Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2012   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I never said Mosley was the 2nd best RT in the draft. I said he was the next best RT after Massie and Schwartz who are probably 4th and 5th on the RT list. This all depends on what teams decide to do with players like Reiff (LT or RT), Martin (LT or RT) and Glenn (RT or OG).

Rey, like I said Mosley could rotate with Butler at RT like Duane Brown did his rookie year. OT's can rotate at their positions just like any other player. If we did it with a 1st round pick then why can't we do it with a 3rd round pick. Caldwell rotated with Brisiel for 3 yrs. at OG.
Brown rotated with salaam because he was taken to be the lt of the future. We drafted him in the first round.

I asked earlier what your intentions for drafting him were. If you think he will immediately challenge for playing time or a starting spot, then more power to you.

I personally don't see that. I think he'd make good depth that likely wouldn't see any action.

That's where we disagree.

Duane rotated with salaam because early on his conditioning wasn't good enough. Salaam wasn't the future. He was a stop gap. The team didn't have as high if expectations then either. I trust butler out on the edge more than I'd trust Mosley, so I don't see any reason for a rotation there.

Rotating your olinemen when you are already going to be trying to build chemistry doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Either bring in someone that is legitimately good enough to challenge for a starting spot from day one there or bring in a high upside later round guy. I don't see him as either one of those guys. Jmo.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read