Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-12-2012   #101
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where and when will the Texans find their next QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Osweiler is bigger and with a big arm........which if you watched him, he had a consistent problem with overthrowing his receivers.....short or long. He would never fit the Texans offense. If you think that Schaub is immobile..........imagine Schaub running a bootleg on stilts...........
LOL!

Also, Osweiler telegraphed a lot of throws.
As mentioned by Gruden on his QB camp, with Osweiler being nearly 6'7, the defenders can read his eyes pretty well. It's a 2-way street.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #102
BigSmooth1269
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRock View Post
I think Yates has the potential to be a starter in the next couple of years, if schaub can stay healthy and learn under him. What i like about schaub is hes a team player and he puts his team first as i noticed him helping TJ on the sidelines giving him pointers and helping with plays where as you look at Manning.. hes on one side of the field and orlovski was on the other. I understood that Peyton takes ALL the snaps at practice bc he is selfish and that is why they crumbled in his absence. However, IF we do draft another QB in later rounds... I like Kellen Moore from Boise St... I know hes only around 6' and a south paw but i believe he has excellent smarts decent arm (better than schaub & lienart) and obviously has a will to win. Keenum can definitely sling but many scouts feel he was successful due to the system as most do with the past Cougar QBs I.E. Kolb
I like what you said until you got to Kellen Moore. Yeah he is smart but to say he has a better arm than Schaub and lienart is a complete lie. He is noodle armed and Lienart might have a better arm than him. And Schaub have a weak arm? He definitely airs it out and can throw the ball pretty hard though Yates definitely has strongest arm on the team. I like Moore and he is a winner but that can only take you so far.
BigSmooth1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #103
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmooth1269 View Post
I like what you said until you got to Kellen Moore. Yeah he is smart but to say he has a better arm than Schaub and lienart is a complete lie. He is noodle armed and Lienart might have a better arm than him. And Schaub have a weak arm? He definitely airs it out and can throw the ball pretty hard though Yates definitely has strongest arm on the team. I like Moore and he is a winner but that can only take you so far.
I liked what he said until ... well, never. Schaub a TEAM PLAYER? He was laughing on the sidelines when Yates was throwing picks in the playoffs. Sooner we are rid of that cancer the better.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #104
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I liked what he said until ... well, never. Schaub a TEAM PLAYER? He was laughing on the sidelines when Yates was throwing picks in the playoffs. Sooner we are rid of that cancer the better.
First I heard of that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #105
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

for you guys wanting some arm strength numbers..

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2012/03/12/...ine-2008-2012/

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #106
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
First I heard of that.
Me too. And I noticed there was no link or photo.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #107
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Me too. And I noticed there was no link or photo.
Yeah, I posted that before being told that in order to post anything you had to have six witnesses and DNA proof what you say is valid. It was simply an observation while watching the playoffs that Matt was shown on the sidelines more than once laughing it up and smiling while TJ struggled. Really doesnt matter. My opinion of Matt is well documented. The Texans need a QB ... period. They have never had a legitimate one.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read