing. Lol.
Old 04-22-2012   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just trying to maintain this trajectory I've been on for months now, hoping to not burn out just before the big show.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #37
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

For me it was the 2006 NFL draft. I didn't really pay that much attention before then. While I looked into who the Texans took, I didn't really follow the draft all that much. After the Texans got to the mid point of the 2005 season, it was pretty obvious they were gonna get a really high pick. It became more fun to watch college football and see who could help the team than pay as much attention to the Texans. Watching the draft was an obvious extension. I loved it!

However, I also realized that the more i put into my draft prep, the more I would enjoy the actual draft. So, in 2007 I did my very first Texans mock on the about.com football message board. I began honing my skills and was pointed to this website by a friend of mine in 2010. The mocks here are markedly better than other ones I find becuase they are full of explanations. Rather than simply listing a player, most mocks here come with reasoning, analysis, and an explanation. Coming here and reading the mocks as made me love the draft that much more.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #38
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168713 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
My interest in the draft has gone way up since I joined this board. You guys are the main source of information for me since I don't watch college ball at all. I still do way more reading then posting though.
I could have posted this almost to the letter. The exception being that I do watch the occasional college game but because I like football, not because I follow any particular players/team/conference.

Watching the responses on this board during the draft is especially entertaining (some of the implosions are priceless ) and educational since the draftniks often post links to videos and mock sites that favor the players we draft or the ones they think we should have drafted.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #39
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft is like Christmas for me and I get to be a little kid again. Not sure what players the FO will put under the tree, though I hope they fill the voids. I have made my wish list..sometimes I'm right..usually not though...3 days of the NFL Draft..it gives me hope for the up coming season.
Old 04-24-2012   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Draft is good then I have to go through withdrawal until training camp. Of course college is a nice fix. Too many college teams have softies scheduled first so many of those I don't watch. I get to watch some Texas teams re-load rosters after losing a few players. Houston and Baylor come to mind. Also will focus on Wisconsin after losing most of their Oline.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read