Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-10-2012   #61
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Meet With Prospect ______, 2012 Edition

Since badboy only posted the negatives the writer posted, here are his positives:

Quote:
Has a filled-out frame with good thickness packed on his body. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit. Possesses functional strength with powerful hands, working hard to shed at the point of attack and is at his best against the run -- downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes well to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to not be fooled by fakes. Takes accurate angles with good closing burst, showing the footwork to work well in tight areas. Tough and strong and has earned the reputation as a high effort player. Has some versatility with starting experience at both inside and outside linebacker in Cal's 3-4 defensive scheme. Was productive in his three years as a starter and was the team's most decorated player in 2011, earning Conference Defensive Player of the Year honors.
Is he a perfect prospect? No, but if he was he would be a first rounder, and not a late 2nd/early 3rd kind of guy.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #62
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I don't know if the Texans have met with him, but I'd be real happy with this guy in rd 2 as an ILB:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...012&genpos=olb
He's 1 inch taller and 2 pounds heavier than Kendricks. Guess he's gonna have to play fullback too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Since badboy only posted the negatives the writer posted, here are his positives:

Is he a perfect prospect? No, but if he was he would be a first rounder, and not a late 2nd/early 3rd kind of guy.
No man, your expectations are too low. If our draft doesn't go like this, then we need to fire Rick Smith!

1. Robert Griffin QB
2. Donta Hightower LB
3. Jerel Worthy DT
4a. Michael Floyd WR
4b. Brian Quick WR
5. Mitchell Schwartz OT
6. Shea McClellan OLB
7. Randy Bullock K

That's without trading up for better players too.
Old 04-10-2012   #63
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we cut Adibi, but he looked pretty good in the action that I saw last pre-season...I was kind of hoping we'd keep him...

But anyways, I mention that just to say that I don't think size is the determining factor in what will or won't keep him from being successful.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #64
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-2109.html

West Virginia’s Bruce Irvin may be heating up in the draft to the point he could creep into the first round. He is scheduled to take 12 visits to NFL teams. He is appealing both the 3-4 teams as an outside linebacker and 4-3 teams as a defensive end. Among the teams he is visiting are the Bears, Browns, Chiefs, Dolphins, Forty Niners, Jets, Panthers, Patriots, Texans and Titans. Part of the reason so many want to see him is coaches want to put him on the board and watch tape with him, and have a chance to see what makes him tick.
I got Irvin going to us in the 2nd.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #65
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I got Irvin going to us in the 2nd.
I'd love to have Irvin. I've mocked him to us several times...

He is dynamite off the edge...
Old 04-10-2012   #66
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Your not worried about his lack of size at 5'11" and 239 lbs., how's he going to stand up to the pounding from blocking FB and OG?
Good point but I don't see his size as a reason why he can't play 3-4 ILB. NaVorro Bowman gives his stamp of approval (143 tackles at 6-0 242).
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #67
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'd love to have Irvin. I've mocked him to us several times...

He is dynamite off the edge...
I am going to make a prediction and say that Bruce Irvin, while a natural pass rusher, will slide because he is profoundly stupid. Getting arrested at a fast food sandwich shop A DAY AFTER HIS PRO DAY is just out of this world idiotic. It's like testing positive for weed at the combine. Plus the guy has other red flags. Damn shame because he is one hell of a pass rusher.
Old 04-10-2012   #68
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He's 1 inch taller and 2 pounds heavier than Kendricks. Guess he's gonna have to play fullback too?
Lol, That's pretty good. I liked what I saw from Wagner at the Senior Bowl, but I didn't think much about him at the time because of Ryan's. I don't know much about Kendrick's other than he's a freaky good athlete
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #69
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami (Ohio) OG Brandon Brooks is scheduled to visit with the Texans.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=6109125&fhn=1
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #70
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I am going to make a prediction and say that Bruce Irvin, while a natural pass rusher, will slide because he is profoundly stupid. Getting arrested at a fast food sandwich shop A DAY AFTER HIS PRO DAY is just out of this world idiotic. It's like testing positive for weed at the combine. Plus the guy has other red flags. Damn shame because he is one hell of a pass rusher.
Quite a few teams have been showing interest in him...

Character concerns alone normally don't drop guys too far. Character concerns with less than impressive measureables tend to make guys drop.

Bruce Irvin was productive and he has top notch measureables.

I think someone is going to take a gamble on him and hope that he doesn't get into any trouble and can stay on the field.

There are a few teams that I have read that have shown interest in him and I think the Pats and Bills are or have brought him in for a visit.

Yeah, he has done some idiotic things, but for the most part he has been able to stay on the field and play.
Old 04-11-2012   #71
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans also met with Stanford OT Jonathan Martin.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=5445926&fhn=1
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #72
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

In an interview with Charlie Casserly, J Worthy said he has had talks with the Texans. So much for him not fitting our scheme.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #73
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
In an interview with Charlie Casserly, J Worthy said he has had talks with the Texans. So much for him not fitting our scheme.
Mussop, if we draft Worthy in the first we can be the sole Texan fans having a drink to that one...
Old 04-11-2012   #74
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mussop, if we draft Worthy in the first we can be the sole Texan fans having a drink to that one...
Even if I don't have any input (yet) on certain player(s) doesn't mean that I haven't watch them. I just don't want to form a final opinion before I really study a player.

I see nothing wrong with drafting a guy like Worthy on the eye test.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #75
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:
Quite a few teams have been showing interest in him...

Character concerns alone normally don't drop guys too far. Character concerns with less than impressive measureables tend to make guys drop.

Bruce Irvin was productive and he has top notch measureables.

I think someone is going to take a gamble on him and hope that he doesn't get into any trouble and can stay on the field.

There are a few teams that I have read that have shown interest in him and I think the Pats and Bills are or have brought him in for a visit.

Yeah, he has done some idiotic things, but for the most part he has been able to stay on the field and play.
I'm going to predict that he will go in the 4th, got to see what happens. Hopefully for his sake I'm wrong.
Old 04-11-2012   #76
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't worry, people will come around once he starts blowing up offensive lines.

Last year I said Watt was perfect for this defense. This year Worthy is my guy! There is no other defensive player in this draft that fits this team better.

People were freaking out when we drafted Watt. I really believe Worthy can have the same kind of effect Watt had as a rookie. Some will say well he was inconsistent. I'm not worried about that at all. He was the only player on MSU's front seven that was any good, yet he was still able to dominate at times. He's got high football IQ, is a vocal leader and has an explosive first step. He is perfect for this defense.

Cody is a very serviceable but he does little in terms of creating problems for offensive lines. Put Worthy in between Watt and Smith and you now have 3 players that are capable of getting penetration against double teams on a regular basis. Think of all the problems that will create for offensive lines.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #77
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Don't worry, people will come around once he starts blowing up offensive lines.

Last year I said Watt was perfect for this defense. This year Worthy is my guy! There is no other defensive player in this draft that fits this team better.

People were freaking out when we drafted Watt. I really believe Worthy can have the same kind of effect Watt had as a rookie. Some will say well he was inconsistent. I'm not worried about that at all. He was the only player on MSU's front seven that was any good, yet he was still able to dominate at times. He's got high football IQ, is a vocal leader and has an explosive first step. He is perfect for this defense.

Cody is a very serviceable but he does little in terms of creating problems for offensive lines. Put Worthy in between Watt and Smith and you now have 3 players that are capable of getting penetration against double teams on a regular basis. Think of all the problems that will create for offensive lines.
Yeah, if worthy is there I think I'd take him. I think he can be a dominant player on the NFL level. And I agree, I think he'd be special in our defense.
Old 04-12-2012   #78
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG 365 View Post
Miami (Ohio) OG Brandon Brooks is scheduled to visit with the Texans.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=6109125&fhn=1
Glad to hear the Texans are meeting with my favorite sleeper pick.

If Brooks is there in the 2nd Rd he will be a steal

350 Lbs men who run 4.9 and BP 35 times dont grow on trees. Brooks is a monster and despite being a big guy has great movement skills. He would be a great fit in the ZBS.

Brooks can also play RT in addition to OG.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #79
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, if worthy is there I think I'd take him. I think he can be a dominant player on the NFL level. And I agree, I think he'd be special in our defense.
What round do y'all think we'd take him if he was to be there? I reckon I need to go research this Mr. Worthy.
Old 04-12-2012   #80
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
What round do y'all think we'd take him if he was to be there? I reckon I need to go research this Mr. Worthy.
Round 1, Pick 26.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read