Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-10-2012   #21
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com Mock Drafts

The thing that I remember most about David Anderson is that he was drafted one pick ahead of a guy called Marques Colston, that still hurts.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
If Wright AND Fleener are the top 2 guys available who do you choose?

Honestly...I think I'd actually take Fleener.
Imagine Fleener #26 and WR Quick #58. Whooeee!
Old 04-10-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Have to make an assessment about your new O-line. Will the losses on the right side require us to keep a TE in to block? I don't know.
Butler will be as good as Winston and we can draft a starting OG in 4th better than what we have even if we have to put that player at LG and move Smith to RG. Right side will be fine. A fast big TE in Fleener and a big fast WR who can catch in Quick really opens up the offense.
Old 04-11-2012   #24
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Imagine Fleener #26 and WR Quick #58. Whooeee!
If they go that way, then they don't need to spend a late pick on a WR. That would be the start to an interesting draft. Kubiak does love his tight ends, but I wonder how much of the draft will go to Wade.
Old 04-14-2012   #25
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
The thing that I remember most about David Anderson is that he was drafted one pick ahead of a guy called Marques Colston, that still hurts.
Yeah.... that's one of those bad memories I try to surpress
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #26
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
If Wright AND Fleener are the top 2 guys available who do you choose?

Honestly...I think I'd actually take Fleener.
I have to agree with you here. Fleener would be my choice too. I just wonder if the Texans would do the same.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #27
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
April 2-9

Breer: Kendall Wright
Reuter: Kendall Wright
Baldinger: Coby Fleener
Brooks: Kendall Wright
Cherry picking, Zeitler, Perry, Perry, Hill.
Old 04-14-2012   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If they go that way, then they don't need to spend a late pick on a WR. That would be the start to an interesting draft. Kubiak does love his tight ends, but I wonder how much of the draft will go to Wade.
As I am not a manic for OLB, I'd could see going for a slot WR later. Take C/OG Blake 4a Broyles (slot) 4b; NT Jean-Baptiste 5.

Use your 3rd for OLB like Ronnell Lewis or another spot like DE Wolfe.
Old 04-15-2012   #29
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Height and weight are overrated for receivers... You can have all the tools to be great(great speed, tall, big hands/long arms, etc) and still suck... ie Jacoby Jones and many, many others.

If Kendall Wright if there at 26, I'd pick him in a heartbeat. If not, I'd try to get Nick Perry, Mike Adams, or maybe even Dont'a Hightower.
Old 04-16-2012   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
Height and weight are overrated for receivers... You can have all the tools to be great(great speed, tall, big hands/long arms, etc) and still suck...
Take a look at the top WRs of 2011. They are either big, have blazing speed, or play with Tom Brady. Kendall Wright will need to be drafted by Patriots to meet any of these criteria.
Old 04-16-2012   #31
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yeah...I've seen David Anderson "start" before as the third WR...

And Kendall Wright isn't a slot receiver...Yeah he's kind of short, but he plays better out wide.
david anderson did not see that much PT...2009 was the high water mark for him......and that was b/c we had no running game & our defense routinely had us down late in the 4th & we had to run 5 WO sets playing catch up.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read