Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2004   #21
Ediddy73
Veteran

Wink thanks for your in-depth analysis and dogged research, I can now sleep better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Lets not panic yet. Wand will be fine at LT. JasonTaylor is not chump meat and he probably jumped offsides to shake the rook.

Let the guy get his bearings. He will be fine
Whew!! I feel so much better now. I was affraid that he was going to get Carr killed because he is consistantly going to see the best pass rusher a team has, just like Jason Taylor. Now that you have assured us that he is going to be fine, twice, I feel so much better now. thanks coach.
Old 08-09-2004   #22
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's have a little reality check here. One, it's likely that the Texans will give Wand help on a premier pass rusher in an actual game. Two, a Texan game plan against a premier pass rusher would likely include some early off tackle runs right at said pass rusher. Nothing slows down a pass rush more than a running game and if you look back at the Texans win over the Dolphins last year (when Jason Taylor went sackless and tackle free) that's exactly what they did.

I'd love to see the Raiders super stud rookie Robert Gallery face Jason Taylor 1 on 1, because I'm certain that Taylor would eat him alive at this point in their careers. And if that did happen, I don't think the Raiders would dump Gallery on the bench and bemoan drafting him. A football fan should have realized going in that there would be a learning curve. Everyone may have different expectations, but no one should think that Wand will become a complete LT overnight. I'm thinking that by the last 3rd of the season, Wand will be handing out more whippings than he takes.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read