Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-11-2012   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 71836 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jaguars confirm interest in HBO's Hard Knocks

Jaguars confirm interest in HBO's Hard Knocks
http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog...os-hard-knocks
Quote:
As Hard Knocks prepares for its return to HBO, the Jaguars have expressed interest in being the subject of the behind-the-scenes show that follows NFL teams.

"We did express interest, and at this point we don’t know what HBO’s plans are," Jaguars spokesman Dan Edwards said.

The show has previously featured the Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens and, most recently, the New York Jets.

FOXSports.com's Adam Schein, who first reported the Jaguars interest in the show, said Jets coach Rex Ryan does not want the Jets to return to Hard Knocks.

From Schein's story:

"Ryan, according to sources, does not want any more of a circus type atmosphere around the Jets after last season's bickering and collapse and this offseason's trade for Tim Tebow. The Jets drama in 2010 made the show a must-watch, ranging from Ryan's foul mouth and telling his team at the end of a meeting to "get a G-d damn snack," to cornerback Antonio Cromartie stumbling over the names of his nine kids, to the Darrelle Revis holdout."

Adding intrigue is that Jets owner Woody Johnson does want his team on the show.

Schein says the network wanted to feature the Denver Broncos, but were denied. HBO is also considering featuring both the 49ers and Ravens focusing on their coaches, brothers Jim and John Harbaugh.
I was going to put the yawn smiley but it was kinda questionable, lol

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Jaguars confirm interest in HBO's Hard Knocks

And fans confirm no interest in Hard Knocks.
Old 04-11-2012   #3
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I fell asleep halfway through reading the title. Outside of MJD they have no star power. Their best players, guys like Poslunsky and Knighton are far from household names. What kind of story lines would they have?
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I fell asleep halfway through reading the title. Outside of MJD they have no star power. Their best players, guys like Poslunsky and Knighton are far from household names. What kind of story lines would they have?
I'd imagine it to be like an episode of Parks and Rec.

Also a side story involving the tarp crew.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess this is the only way they'll get on TV without the risk of a blackout.
Old 04-11-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really care what team it is. I would probably be interested. Especially in a division rival.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I guess this is the only way they'll get on TV without the risk of a blackout.

Good one!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2012   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

The only interesting thing they have going for them is their new owner Shahid Khan. I would like to see him twirl his mustache.
Old 04-11-2012   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was thinking the same thing about it just even sounds boring.
Old 04-11-2012   #10
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I'd imagine it to be like an episode of Parks and Rec.

Also a side story involving the tarp crew.
The tarps themselves would be more interesting to watch for an hour.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Outside of MJD they have no star power.
Oh, c'mon ..... they have a QB named Blaine. Blaine!

How much more "star" can you get than that???
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't really care what team it is. I would probably be interested. Especially in a division rival.
Same here.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Per ESPN... looks like the spot is getting offered to ATL.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care who does the show as long as it's not the Texans.
Old 04-12-2012   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...jets-tim-tebow

Says Falcon's offered show. Strange to see Jets Tim Tebow in the URL.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather watch the Jags than the Falcons.
Old 04-13-2012   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised they aren't going after the Lions. I think they may be NFC championship favorites this year and they have much more interesting players than the Falcons and Jags. Oh well.
Old 04-13-2012   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Why wouldn't the JAGS be interested in "Hard Knocks"? They need to create some sort of relevancy....... AND SOON!!!!

We have a few Jags fans that post on this board (for example - Mootini, who is a great contributor to TT) and a DEFENDER of JAX. And I think he would agree that "Hard Knocks" would be a good thing for that organization...

BTW, Shad Kahn has the #BEST porn 'stache EVER!!!!
Old 04-14-2012   #19
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Why wouldn't the JAGS be interested in "Hard Knocks"? They need to create some sort of relevancy....... AND SOON!!!!

We have a few Jags fans that post on this board (for example - Mootini, who is a great contributor to TT) and a DEFENDER of JAX. And I think he would agree that "Hard Knocks" would be a good thing for that organization...

BTW, Shad Kahn has the #BEST porn 'stache EVER!!!!

Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Kahn looks like Ron Jeremy's Dad.

I really wouldnt mind seeing the Texans on Hard Knocks.

It looks like it will be ATL, that's what I've been hearing the past few days.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read