Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-06-2012   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Possible 2012 Schedule Leak (Or elaborate Hoax)

http://eaglesstats2012.blogspot.com/...-schedule.html

If this is to be believed this is what the Texans are looking at:

Code:
Week 1 	Sunday 	9/9/2012 		Texans 	@ 	Broncos    NBC   8:20pm
Week 2 	Sunday 	9/16/2012 		Packers @ 	Texans 	FOX 	4:05 PM 	
Week 3 	Sunday 	9/23/2012 		Colts 	@ 	Texans 	CBS 	4:15 PM 	
Week 4 	Sunday 	9/30/2012 		Texans 	@ 	Patriots CBS 	4:15 PM 	
Week 5 	Sunday 	10/7/2012 		Titans 	@ 	Texans 	CBS 	1:00 PM 	
Week 6 	Sunday 	10/14/2012 		Texans 	@ 	Jaguars CBS 	1:00 PM 
Week 7 BYE
Week 8 	Monday 	10/29/2012 		Ravens 	@ 	Texans 	ESPN 	8:30 PM 		
Week 9 	Sunday 	11/4/2012 		Texans 	@ 	Colts 	CBS 	1:00 PM 	
Week 10 Sunday 	11/11/2012 		Jaguars @ 	Texans 	CBS 	1:00 PM 
Week 11 Sunday 	11/18/2012 		Texans 	@ 	Bears 	CBS 	1:00 PM 		
Week 12 Thursday 11/22/2012 		Texans 	@ 	Lions 	CBS 	12:30 PM 
Week 13 Sunday 	12/2/2012 		Bills 	@ 	Texans 	CBS 	1:00 PM 	
Week 14 Sunday 	12/9/2012 		Vikings @ 	Texans 	FOX 	1:00 PM 
Week 15 Sunday 	12/16/2012 		Dolphins @ 	Texans 	CBS 	1:00 PM 	
Week 16 Sunday 	12/23/2012 		Texans 	@ 	Jets 	CBS 	1:00 PM 
Week 17 Sunday 	12/30/2012 		Texans 	@ 	Titans 	CBS 	1:00 PM
One thing I noticed is I don't think the proper networks are paired with the games, and CBS seems to have a lot of 4:15 games, which has almost never been the case with all the tennis going on. Either way though, this is a legit leak or somebody has a lot of time on their hands planning a pretty complex fake. I wouldn't mind that schedule at all, what do you think?
Old 04-06-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Possible 2012 Schedule Leak (Or elaborate Hoax)

Maybe fake, but it is fun to speculate abotu this stuff, and i like the look of the schedule. Good bye week slot, just the right amount of primetime imo, but the 4 o clock games 3 weeks in a row does seem a bit off.
Old 04-06-2012   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
One thing I noticed is I don't think the proper networks are paired with the games, and CBS seems to have a lot of 4:15 games, which has almost never been the case with all the tennis going on.
The finals for the US Open would be 9/9. Looking at weeks 2-4 would indicate that CBS would hold the doubleheader 3 weeks in a row. That doesn't seem right.

Wouldn't be crazy about going on the road to Chicago, then in Detroit for Turkey day on a short week. And I would have thought the Bills game might have made MNF. But, this is possible.
Old 04-06-2012   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The finals for the US Open would be 9/9. Looking at weeks 2-4 would indicate that CBS would hold the doubleheader 3 weeks in a row. That doesn't seem right.

Wouldn't be crazy about going on the road to Chicago, then in Detroit for Turkey day on a short week. And I would have thought the Bills game might have made MNF. But, this is possible.
That week 2 match-up with Green Bay would be on Fox.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough start to the season, but the last few games look good. Bills in week 13 means we have about a 60% chance that Mario will be out. Vikings week 14 and Dolphins in 15 will be easy wins as both of those teams will be in the Suck for Barkley sweepstakes. The Jets in week 15 is great, as the team will have fired Rex Ryan by then, and they will be shambles. Finish off the season by curb stomping the Titans @ Tenn, and that will be a nice ending to another 10-6 season. Works for me.
Old 04-06-2012   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we play the ravens ???????

and umm wk1 has to be a divison game i think
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #7
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would actually love play the Broncos early. Let's not get Manning when he is fully adjusted back into the NFL.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2012   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont care much for our home/bye game distribution. Starting week 4:

Away
Home
Away
Home
Away
Home
Away
Away

And then the one positive thing.. 3 home games in a row week 13-15.. which is usually when teams in the hunt are securing their playoff berth.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
we play the ravens ???????

and umm wk1 has to be a divison game i think
Last season, the Saints opened against the Packers...
Play the Ravens because of 1st place schedule and it's good for ratings?
Old 04-06-2012   #10
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is real, it'll be nice to have SNF week 1 against Peyton.

Got some tough games in there though.
Old 04-06-2012   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
That week 2 match-up with Green Bay would be on Fox.
Networks with the doubleheaders will have games with 4:15 starts. Networks with late games that do not have the doubleheader will have games with 4:05 starts. By the Packers/Texans game having a 4:05 start, the doubleheader would belong to Cbs. And seeing that both week 3 &4 have the Texans on the late 4:15 game would imply that Cbs has the doubleheader 3 consecutive weeks.
Old 04-06-2012   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 68788 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this is legitimate.

The last month of the schedule is supposed to be full of divisional match-ups. The NFL made that change 1-2 years ago in response to all the late season quasi-tanking that was going on. My impression is the NFL was happy with the results... According to this schedule the Texans only play one divisional game the final 7 weeks.
Old 04-06-2012   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't think this is legitimate.

The last month of the schedule is supposed to be full of divisional match-ups. The NFL made that change 1-2 years ago in response to all the late season quasi-tanking that was going on. My impression is the NFL was happy with the results... According to this schedule the Texans only play one divisional game the final 7 weeks.
Remember when I made a thread saying to change it to that and alot of people thought I was crazy for suggesting such a thing?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #14
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Only time will tell if this is true or not. However I will say that as soon as Peyton signed with the Broncos the first thing that came to mind was a Sunday night game. Also my prediction of 3 primetime games would be correct as well.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #15
majestrate
All Pro

Rep Power: 9001 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Remember when I made a thread saying to change it to that and alot of people thought I was crazy for suggesting such a thing?
Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl, do ya?

I do concur that 4 games of the last 6 weeks are supposed to be divisional, which makes this most likely inaccurate.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Must the NFL attempt to get us to play Peyton Manning wk 1 again? They've done this the past 3 seasons. Oh you better believe there will be a yellow flag fest that day.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No way in hell will they give us three home games in Dec! JMO! Plus, I wouldn't be real happy if our last home game was mid Dec. BUT, if it's true, I'll just have to deal! Maybe head to NJ and watch us play the Jets!

Don't think we've ever had two 3pm games in a row, AT HOME!! Interesting schedule, if it's true. I'm just ready for some FOOTBALL, don't care when or where!!

Gonna go watch the Stallions tomorrow night. That's how desperate I am!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you take out the forehead, the rest of the head will die. -- Gregg Williams
LOL.

I think the schedule is not legit. If it is, then it sucks that we open on the road and have the last two games on the road. That's my main gripe with it.
Old 04-06-2012   #19
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at the full schedule, some of those prime time games look a little suspect. Especially on the MNF end. Then again they've been scheduling ****ty games for the past few years now.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Judging the schedule as is, two two game road stints isn't that bad, and we would have a nice soft Dec to make our playoff push. Viking, Bills, Dolphins all at home seems great, and we would get the Pack and the Ravens here. Way better than last years hoo hah of crap flung at us right from the get-go.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read