Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-16-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default James: "This is the best team in Texas"

Quote:
Inside linebacker Bradie James likely ingratiated himself to many a Texans fan on Monday in his opening remarks to the Houston media gathered at Reliant Stadium.

“It feels great to be here,” said James, who signed with Houston on Friday after nine seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. “Being reunited with Wade (Phillips) is great, and Reggie (Herring). This is a great team. As I’ve been told on Twitter, this is the best team in Texas. The opportunity is here for us to do some great things. I’m just happy to be a part of it.”

James also provided an interesting breakdown of the dynamic between Phillips and Herring, who coached him for several seasons in Dallas.

“Reggie Herring, he’s a guy that complements Wade,” James said. “Wade is kind of laidback, but not too laidback. If you want to get Wade riled up, miss an assignment and he’ll get after you. Reggie is the guy that is a spit-on-the-side-of-your-face type of guy. He’s just on you like an old nagging woman, but they complement each other. You can just tell how the [defensive players] rallied around those two last year, and there is talent all over the field out here. Just watching them on film a couple days ago, it was impressive.”
http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...team-in-texas/

I'm liking this guy already!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: James: "This is the best team in Texas"

I liked the signing of James, and was a little surprised at how many people cringed at it. He might be a little old now, but he knows this system, he is a leader that we'll need since Demeco is gone, and Wade ought to know what to expect out of him at this point. I think James was a good signing.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #3
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I liked the signing of James, and was a little surprised at how many people cringed at it. He might be a little old now, but he knows this system, he is a leader that we'll need since Demeco is gone, and Wade ought to know what to expect out of him at this point. I think James was a good signing.
I agree. He seems very happy to be here as well. So that is always good!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

mehhh either the players were just so happy they were AFCS champs or Herring got bam boozeld and ba dazzaled by the carolina panthers but meh whatever
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I liked the signing of James, and was a little surprised at how many people cringed at it.
People just don't understand how important matching player to scheme is -- neither do some teams.

It's the primary reason you see big name free agents disappear with new teams.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
mehhh either the players were just so happy they were AFCS champs or Herring got bam boozeld and ba dazzaled by the carolina panthers but meh whatever
What in the world do you mean? Seriously, is English a second language for you?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Norg's native language is Mork from Ork. Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
People just don't understand how important matching player to scheme is -- neither do some teams.

It's the primary reason you see big name free agents disappear with new teams.
Very true, exhibit A: Nnamdi Asomougha.

Also, Rob Ryan is the most over-hyped DC in the league right now. He gets a lot more recognition than he deserves, but it's due to his brother's success as a DC. I don't think he has ever been DC of a defense that was better than 16th (Dallas last season) in the league in points allowed. He was terrible in Oakland, and even Cleveland got much better the year after he left. I would bet a hefty sum that he didn't know how to use Bradie James.
Old 04-17-2012   #9
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Shazbot!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
He's referring to James saying the coaches compliment each other. When Herring took over, we were looking pretty normal on D.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #11
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

I've lived in Dallas for the past year and have heard James on sports radio a number of times. It was really interesting hearing him talk about accepting a diminished role in the Cowboys defense (Ryans, anyone?). He really did seem to understand his part in the grand scheme of things, talked about how he could provide the type of mentoring that vets jealously withheld when he was a young buck, etc...
Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #12
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Dude, I hate it when that happens. When I select voice input as I'm going to send a text or post something and then I forget about it. It always picks up bits and pieces of my conversation and I accidentally send someone a nonsensical text.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #13
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Dude, I hate it when that happens. When I select voice input as I'm going to send a text or post something and then I forget about it. It always picks up bits and pieces of my conversation and I accidentally send someone a nonsensical text.

Mike
Maybe I'm drunk but I thought it was one of his better posts....
Old 04-18-2012   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Finally! I understand Norg!

Shazbot! It's so obvious, I can't believe I never realized it.
Old 04-18-2012   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post
I've lived in Dallas for the past year and have heard James on sports radio a number of times. It was really interesting hearing him talk about accepting a diminished role in the Cowboys defense (Ryans, anyone?). He really did seem to understand his part in the grand scheme of things, talked about how he could provide the type of mentoring that vets jealously withheld when he was a young buck, etc...
Think he could replace Eric Winston on radio?
Old 04-18-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
Maybe I'm drunk but I thought it was one of his better posts....
Your drunk.
Old 04-18-2012   #17
BattleRedRock
Cush56HatLayer

Section: blue lot
Rep Power: 0 BattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Think he could replace Eric Winston on radio?
He probably could, but id rather RICK James replace eric winston on the radio.. i dunno im just saying wouldnt that be a lot funnier? What did the five fingers say to the face?! I think there is a chance Bradie may start bc of his knowledge of this defense and the fact that he could also provide some extra coaching to players of the defense on the field for the more exotic defensive plays we never touched on last year. From what ive read, Wades D is much more exotic than anything we saw last yr and that he didnt want to give them too much too fast. All these writers/analysts say phillips D following his first yr decreases in productivity from what statistics show but in theory wouldnt this kinda be his first season as far as a whole off season to prep and learn plays etc????
Old 04-18-2012   #18
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

No, Bradie James wasn't particularly charismatic or anything. He seemed just straightforward, well-grounded, and, as the racists on ESPN would say, "so articulate!"

And it may be hard for Rick James to do pressers nowadays, considering the fact that he died in 2004.
Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #19
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm with you.

He's always been a solid player.

And if the Son of Bum likes him, that's good enough for me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read