Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-12-2012   #81
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Meet With Prospect ______, 2012 Edition

Quote:
Brandon Hardin has visited the Seattle Seahawks, Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens, San Diego Chargers and the Chicago Bears, according to a league source.
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=5557076&fhn=1
Old 04-12-2012   #82
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans

Miami (Ohio) guard Brandon Brooks (?/?).

LSU cornerback Ron Brooks (4/?).

Texas A&M kicker Randy Bullock (4/16).

Old Dominion defensive tackle Ronnie Cameron (?/?).

Oregon State cornerback Brandon Hardin (?/?).

Boise State safety George Iloka (?/?).

California linebacker Mychal Kendricks (4/?).

Northwestern State cornerback Jeremy Lane (4/1).

Grambling receiver Mario Louis (4/?).

Arkansas State safety Kelcie McCray (?/?).

Texas A&M cornerback Lionel Smith (4/?).

Illinois safety Tavon Wilson (?/?).
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #83
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Glad to hear the Texans are meeting with my favorite sleeper pick.

If Brooks is there in the 2nd Rd he will be a steal

350 Lbs men who run 4.9 and BP 35 times dont grow on trees. Brooks is a monster and despite being a big guy has great movement skills. He would be a great fit in the ZBS.

Brooks can also play RT in addition to OG.
If that guy can get to the second level watch out, he is gonna kill somebody.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #84
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.kffl.com/team/18/NFL

Texans met with Stanford OT Jonathan Martin.

Same site says the Texans could be targeting Brian Quick in the first.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #85
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
http://www.kffl.com/team/18/NFL

Texans met with Stanford OT Jonathan Martin.

Same site says the Texans could be targeting Brian Quick in the first.
The receiver from Appalachian St? WOW!...uh WOW!

I guess he's projected to go early in the 2nd and they feel he will not be available by the time they pick? Perhaps a Duane Brown situation?

Here's some info I found on a Jags board. Looks like they like him:
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/4/...nville-jaguars
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #86
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Quick looks like a beast on film. I think he would be a better player than Jacoby and Walter from day 1 even coming from a small school.

He looks like he does a lot of things really well...Catches in traffic, gets seperation, and he is a Beast after the catch...

Is he worth an end of the first round draft pick?

I wouldn't mind it at all.

Last edited by Rey; 04-13-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #87
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Brian Quick looks like a beast on film. I think he would be a better player than Jacoby and Walter from day 1.
That's what I'm seeing too. I think this may be a Duane Brown situation where we take him because he won't be there in the 2nd.
Old 04-13-2012   #88
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Brian Quick looks like a beast on film. I think he would be a better player than Jacoby and Walter from day 1 even coming from a small school.

He looks like he does a lot of things really well...Catches in traffic, gets seperation, and he is a east after the catch...

Is he worth an end of the first round draft pick?

I wouldn't mind it at all.
If the guy is a hit, then they are always worth a draft pick IMO. I don't really care about the perceived reach so much as the actual production of a player. It only matters when they don't work out for you

As for Quick, he's moving up boards all over the place. A couple months ago he was thought to be a 3-4 round guy, but now it seems he will be at mid-2nd rounder. The question is, can the Texans trade back 15 spots or so and pick up a 3rd and still get him? Say Seattle wanted to give us #43 and #75 for #26 to jump up and get a guy like Fleener, Worthy or Perry. Could we still get Quick at 43? I think so, but I also think he may be there at 58. At this point I expect him to be taken somewhere around 40-60.

It would also be cool to have back to back picks in the 3rd

Another potential trade partner would be Dallas who really really needs a center. I expect Konz to be there at 26, but probably won't fall past Baltimore or Green Bay.
Old 04-13-2012   #89
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pre-draft visits

Experience suggests that the Texans will not use a pre-draft visit with their first round pick-http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-and-workouts/. The attentive reader may note that none of these players are first round prospects. (Jonathan Martin is the exception and may go late in the first round).
As best I can piece together from several sources, these players have visited or will visit with the Texans:

Mario Louis, WR, Grambling State
Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Brandon Brooks, OL, Miami-Ohio
Bruce Irvin, LB, West Virginia
Mychal Kendricks, LB, California
Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska
Derek Wolfe, DL, Cincinnati
Jerel Worthy, DL Michigan State
Ronnie Cameron, DL, Old Dominion
Brandon Hardin, DB, Oregon State
Ron Brooks, DB, LSU
Lionel Smith, DB, Texas A&M
Desmond Marrow, DB, Toledo
Donnie Fletcher, DB, Boston College
Jeremy Lane, DB, Northwestern State
Tavon Wilson, SS, Illinois
Kelcie McCray, S, Arkansas State
George Iloka, S, Boise State
Randy Bullock, K, Texas A&M

So, whatya think about these guys? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Intrigued?

I kind of like this guy's versatility and it looks like he can actually catch the ball. If we're grading on a curve (in other words, compared to Jacoby Jones) this guy could be a late round home-run. UDFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kGBy4pNSEgA

This guy was rated the #2 tackle in the draft prior to the combine and then his stock fell. I've seen him mocked late in the first all the way to late in the second round. Looks to me like a solid run-blocker, could possibly start at right tackle or at least provide support at swing tackle. Round 1-2

Wasn't invited to combine but his draft stock is rising rapidly. This guy could bench press a truck and he's predicted to fit well into a zone scheme. Rounds 2-4

Could be a gifted edge-rusher but he's very raw. This position has a high bust factor. Rounds 3-4

I gotta say I'm intrigued by this guy. Played outside and then played inside in the 3-4. Good coverage skills, fastest time at combine for LB in 12 years. Kind of small for ILB, but so is Sharpton. Rounds 3-5

Considered more a Will 4-3 prospect but a good one. Not much of a pass rusher but good coverage skills, small. Rounds 2-3

Pegged as a high motor player best-fitted as a 5-technique in a 3-4. Sound familiar? Rounds 2-3

Possible fit as 5-technique minus a few pounds or in rotation as a Phillips-style NT. Rounds 2-3

Ronnie Cameron, DL, Old Dominion
Dominant player in small conference, looks like possible NT. Rounds 5-UDFA

Brandon Hardin, DB, Oregon State
Projected as FS, special teams gunner. Rounds 4-6

Ron Brooks, DB, LS
Projected as SS. Round 3

Round 7-UDFA

Desmond Marrow, DB, Toledo
UDFA

Donnie Fletcher, DB, Boston College
4-year starter. Rounds 4-6

Round 6-UDFA

Tavon Wilson, SS, Illinois
Rounds 6-7

Kelcie McCray, S, Arkansas State
Rounds 6-7

George Iloka, S, Boise State
Rounds 2-4

Looks like a typical Texans' draft...DL, OL, LBs, some developmental DBs for special teams and UDFA receivers. Except for that first pick...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rkout-tracker/
http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=3641
http://draftace.com/blog/2012/03/16/...visit-tracker/
Old 04-13-2012   #90
le14
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 le14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Pre-draft visits

Add in Patrick Edwards from UH

_ActionPAT ‏ @_PatrickEdwards Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Visiting The Texans Tomorrow!!!

New PR/KR and hopefully WR in the 7th or UDFA?
le14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #91
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by le14 View Post
Add in Patrick Edwards from UH

_ActionPAT ‏ @_PatrickEdwards Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Visiting The Texans Tomorrow!!!

New PR/KR and hopefully WR in the 7th or UDFA?
It's just an annual workout the Texans put together for local draft prospects.
Keenum will be there too, doesn't mean the Texans have any plan regarding any of them.

• Keenum, along with receiver Patrick Edwards, center Chris Thompson, linebacker Sammy Brown and running back Michael Hayes, are scheduled to participate in a workout for the Texans on Saturday at Reliant Park. The Texans annually host a workout for many of the local, Houston-area draft prospects and invites them to workout (note: workout is closed to the public and to the media).

http://blog.chron.com/cougars/2012/0...h-case-keenum/
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #92
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Minnesota TE/FB Eric Lair.

http://twitter.com/#!/E_Lair85/statu...12867506581504

Another local boy, I think.
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
So, whatya think about these guys? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Intrigued?

I kind of like this guy's versatility and it looks like he can actually catch the ball. If we're grading on a curve (in other words, compared to Jacoby Jones) this guy could be a late round home-run. UDFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kGBy4pNSEgA

This guy was rated the #2 tackle in the draft prior to the combine and then his stock fell. I've seen him mocked late in the first all the way to late in the second round. Looks to me like a solid run-blocker, could possibly start at right tackle or at least provide support at swing tackle. Round 1-2

Wasn't invited to combine but his draft stock is rising rapidly. This guy could bench press a truck and he's predicted to fit well into a zone scheme. Rounds 2-4

Could be a gifted edge-rusher but he's very raw. This position has a high bust factor. Rounds 3-4

I gotta say I'm intrigued by this guy. Played outside and then played inside in the 3-4. Good coverage skills, fastest time at combine for LB in 12 years. Kind of small for ILB, but so is Sharpton. Rounds 3-5

Considered more a Will 4-3 prospect but a good one. Not much of a pass rusher but good coverage skills, small. Rounds 2-3

Pegged as a high motor player best-fitted as a 5-technique in a 3-4. Sound familiar? Rounds 2-3

Possible fit as 5-technique minus a few pounds or in rotation as a Phillips-style NT. Rounds 2-3

Round 7-UDFA

Round 6-UDFA
I've seen these guys play, some more often than other; maybe I'll start looking at them more closely now.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #94
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

randy bullock worked out with the texans on saturday morning and went 12/12 with a long of 60. bullock in the 6th is starting to look like a strong possibility if no other team has taken him.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #95
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Kubiak watch any of the field goals, or did he have his back turned.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #96
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
randy bullock worked out with the texans on saturday morning and went 12/12 with a long of 60. bullock in the 6th is starting to look like a strong possibility if no other team has taken him.
Thank you. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for using my late rounders on a kicker. Saying you could get a UDFA for cheaper. I say make your picks count if you know this guy can do the job.
Old 04-17-2012   #97
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Did Kubiak watch any of the field goals, or did he have his back turned.
Nice!!!!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #98
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

That was good stan. I wonder, any word on if the texans have met with coby fleener?
Old 04-19-2012   #99
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Per Aaron Wilson tweet:

Quote:
Stanford safety Michael Thomas has a private workout for the Houston Texans today, according to a league source.
Old 04-19-2012   #100
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Per Aaron Wilson tweet:
probably to gain some insight on how tough a match-up Fleener & Owusu where in practices

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read