Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-08-2012   #221
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't please everyone. But I ain't gonna fret over collar width or stripe movement. I may actually love the changes when I get used to the new look.
IMO I think some people fear and immediately hate change. Its like a new CD from your favorite band. Sometimes you gotta give it a few pay throughs to digg it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012   #222
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nike: Outfitters for the NFL and your Houston Texans

the uniforms are exactly the same, when it comes to brand identity, the width of as collar and some accents arent going to affect that..

as for the "red-orange" crowd, compare the myers and andre pics..

its the combination of lighting and camera quality that produces that red-orange look.... myers photo is a camera phone..
Old 04-09-2012   #223
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
You can't please everyone. But I ain't gonna fret over collar width or stripe movement. I may actually love the changes when I get used to the new look.
IMO I think some people fear and immediately hate change. Its like a new CD from your favorite band. Sometimes you gotta give it a few pay throughs to digg it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I don't really care about the width of the stripes but a man's number should be worn proudly on his chest, and not be hanging around his midsection. That's just a sorry design.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012   #224
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the new jerseys already. I like the fat collar look. I think it's going to stand out more when watching the games..especially on the defense...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #225
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe ****ty QBs will be hitting guys "between the numbers" all of a sudden.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #226
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Old 04-10-2012   #227
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

If they throw the balls at their bellys, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #228
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Exactly!
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #229
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I still dont understand how Reebok is restricted from selling gear before their contract expired.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...k-jets-apparel

Quote:
NEW YORK -- Running for a loss, Reebok has scrapped its effort to sell New York Jets Tim Tebow apparel, agreeing to rid stores of thousands of jerseys and T-shirts it stamped with the quarterback's name after he was traded from the Denver Broncos to the Jets last month.

The terms of a settlement with Nike were disclosed Tuesday in papers filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan that had been signed a day earlier. It was not clear if any money changed hands.

Tebow
Beaverton, Ore.-based Nike Inc. sued Reebok International Ltd. two weeks ago, saying the rival apparel maker was trying to squeeze the most out of the end of its 10-year NFL apparel licensing deal by stamping Tebow's name on jerseys and T-shirts even though Nike was about to begin a five-year NFL contract of its own.

Judge Kevin Castel immediately blocked Reebok from selling 6,000 Tebow-Jets jerseys and 25,000 T-shirts it was distributing to stores while he heard evidence in the case. After a daylong hearing last week, he left his restraining order in place and announced that he believed Nike would ultimately prevail in its claims.

Reebok had claimed it had permission to sell the jerseys and T-shirts of up to five players who switched teams during March, including Tebow.

Castel on Monday signed a settlement judgment requiring Reebok to buy back from retailers any Tebow apparel it manufactured after its licensing deal with NFL Players Inc. to use players' names and numbers expired at the end of February. Its NFL licensing deal for players' apparel expired at the end of March.

The judgment also blocked Canton, Mass.-based Reebok, an Adidas AG subsidiary, from selling or manufacturing any unauthorized Tebow-Jets merchandise, including what it created in March. The judge then closed the legal case.

Nike spokeswoman Mary Remuzzi said the company was "pleased to have reached a mutually agreeable resolution."

Reebok also said in a statement that it was "pleased to have reached a mutually agreeable resolution."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #230
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all but pulling this out of my ass, because I can't find the article I read when all this first came to light.

IIRC, while Reebok had a contract that allowed them to produce new clothing until 31 Mar, there was a deadline as to when they could bring new designs to market and that deadline was a day or two before the trade to the Jets became official. I imagine that also within that contract, there's something that said Reebok couldn't put a player's name on another team's jersey unless that player has signed a contract with the new team.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #231
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I just know, that I will be on the lookout for the Reebok jerseys.

I have all 3 colors of the AJ jersey. I want another white one though, mine is pretty worn. I would like to have all three Foster, OD, Watt, and Demeco.

As far as the Nike jerseys If I do buy one, I'll buy a white Dre, and blue Watt jersey.

Old 04-14-2012   #232
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

The new jerseys are ugly with a capital UGLY. The collar looks disproportional and it forces the numbers to the midsection. Oddly enough, they look more like oriental rip offs than some of the oriental rip offs do these days.

That being said, Nike makes better products and in the long run this will probably be better for the players. Still...if those jerseys were prom dates they would be bespectacled fat chicks.

Last edited by burro; 04-15-2012 at 03:23 AM.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #233
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

needs wider collars
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #234
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Saw a guy last night with a med gray jersey with white letters and red stitching, a # 80. I've never seen one like it before. He left before I could ask him if it was one of Nike's or not. It was really cool!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #235
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Numbers appear to be in the same place as the Reebok ones, I like the Nike Jerseys. Even more cuz they will be more fitted unlike the NIKE ones making me look huge
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #236
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
needs popped collars
fify
Old 04-16-2012   #237
False Start
On # 69

They are on the Texans website now.

Link

Old 04-16-2012   #238
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm confused. Where is the extra wide collar?
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #239
majestrate
Veteran

Those are "Game" jerseys. You need to look at the "Elite" jerseys (Currently it's #80 or custom; no other players yet, AFAIK) if you want that pimp collar.

$100 vs $250 ($150 vs $300 for custom jerseys)
Old 04-16-2012   #240
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Don't like the Nike jerseys... The stripes are weird, the numbers and the "Texans" are too low, right on the belly, and the obvious collars... a bit too big/wide, but I can live with that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read