Hall of Fame
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Rep Power: 27437
Wolf6151 2012 Mock Draft 3.0
I tried thinking about this draft from a little different perspective last night and came up with this mock draft. I won't go into long drawn out explanations, we know who most of the players are already. I used Walter Football's 2012 Draft Consensus Rankings that takes into account the average position of players from the big boards of Walter Football, CBS, Mel Kiper, Scouts Inc. etc...
1. Nick Perry-OLB, Mario's replacement and forms a 3 man rotation at OLB with Reed and Barwin. Great speed and size for the position.
2. Brandon Thompson-DT/NT, works in a rotation with Cody for a year and then replaces him after next season when Cody becomes a salary cap casualty. Allows the Texans to move Earl Mitchell to his more natural position at 3-4 DE depth. This pick might require a little luck.
3. Brandon Mosley-OT, works in a rotation with Butler at RT and then replaces him after next season when Butler becomes a salary cap casualty. If Massie or Schwartz are available then they're the pick but that's doubtful.
4a. A.J. Jenkins-WR, I really like this guy. He's probably not a future #1 but he's got what it takes to be a very good #2. Great speed, good hands, good routes and can work in the slot or outside. This pick might require some luck as well.
4b. Audie Cole-ILB, Demeco's replacement. Fills the spot with great size and it's not a huge loss losing a 4th round pick when he rotates out on 3rd downs.
5. Tommy Streeter-WR, great potential to be a future #1 but will need a couple years to grow and learn from AJ.
6. Randy Bullock-K, fills the K position for the next 10-15 yrs. so that we're not having to overpay old veterans every year and look for replacements every year.
7. Brandon Bolden-RB, our new #3 RB who also catches the ball well as he was used in the passing game quite a bit compared to other RB's.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|