Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-13-2012   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Texans Trade Up BIG

I have come to the conclusion that the Texans have 2 choices. Take Nick Perry @ 26, then trade up in the 2nd to snag whichever WR dropped out of the first round, or trade the house for Justin Blackmon.

Texans mimic last years Julio Jones trade up and swap with the St. Louis Rams who have already cashed in from the Washington Redskins.

Rams Get:
2012 Round 1: #26 overall.
2012 Round 2: #58 overall.
2012 Round 4: #121 overall.
2013 Round 1: #XX overall.

Texans Get:
2012 Round 1: #6 overall.

1.6) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Blackmon has 3300 yards and 38 touchdowns on 233 catches over the past 2 seasons. Not to mention 2 Biletnikoff trophies. He will excel as WR#2 and fill in at WR#1 if AJ ever gets injured. I have been watching this guy make plays for 2 years and I would not flinch if this deal, or even a little more was made.

Texans still have picks in round 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 this year.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #2
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Trade Up BIG

Really?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #3
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

We have way too many holes to fill to give up picks IMO
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks. I love Blackmon, but no way I would do this.
Old 04-13-2012   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

In this scenario I'd stay put and take Nick Perry at #26. Blackmon is the best receiver this year but he's not Julio Jones, who I think is a much better WR, and not worth giving up all those picks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't have done it for Julio Jones if I were the Falcons, and while Blackmon's the best WR in this year's draft class, I think Jones was and is a better prospect.
Old 04-13-2012   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I wouldn't have done it for Julio Jones if I were the Falcons
Same here. The only player I'd give up that many high picks for would be a QB.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2012   #8
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be real nice ... except we arent a passing offense.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I have come to the conclusion that the Texans have 2 choices. Take Nick Perry @ 26, then trade up in the 2nd to snag whichever WR dropped out of the first round, or trade the house for Justin Blackmon.

Texans mimic last years Julio Jones trade up and swap with the St. Louis Rams who have already cashed in from the Washington Redskins.

Rams Get:

Texans Get:

Blackmon has 3300 yards and 38 touchdowns on 233 catches over the past 2 seasons. Not to mention 2 Biletnikoff trophies. He will excel as WR#2 and fill in at WR#1 if AJ ever gets injured. I have been watching this guy make plays for 2 years and I would not flinch if this deal, or even a little more was made.

Why I outta kick yer azz!! I thought we actually traded up. Lol.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Same here. The only player I'd give up that many high picks for would be a QB.
Yeah, we should do this, but instead take Tannehill.

Old 04-13-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

No. Silly.

Blackmon can't touch Julio Jones or AJ Green.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post

Rams Get:

Texans Get:

Absolutely no way nor do I want an OLB in first. We need a starter and a hole filler like Fleener who can play TE and WR. If I were Rams I'd laugh at that offer for #6 as picks too low in each round.
Old 04-13-2012   #13
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

The title of the thread gave me a heart attack.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I wouldn't have done it for Julio Jones if I were the Falcons...
While Jones proved to be a very good WR, and should get better, the trade did nothing for the Falcons. They could have taken Torrey Smith (who had similar production) and still be able to get help for their offensive or defensive line in this draft.

Only QBs are worth trading future picks for. And even then, you've got to be sure and a little lucky. No way do the Texans trade their draft for a WR.
Old 04-13-2012   #15
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we trade all those picks for Tannehill, pick up Vince Young, trade Schaub and Andre for RG3, and rotate all three QB's to get a lock on the Big 12 South market.

Or we can take Perry at #26.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
While Jones proved to be a very good WR, and should get better, the trade did nothing for the Falcons. They could have taken Torrey Smith (who had similar production) and still be able to get help for their offensive or defensive line in this draft.

Only QBs are worth trading future picks for. And even then, you've got to be sure and a little lucky. No way do the Texans trade their draft for a WR.
The Texans aren't aggressive like this any way. You're right that they would never do this for a WR or even a QB for that matter. They're a play it safe organization.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I say we trade all those picks for Tannehill, pick up Vince Young, trade Schaub and Andre for RG3, and rotate all three QB's to get a lock on the Big 12 South market.

Or we can take Perry at #26.
All right! Uh wait who we gonna throw the ball to? No AJ, OD and Walter will be triple teamed as no one else can catch. We will be a running team for sure but then we will not need a passing QB so I guess 3 will be the Running Man.
Old 04-13-2012   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

While I agree with you that trading for Julio didn't net return expected it's just one year, rookie year in fact. This was a long term deal to ensure Matt Ryan had a premium WR & Roddy White good as he is, like Andre, will naturally decline with age.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #19
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
While I agree with you that trading for Julio didn't net return expected it's just one year, rookie year in fact. This was a long term deal to ensure Matt Ryan had a premium WR & Roddy White good as he is, like Andre, will naturally decline with age.
But atl gave up way too much. Torey smith was just as good and could have been had at atl's pick.

#6: Cleveland → Atlanta. (D) Cleveland traded this pick to Atlanta for Atlanta's first (27th overall, which later became #26), second (59th) and fourth-rounder (124th) and also Atlanta's first- and fourth-round selections in 2012.

Way too much.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
But atl gave up way too much. Torey smith was just as good and could have been had at atl's pick.

#6: Cleveland → Atlanta. (D) Cleveland traded this pick to Atlanta for Atlanta's first (27th overall, which later became #26), second (59th) and fourth-rounder (124th) and also Atlanta's first- and fourth-round selections in 2012.

Way too much.
ATL gave up too much for Jones imo but no way will Torey SMith have same career as Julio. Let's give both another two years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read