Hall of Fame
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Rep Power: 9431
Wolf6151 Final Mock....maybe.
1. Nick Perry-OLB, great size and speed for the position, can also play DE on downs when we line up in 4-3 formation. Mario's replacement.
2. Brandon Thompson-DT, good run stuffer with some athleticism/agility to pressure the QB at times, strong and holds up to the double teams well, rotates with Cody at NT, moves Mitchell to DE depth, and replaces Cody in 2013 when he becomes a salary cap casualty.
A great defense is what got us to the playoffs and I don't want to lose that after we waited so long to get it. These first 2 picks improve quality and depth at 3 positions, along with Demps, James, and Dobbins we maintain our elite defense while saving some money for next years group of FA. Thompson replaces Cody in 2013 when he's a salary cap casualty.
3. AJ Jenkins-WR, I really like this guy and he's moving up draft boards, great speed and hands with really good route running ability, he can play in the slot or outside. Good bye Jacoby.
4a. Marvin Jones-WR, great hands and routes, average/good speed and smooth athleticism, very good size for the position. Good bye Jacoby.
I go back to back with 2 very similar WR's. Neither is the biggest guy but have decent/good size, great hands, run great routes, and use their bodies to shield CB's. Either can play outside or in the slot and although Jenkins has elite speed, Jones has a very smooth athleticism and deceptive speed. Both make Jacoby expendable.
4b. Brandon Mosley-OT, good size, strength, and lateral agility, former TE will make Kubiak happy, currently a better run blocker than pass blocker but lots of potential, rotates with Butler at RT and replaces him in 2013 when Butler becomes a salary cap casualty.
5. Lucas Nix-OG, great size and agility for the position and played LT last season but will be an OG in the NFL, needs to add a little bulk but at 6'05" he's got the frame for adding it and it will come from an NFL level strength and conditioning program, needs to learn to bend at the knees and hips to anchor a little better but power and run blocking are what he's best at, should be good OG depth.
Reenforcements for the O-line. Both have flaws that should be easily fixed/coached and with a little experience should be good quality depth. I think Mosley has starter potential in 2013 when Butler is primed for being a salary cap casualty.
6. Randy Bullock-K, hopefully solidifies K for years to come.
7. Brandon Bolden-RB, new RB#3, we let Ward go and save some money, good size but average speed for the position, limited production his senior year due to injuries but good production his junior year, good hands and pass catching ability, should be good quality depth.
I don't think we draft an ILB since we just signed 2 in FA, and don't think we draft a Safety since we just re-signed Demps. Also Vance Joseph seems high on Demps with a regular off season and a years experience in the system. I also think we'll pick up a vet #3 QB once teams make their cuts at the end of training camp. I'm hoping it's Delhomme again since he looked good last year in limited play and since he played for us he wouldn't affect our 2013 compensatory picks.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|